NFL and Houston Texans Superthread: Are we ready for some football?

Word is JJ Watt signed with the Cards. Why? I don't think he's a Superbowl difference maker like he would with Seattle or Titans. They must of had free cap space.
Any ideas about Watson?

Nobody seems to have even wild ass ideas on him right now.

Me I'll go with: Russ to Dallas, Dak to Houston, Watson to Seattle. Draft picks come to Houston.

Anybody got any other ideas?
Dak aint going anywhere if a full recovery is expected.If hes traded or released I would suspect that his injuries have left his abilities diminished. Watson is fun to watch but hes never gonna win a SB title.
Word is JJ Watt signed with the Cards. Why? I don't think he's a Superbowl difference maker like he would with Seattle or Titans. They must of had free cap space. Originally Posted by gnadfly

I would've bet money that JJ was going to either the Packers or Steelers.
Watt signed for for 31mil of which 23 is garuanteed.
Word is the Texans are considering signing Alex Smith. No way. The guy is washed up. He's at best an overpriced back up.
Tyrod Taylor signed. A journeyman QB. Not bad but last two teams he was unable to hold a starting job. Still, he has some skills.
Taylor is a decent contingency.
From Bleacher report:
If, for example, the New York Jets were to offer the No. 2 pick as part of a trade package, Houston could walk away with one of the top two quarterbacks in a stacked draft class.
"They sense that Houston has no reason to jump at this point," ESPN's Jeff Darlington told The Rich Eisen Show. "There's a belief that Watson will eventually be available, that he will wind up playing for another team."
Could the Texans be preparing to make a move? Their recent signing of quarterback Tyrod Taylor at least leaves the door open for that possibility. According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, the Texans and Taylor have agreed to a one-year deal worth up to $12.5 million.
If the Texans were to move Watson now, they would have a quarterback with 47 career starts to hold down the position for at least the short term.

If Caserio could pull something like that off he'd get a big boost of support.
Here's a reason: Watson being sued by a Houston woman for sexual assault. He denies it. Watson said he was approached by her attorney for a settlement.

Although I agree around the draft the Texans will get max value, there are a number of ways this can become unhinged. Watson could get in a car wreck tonight.

Carolina supposedly has 3 first round picks and Christian McCaffrey on the table. I'd take it.

The Texans have holes at almost every position. One draft class and a new coach isn't going to fix it.
Watson has made up his mind he doesn't want to be here. I believe he's willing to sit out the season to prove his point. The trick is convincing other teams that they'll play the game with him first before making a bad trade so that they can keep his trade value high. Problem is that trade might not happen until start of the pre season or even into the season depending on other team's situations. July 1st, I think, changes the way some of the salary is structured for cap purposes and I think that the Texans would be better off moving him before that date.

They already made a bad decision with Watt by just letting him walk from his contract. They can't afford to do that again. Draft picks and some decent free agent pick ups won't make this team a contender but it will signal that they are trying.
The chick suing Watson is a "massage therapist." Supposedly other message therapists are coming forward.

Watson can always find a sympathetic ear at the New England Patriot front office.
Supposedly the lawyer has a total of 9 women who've come forward against Watson. The NFL is investigating.

If Watson gets "Ray Rice'd" we're no better than an expansion team.

We've lost our top 3 players in two years for virtually NOTHING!
Look at the Houston Texans roster. Other than Tunsil, we don't have any very good players. Some decent players are on the wrong side of 29. We've traded away draft picks. Some of the draft picks for players, we don't even have those players anymore.

We're little better than an expansion team.

Thanks BoB.
Who will the Texans draft with their first round pick?

Oh, that's right.

Supposedly 22 women have grievances with Watson. He's permanently damaged. He's will not be able to juke his way out of this blitz. The under for 4.5 total wins by the Texans in 2021 looks like a lock.
So this coming season is a race to the bottom. We'll have a #1 pick in the 2022 draft. Based on their FA pickups, the front office has their orders to tank.

My only concern is Coach Culley was an assistant coach at A&M the three years Slocum won "coach of the year" at whatever the conference was named at the time. Slocum always said it was the assistant coaches deserved the honor. So he may not be as bad as some have said.

Fortunately, our defense should suck.

The Houston Tanksens.