Are muslims unfairly Demonized????

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...83227/taqiyyah

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taqiyya

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Quran/011-taqiyya.htm

The references above disprove your statements. The wiki article is well referenced. The last link is from an apparent Islamic website The religion of peace. It sounds to me like lying about Islam to further the cause of Islam is allowed and maybe even encouraged.

Christianity does not have a similar doctrine. Just the opposite in fact. Christians are taught that the second most important commandment is to love their brother as they do themselves. It doesn't say to love only your Christian brothers. That would seem to be in direct conflict with the doctrine of Takkiya.

It is a fact that we tend to most fear that which we understand the least. Can you understand how it is that Christians have a hard time understanding Islam when the links that I posted above and many more as well as the recent acts of Muslims in the name if Islam seem to disprove what Muslims say about being peaceful especially in light of the fact that they have doctrine saying it's ok to lie about it? Originally Posted by boardman
Edit: sorry....some kinda Glitch on my end...two browsers going. More than a blonde can handle I guess, LOL. Carry on...lol.
Sweetie, I didn't come to argue. I did not mean to indicate "all" anything. I apologize for my err. Thanks you....I'm learning. :-) Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
And I wasn't addressing you.
And I wasn't addressing you. Originally Posted by boardman
See my edit....apologies again. Wow....lightning speed reflex response! I'm enamored....truly!
Wow....lightning speed reflex response! I'm enamored....truly! Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
What else do you expect from a cattarderator?
I can see you didn't get my point. Yours is valid to you. Thanks for the education. Originally Posted by MaxiMilyen
The ramifications of your 'point' is evident on the streets of Chicago.
The ramifications of your 'point' is evident on the streets of Chicago. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
So I B should muslims not be allowed to run for office and/or serve in our military?
The ramifications of your 'point' is evident on the streets of Chicago. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No, as I wasn't talking about children raising children who grew up with those they trusted and whose wills and beliefs were imposed on their will. But thank you and I believe you very strongly cling to what you believe, but it doesn't mean that's how I view things.

I do thank you for taking the time to explain in depth, your beliefs, as evidenced by something you can relate to thru your experience of the world. I obviously know very little of such matters.
So I B should muslims not be allowed to run for office and/or serve in our military? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
"As of April 2008, there were 3,409 Muslims in the active-duty military." Given that number, less than .1% have gained significant notoriety: Nidal Malik Hasan at Fort Hood, Hasan Akbar in Kuwait, and the D.C. Sniper: John Allen Muhammad. Hence, those entering the service deserve greater scrutiny. Regarding politicians: leave it to voters to elect whomever they please.
So I B should muslims not be allowed to run for office and/or serve in our military? Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
In the past, Nazis and Communists could not get security clearances, were viewed with extreme suspicion, and in many cases were encouraged (painfully) to leave the service if they were able to make in. Sounds like a policy that works for me. If it worked for FDR then it should work for Obama (and anyone who comes afterward).
"As of April 2008, there were 3,409 Muslims in the active-duty military." Given that number, less than .1% have gained significant notoriety: Nidal Malik Hasan at Fort Hood, Hasan Akbar in Kuwait, and the D.C. Sniper: John Allen Muhammad. Hence, those entering the service deserve greater scrutiny. Regarding politicians: leave it to voters to elect whomever they please. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Any statistics on how many Americans have been killed by snake bite and lightening within the same time frame? Is it more or less than the number of Americans killed by those guys?
Any statistics on how many Americans have been killed by snake bite and lightening within the same time frame? Is it more or less than the number of Americans killed by those guys? Originally Posted by boardman
A better, and more relevant, point of reference would be garnered from comparing these nefarious actors with the number of Catholics, Jews or Baptists who rolled hand grenades into the tents of their compatriots or shot their unarmed brethren standing in lines at processing stations in the last 15 years.
In the past, Nazis and Communists could not get security clearances, were viewed with extreme suspicion, and in many cases were encouraged (painfully) to leave the service if they were able to make in. Sounds like a policy that works for me. If it worked for FDR then it should work for Obama (and anyone who comes afterward). Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You are one low-life filthy POS of a human to make that remark, There are muslim men and women who have put their life on their life and have died for this country- while you sit on a whore board and make a mockery of their faith.
A better, and more relevant, point of reference would be garnered from comparing these nefarious actors with the number of Catholics, Jews or Baptists who rolled hand grenades into the tents of their compatriots or shot their unarmed brethren standing in lines at processing stations in the last 15 years. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Meh,
WTF doesn't give a rat's ass about that....
butt, he is scared of snakes and lightening.
So based on the above reference material- muslims have a lot of killing to do before they catch up with Christians. Sadly you guys blame the actions of few and stick to the masses of billions who have nothing to do with the radicals. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You have way too much time on your hands. Anything from has nothing to do with today. The Muslims killing people so at the urgings of their imams quoting verses out of the Quran. I know of no other religion that believes that if others don't convert to their religion its ok to kill them all this happening while the so called non radical Muslims sit on their hands and say nothing. Like or not believe it or not we are in a holy war and we will loose If we don't pull out collective fucking heads out of the sand
my sense is many if not most sunni muslims like the guys who are terrorists

my feeling is they support them, some financially and some demonstrate openly or some tacitly, giving their assent in secret

they know of and mostly believe the underpinnings of the terrorists rationale

they place great stock in avenging any criticism of the prophet and think those who disparage the religion are due death, finding blasphemy in merely stating Christian principles

they can find no argument with the plainness of the words written

they cannot assent to a peace with Israel for islam is to dominate, and peace is impossible , only submission

until muslims gather some theologically coherent quranic theories and form schools for the teaching of children that oppose the above ideas in mass and allow freedom of religion instead of subjugation and real histories to be taught in lieu of ideology then yes they do deserve to be demonized, but there are too many difficulties with this to happen any time soon from a religionist standpoint