Health Care

Well, then we would need a good old fashioned war wouldn't we.
Flags here, flags there, etc. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius

“Your flag decal won’t get you into heaven anymore”

Couldn't resist
For instance, just because planes aren't mentioned in the Constitution, doesn't mean there should not be an FAA and a uniform way of directing air traffic. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
A great example of a government function that should be privatized.
I get all my news from the Onion.

Obama on Healthcare
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCyPAaubENE
A great example of a government function that should be privatized. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Obviously, I would disagree. A private entity would not have the police powers necessary to regulate the skies. Gotta watch out for the next airplanes who might fly into the Pentagon.
I get all my news from the Onion. Originally Posted by Nicolette Bordeauxva
I guess that means you peel one layer at a time off until you get to the truth???
Obviously, I would disagree. A private entity would not have the police powers necessary to regulate the skies. Gotta watch out for the next airplanes who might fly into the Pentagon. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
You are confusing safety and enforcement with ATC. Private contractors run ATC in most of the world -- including Iran under contract to the US military. The advantage of private operators is that they can invest in technology without the politics.
You are confusing safety and enforcement with ATC. Private contractors run ATC in most of the world -- including Iran under contract to the US military. The advantage of private operators is that they can invest in technology without the politics. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Uhhhh, not really, I don't think. Just who do you think alerts DOD when a plane goes off course? Now, PJ, I'm not in The Unmistakable Know Zone like you but I assume, maybe mistakenly, that the only people in a position to know where a plane should be, and where it is not, is ATC, and are therefore, are the only ones who can alert USAF/DOD of a threat.

In this particular area, I think civilian duties and safety and enforcement overlap substantially.
You obviously dont fly very often and thus dont realize how fucked up ATC is.
CT2005, I dare you to bring up TSA. All though it is kind of fun watching PJ's head start spinning.
CT2005, I dare you to bring up TSA. All though it is kind of fun watching PJ's head start spinning. Originally Posted by Ansley
Well, PJ, I do fly enough to maintain a minimum elite status. However, I admit I am not in the cockpit or in the tower to hear any exchanges.

Ansely, as far as TSA is concerned: I have never, ever been a fan. I think they are a waste of money and do NOTHING to thwart any threats. All anyone wanting to hurt someone would need is a ballpoint pen, and they make it through screening every day. IMHO, they really don't do anything to make the skies more secure.

So, if you think PJ's head would , mine would !!!!
I'm not a fan of the F.A.A.
The ATC part is understaffed and the equipment is always too old.
Don't get me started on the other guys. (We're here to help.)
... However, I admit I am not in the cockpit or in the tower to hear any exchanges.
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

It's child's play.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQFg6fe-wo
Bah humbug, TSA is all security theatre; any well planned attack can trivially get by them.
“Your flag decal won’t get you into heaven anymore”

Couldn't resist Originally Posted by terbul

Nobody’s heard of John Prine?
Nobody’s heard of John Prine? Originally Posted by terbul
No I haven't.