Steelers 2024 thread

I wouldn't have made the trade, but a 6th round pick next year is not a big loss. I don't see Fields playing more than half the snaps which would kick the pick to a 4th.

If the Steelers don't pick up Fields 5th year option by May 6th, I believe it is, they will have no current QB's under contract for next year.

You now have 2 QB's with a 3rd to be added that have to learn a new system. Wilson is going to get the majority of snaps so I don't see how you can accurately evaluate Fields this year.

Just too messy for my liking with not much of a plan for the future.
The Omar Khan era has begun in Pittsburgh and he doesn't care about the fans' feelings.

I have to say, it's so refreshing to hear that. Steelers fans are among the most spoiled, entitled and whiny fans in all of sport (and I say this as a longtime season ticket holder).

Truth is, it was a huge mistake drafting Pickett and he probably wouldn't even be in the NFL right now if Colbert and Tomlin hadn't caved to public pressure to pick him. Omar Khan saw what a lot of us saw, and put a stop to that homer bullshit as soon as he could. I'm already a huge fan of the guy.

Khan doesn't give a flying fuck that Kenny Pickett went to Pitt, and he doesn't care who he makes mad by getting rid of him. Khan cares about winning Super Bowls, period.

https://steelcityblitz.com/with-pick...gs-very-clear/
The days of Tomlin waddling thru mediocrity are over. Kahn is going to give him a very good roster. Time for Tomlin to put up or shut up.
The days of Tomlin waddling thru mediocrity are over. Kahn is going to give him a very good roster. Time for Tomlin to put up or shut up. Originally Posted by bambino
Agreed. He needs to produce at least a deep playoff run sometime over the next 2 seasons, or it's time for a change at HC (and I love Tomlin).

I'm just breathing a huge sigh of relief that Tomlin didn't lose his job because of Kenny fucking Pickett. That would have been a travesty of epic proportion.
If nothing else, Pittsburgh has two top level sexy AF significant others coming to the burg. Ciara with Russ and Livvy Dunne when Skenes pitches a home game.
Those two are freaking smokin!
If nothing else, Pittsburgh has two top level sexy AF significant others coming to the burg. Ciara with Russ and Livvy Dunne when Skenes pitches a home game.
Those two are freaking smokin!
Originally Posted by Charley3
Something we can all agree on 😄
... Blimey! ... Training Camp... ...

#### Salty
I guess the biggest news was Wilson sitting out the first two days with a calf issue. Fields ran with the starters to mixed results.
Fields has been looking pretty good so far. I wouldn’t be shocked if he wins the job. Peyton Wilson has been a standout. They still have Jones starting at RT Tackle and Moore at Lt Tackle. I hope Fontanu breaks thru. He has to be better than Moore.
I’m thinking Fields will be the starter. Some of his throws are elite.

https://x.com/pickensburgh/status/18...0AMolspcYxY9QA

He’s thrown several of passes like this. Plus his speed and agility running the ball.
I’m thinking Fields will be the starter. Some of his throws are elite.

https://x.com/pickensburgh/status/18...0AMolspcYxY9QA

He’s thrown several of passes like this. Plus his speed and agility running the ball. Originally Posted by bambino
its not even preseason......... lets not forget how elite and great kenny looked before it counted.........

wilson if healthy is da man
its not even preseason......... lets not forget how elite and great kenny looked before it counted.........

wilson if healthy is da man Originally Posted by chizzy
Kenny isn’t Fields on any level. Wilson is 36 and isn’t the future. Don’t bet on it Chizz. Maybe Wilson will start. Maybe the Steelers kept him out of practice to see Fields with their own eyes. He’s not disappointed.
They kept him out of practice because he injured his calf and have been working him back in
They kept him out of practice because he injured his calf and have been working him back in Originally Posted by HDGristle
Any science on that?
Nah, just a pile of articles and sports talk over the past week plus.