SPEED senile Joe gets AL Bore's endorement...WTF does Ol'Joe say to him?? Please decipher for us!!

That’s a fools errand and doesn’t determine the outcome. Are you willing to take my bet? Trump wins, you go away from the PF, if he loses, I go away for three months. It worked out for me in 2016. Are you in Speedy? Originally Posted by bambino
This is the 3rd time I've told you I don't make such bets. If I was certain of a Biden win I would say so. I am not so why would I bet on it? Betting parlors have Trump as a solid favorite at this time.

I will make the following "gentlemen's bets" with you.Of course assuming Biden is the candidate:

Biden wins the popular vote by a larger margin than Clinton won it in 2016

Trump gets less electoral votes than he did in 2016

Biden wins Michigan

Trump wins Texas but by less of a margin than the 9% he won it by in 2016. More like 5% range.

Democrats maintain control of the House

Repulicans maintain control of the Senate but the current 53-47 margin narrows by 1 or 2

gentleman's bet (plural gentlemen's bets) A bet in which no money is bet; only the honor of the two parties is at stake. There is no need for proof that one party's side of the bet has been fulfilled; he or she is taken at their word.
This is the 3rd time I've told you I don't make such bets. If I was certain of a Biden win I would say so. I am not so why would I bet on it? Betting parlors have Trump as a solid favorite at this time.

I will make the following "gentlemen's bets" with you.Of course assuming Biden is the candidate:

Biden wins the popular vote by a larger margin than Clinton won it in 2016

Trump gets less electoral votes than he did in 2016

Biden wins Michigan

Trump wins Texas but by less of a margin than the 9% he won it by in 2016. More like 5% range.

Democrats maintain control of the House

Repulicans maintain control of the Senate but the current 53-47 margin narrows by 1 or 2

gentleman's bet (plural gentlemen's bets) A bet in which no money is bet; only the honor of the two parties is at stake. There is no need for proof that one party's side of the bet has been fulfilled; he or she is taken at their word. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Well, at least you admitted a couple things. One, you’re not confident that Biden will win. Two, the betting parlors have Trump winning. Betting parlors are more accurate than polls. But let’s simplify this, I’ll bet Trump will win no matter who the Dems put up. A Gentleman’s bet of course.
Well, at least you admitted a couple things. One, you’re not confident that Biden will win. Two, the betting parlors have Trump winning. Betting parlors are more accurate than polls. But let’s simplify this, I’ll bet Trump will win no matter who the Dems put up. A Gentleman’s bet of course. Originally Posted by bambino
I never said I was confident of a Biden win. I think he is positioned well to pull off the victory but most polls at the state level are within the margin of error. One fact I just learned -- at this point in 2016 Clinton led Trump in the polls by more than Biden leads Trump right now. A positive for Trump supporters. Polls in the last 2-3 weeks have moved in Biden's direction. In 6+ months they can go back and forth several times. And I've mentioned Trump leading in the betting parlors on at least 2 occasions previously.

I am hoping for a Biden victory in November and if you want to make a genleman's bet, fine. You were right in 2016 and I was wrong. I believe I was right in 2018 and you were wrong. At least on the House side.
I never said I was confident of a Biden win. I think he is positioned well to pull off the victory but most polls at the state level are within the margin of error. One fact I just learned -- at this point in 2016 Clinton led Trump in the polls by more than Biden leads Trump right now. A positive for Trump supporters. Polls in the last 2-3 weeks have moved in Biden's direction. In 6+ months they can go back and forth several times. And I've mentioned Trump leading in the betting parlors on at least 2 occasions previously.

I am hoping for a Biden victory in November and if you want to make a genleman's bet, fine. You were right in 2016 and I was wrong. I believe I was right in 2018 and you were wrong. At least on the House side. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Nah, I knew history was on the side of Democrats taking the House. You didn’t have a genius to predict that. I did predict the Senate would increase. So it’s on. A tepid bet from you. Because you put nothing on the line. I’m ok with that.
Nah, I knew history was on the side of Democrats taking the House. You didn’t have a genius to predict that. I did predict the Senate would increase. So it’s on. A tepid bet from you. Because you put nothing on the line. I’m ok with that. Originally Posted by bambino
The only other person on this forum other than me who is on record as predicting the Democrats would win the House and Republicans would increaase their margin in the Senate was eccielover.

I remember other Trump supporters predicted Republicans to hold the House with several predicting Republicans increasing their margin. Clinton supporters predicted Democrats taking back both the House and Senate. If you say you also predicted Democrats would win back the House I will believe you.

Has anyone taken you up on your offer yet? Staying off eccie for a determined amount of time?
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
that's a false bet.. where are you getting the other Gentleman?

I think Biden would win today, but there is more than 6 months to go.. no way would I call a Victor now. either Candidate could drop out for Health reasons alone. and the curve of the Corona will likely be the margin of victory.
The only other person on this forum other than me who is on record as predicting the Democrats would win the House and Republicans would increaase their margin in the Senate was eccielover.

I remember other Trump supporters predicted Republicans to hold the House with several predicting Republicans increasing their margin. Clinton supporters predicted Democrats taking back both the House and Senate. If you say you also predicted Democrats would win back the House I will believe you.

Has anyone taken you up on your offer yet? Staying off eccie for a determined amount of time? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Speedy, I said in 2018 that 40 Republicans were either retiring or not seeking another term. That was a fact. I said that was too big of hill to climb. I acknowledged it. So don’t try and tell me what I did or didn’t say. I offered the bet to HoeDummer. He lost last time but tried to sneak on with another handle, which he got banned for anyways. I’ll just settle for our “gentlemen’s” bet. Until somebody else steps up.
Who in his rights mind would take a bet with yous, bamsy?

That would be abouts as laughable as challenging fredsy to a fist fights.

LOLLING!
Who in his rights mind would take a bet with yous, bamsy?

That would be abouts as laughable as challenging fredsy to a fist fights.

LOLLING! Originally Posted by HoeHummer
You did last time and lost. What fake handle where you when you welshed on the bet and got banned?
Prove your claims, good buddy. Your blather is neverelephant.
Prove your claims, good buddy. Your blather is neverelephant. Originally Posted by HoeHummer
You and I know it’s the truth. I don’t have to prove anything. Whens Yssup coming back?

BAHAHAHAHA
Keyboard courage, big shooter. Yous got nothing. And we all know that.
Who in his rights mind would take a bet with yous, bamsy? Originally Posted by HoeHummer
I can't speak for others, but I know I wouldn't. I'm not waiting around every week for a disability check like bambi probably does at his trailer park. I'd never see any money with any bet with him because his old fat closeted gay hillbilly ass has none.
I can't speak for others, but I know I wouldn't. I'm not waiting around every week for a disability check like bambi probably does at his trailer park. I'd never see any money with any bet with him because his old fat closeted gay hillbilly ass has none. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
I’ve had a great career. You on the other hand, live in a fantasy world that nobody believes. Sad.
Speedy, I said in 2018 that 40 Republicans were either retiring or not seeking another term. That was a fact. I said that was too big of hill to climb. I acknowledged it. So don’t try and tell me what I did or didn’t say. I offered the bet to HoeDummer. He lost last time but tried to sneak on with another handle, which he got banned for anyways. I’ll just settle for our “gentlemen’s” bet. Until somebody else steps up. Originally Posted by bambino
The question is, did you predict prior to the November 2018 election that Democrats would regain control of the House or did you justify the Republican losses after the election?

As I said, I don't remember anyone else calling the election in 2018 correctly other than eccielover. I do remember you stating that 40 Republicans were retiring, but did you make a prediction as to who would win control of the House? The Republicans lost 40 seats but they were not all the seats of the 40 retiring Republicans. 21 incumbent Republicans lost their seats.

Plus, I could only find 23 House Republicans who were retiring in 2018. And 3 Republican Senators:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...gress-in-2018/

Another breakdown: 23 Republican House members retired. 7 ran for Senate seats. 4 ran for Governor seats.

https://ballotpedia.org/List_of_U.S....ection_in_2018