Obamacare: The Last Straw?

BTW: Your numbers are bullshit on insureds. Originally Posted by LexusLover
From the CDC, the percentage of citizens under age 65 that are not insured is 10.5. So the percentage insured would be 89.5 percent. Ok, I was off by 1.4%. I don't have a link for the original number that I posted. I have no problem going with the numbers from the CDC. From the link:

Number of persons under age 65 uninsured at the time of interview: 28.4 million
Percent of persons under age 65 uninsured at the time of interview: 10.5%
Percent of children under age 18 uninsured at the time of interview: 4.5%

If you have different numbers, provide a link.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/health-insurance.htm
Congressman Jeff Sessions introduced an alternative health care bill that works with the ACA back in May 2016. I think his bill is a good bill and would be the way to go. Sessions is the guy that Trump wants to be Attorney General.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/23/go...althcare-plan/ Originally Posted by flghtr65
Just for the record, the "Sessions" proposal mentioned in your link was not made by the same Sessions who may become Attorney General. It was Jeff Sessions from Texas.

But facts are not things with which you Gruber acolytes make much effort to become acquainted with, are they?
Just for the record, the "Sessions" proposal mentioned in your link was not made by the same Sessions who may become Attorney General. It was Jeff Sessions from Texas.
Originally Posted by Ex-CEO
Who would have thought that there were two republican congressman with the same last name. I support the alternative health care plan proposed by Jeff Sessions.
Congressman Jeff Sessions introduced an alternative health care bill that works with the ACA back in May 2016. I think his bill is a good bill and would be the way to go. Sessions is the guy that Trump wants to be Attorney General. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Who would have thought that there were two republican congressman with the same last name. I support the alternative health care plan proposed by Jeff Sessions. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Before you embarrass yourself any further, the Texas Congressman is named Pete Sessions. The Alabama Senator in line to become Trump's AG is Jeff Sessions.

Rep. Pete Sessions is a Republican. So flighty, if his healthcare plan is so good, why didn't you endorse it when he and Louisiana Senator Bill Cassidy (also a Republican) announced it last May?

You had to lose the election to admit the obvious - the ACA is a disaster in desperate need of reform/repeal/replacement!
Before you embarrass yourself any further, the Texas Congressman is named Pete Sessions. The Alabama Senator in line to become Trump's AG is Jeff Sessions.
Originally Posted by lustylad
Before you embarrass yourself any further, the definition of Congress is below. Congress consist of two houses. The upper house is the Senate. The lower house is the House of Representatives. So, to use the term congressman was accurate.

Did you notice that with Session's bill, the only thing that changes with the ACA is that the individual mandate is removed. You can purchase heath insurance on the government exchanges or you can opt out and get tax credits for a health savings account.

Now run along clown boy, you're wasting my time.

From the link:

the national legislative body of the U.S., consisting of the Senate, or upper house, and the House of Representatives, or lower house, as a continuous institution.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/congress
Now run along clown boy, you're wasting my time. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Speaking of "wasting" your time. Since a majority of the adults (and I emphasize "adults") in this country don't like the ACA I suspect that it is "in trouble" with the members of "Congress"!

And you calling anyone "clown boy" is "rich" to say the least.

You quote the administration's enrollment numbers as a basis to support this administration's ACA's success? FYI the "enrollment" numbers have long been refuted as an accurate "reading" of the success of the program.

Just ask a "hooker"! Is the number of phone calls/texts you get an indication of your "success" in the business? It's a good thing you are an "employee"! A good thing for you!

You quote the administration's enrollment numbers as a basis to support this administration's ACA's success? FYI the "enrollment" numbers have long been refuted as an accurate "reading" of the success of the program.
Originally Posted by LexusLover
The CDC is made up of doctors and people with PHD degrees. Are you saying they can't count? Or are you saying they are lying to make the administration look good? Do you have a link with different numbers? If so post it.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/health-insurance.htm
Since a majority of the adults (and I emphasize "adults") in this country don't like the ACA I suspect that it is "in trouble" with the members of "Congress"!
I will agree with you that the individual mandate of the ACA is not popular. It wasn't a problem in Romneycare for the state of Mass. It has been a problem for the ACA.

The good thing with the Session's bill is that the individual mandate is gone. People can opt out the ACA and get tax credits for a health savings account instead. People who like the ACA can still purchase a health insurance plan on the government exchange. If their income is family of 4 and make less than $94,000 they can still get a subsidy to help pay for their premium.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/05/23/go...althcare-plan/
Or are you saying they are lying to make the administration look good? Originally Posted by flghtr65
Yes. They are liars just like you. That's what good liars do, challenge people when they've had a track record of lying. Gruber has a PhD from Harvard not less, lied and boasted that he could get away with lying.

You are finally getting it fliar65.
Speaking of "wasting" your time. Since a majority of the adults (and I emphasize "adults") in this country don't like the ACA I suspect that it is "in trouble" with the members of "Congress"!
By "adults" you mean the people who are actually paying. It's time the adults in the room were listened to.
By "adults" you mean the people who are actually paying. It's time the adults in the room were listened to. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes. And "in the room" folks spoke loud and clear on November 8th.
I will agree with you that the individual mandate of the ACA is not popular.

....the individual mandate is gone. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Let me confuse you even further ....

... #1: Without the "mandate" there is no "Obmamcare"!

....#2: "Obamacare" is NOT INSURANCE COVERAGE.

There are other "unpopular" administrative rulings and mandates, btw, BUT you wouldn't know about them because it doesn't concern you and it doesn't impact on you personally. Liberals are like that, you know. The ACA was not passed to provide EVERYONE with health care coverage ... but you wouldn't know about that either. You've been Gruberized.
Fliar65 thinks being Gruberized is a good thing LL.
Fliar65 thinks being Gruberized is a good thing LL. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Perhaps it gets it confused with Guberized!

Or is that "Carterized"?

You quote the administration's enrollment numbers as a basis to support this administration's ACA's success?
TheStreet.com is from the private sector, they track stocks for investors . They are not associated with the government. They have a favorable view of the ACA. The ACA is not perfect but it works. From the link:

Now, before the law's critics resume their touchdown dance, we should remember the Affordable Care Act's many successes as well. The uninsured rate is down, it's approaching zero in states that accepted the Medicaid expansion, and in both 2014 and 2015 health care expenses came in well below pre-ACA projections.

In real terms, more people have access to life-saving treatment and for less money. That's worth something, and should be the baseline to all conversations about health care reform. Obamacare is flawed but functional.

https://www.thestreet.com/story/1369...m_ven=TSCZACKS