Question for mainly UC

Texan's don't always eat what they BBQ ???? Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

No we send all the throw away to KC.
No we send all the throw away to KC. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
me no think we thinking the same BBQ Sir
me no think we thinking the same BBQ Sir Originally Posted by offshoredrilling

You have to flow with the multiple meanings of "throw away".
You have to flow with the multiple meanings of "throw away". Originally Posted by CryptKicker
ok YUP
https://www.kwch.com/2021/10/29/mcri...h-anniversary/

This explains a lot about the taste of KC! The mcrib was originally test marketed in the KC area! Huge success in that area.

lol Says a lot bout KC standards of BBQ.
But still my question of Austin vs Midland only has a vague answer
One is dry and the other is really dry.
But still my question of Austin vs Midland only has a vague answer Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
Whats the difference between the 2?
But still my question of Austin vs Midland only has a vague answer Originally Posted by Unique_Carpenter
It's sad that your mod-addled brain can't discern the info given to you....

West Texas (includes Midland): West Texas barbecue (a.k.a. cowboy-style) is a type of American regional barbecue style in which the meat is not smoked, but cooked directly over mesquite coals instead. Goat, mutton, chicken, and beef are the most typical types of meat used in this barbecue-style.

The cooking time is fast, so thinner meat such as sausage, ribs, and chops are typically more successful with this barbecue method.

Central Texas (includes Austin): Central Texas-style barbecue originated in the Czech and German meat markets in the late 19th century. This barbecue style is typically associated with cooking brisket (the fattier portion is called point, while the leaner portion is called flat) low and slow, usually over post oak fire.

The meat is seasoned with salt, pepper, and maybe a bit of cayenne or garlic powder. It is then cooked in offset smokers, while the heat and smoke from the fire go across the meat, adding an irresistible smoky flavor to the brisket (although shoulder clod, chuck short ribs, and larger short ribs are also popular).

The meat is carved in front of the customer, and it is traditionally served on butcher paper (as an homage to the meat markets of yore), most often without any type of barbecue sauce on the side.
mm
Attached Images File Type: jpeg AC8D520D-2462-4424-9AEE-A084F2661BF0.jpeg (179.5 KB, 95 views)
It's sad that your mod-addled brain can't discern the info given to you....

West Texas (includes Midland): West Texas barbecue (a.k.a. cowboy-style) is a type of American regional barbecue style in which the meat is not smoked, but cooked directly over mesquite coals instead. Goat, mutton, chicken, and beef are the most typical types of meat used in this barbecue-style.

The cooking time is fast, so thinner meat such as sausage, ribs, and chops are typically more successful with this barbecue method.

Central Texas (includes Austin): Central Texas-style barbecue originated in the Czech and German meat markets in the late 19th century. This barbecue style is typically associated with cooking brisket (the fattier portion is called point, while the leaner portion is called flat) low and slow, usually over post oak fire.

The meat is seasoned with salt, pepper, and maybe a bit of cayenne or garlic powder. It is then cooked in offset smokers, while the heat and smoke from the fire go across the meat, adding an irresistible smoky flavor to the brisket (although shoulder clod, chuck short ribs, and larger short ribs are also popular).

The meat is carved in front of the customer, and it is traditionally served on butcher paper (as an homage to the meat markets of yore), most often without any type of barbecue sauce on the side.
Originally Posted by CryptKicker

That is spot on for the BBQ I grew up on around here! Taylor elgin manor lockhart luling are all similar
Ok CK, and wd,

For the following small Texas villages, which restaurant(s)
Katy
Belton
Ft Worth
Bryan
Austin
I'll actually be in 3 of the 5, maybe a 4th, for horse shows, or something else, in 2022.
And that's just Tx.
So, which bbq restaurants, and why.
Austin

Smokey Mo's...their creamed corn rocks too!

https://www.destinationbryan.com/blo...s-in-bryan-tx/
Sounds like spankings need to be distibuted.
Sounds like spankings need to be distibuted. Originally Posted by yourdesire
Heh,
I'll delegate that to you and Savannah.