lustylad please explain the logic of the Florida Governor's logic in giving out 450 dollars...

if everyone was a millionaire

they'd all be equally as broke
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2022, 08:48 AM
OK, I'll say it a third time. WHO'S PRESIDENT DOESN'T MAKE MUCH DIFFERENCE IN GDP GROWTH. Maybe if I elaborate it will sink in. You've got the business cycle, growth in the labor force, changes in productivity, changes in technology, globalization, investment, Congress, conditions in China and other countries, wars, Congress, epidemics (e.g. COVID) and lots of other factors that can affect GDP growth Originally Posted by Tiny
Who was the one comparing Trump GDP numbers vs Obama's?

I just point out how your numbers were distorted. You seemed to want to take offense to that fact!
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2022, 08:49 AM
if everyone was a millionaire

they'd all be equally as broke Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Nobody said anything about everyone being a millionaire. Jesus....why do I even bother with you?

If you could connect the dots....you'd have understood why I threw in antitrust
a large middle class is the stuff of freedom

tell it to the dimocrats

but the rich, well we must have the rich and the real possibility of becoming rich
  • Tiny
  • 07-27-2022, 10:13 AM
a large middle class is the stuff of freedom

tell it to the dimocrats

but the rich, well we must have the rich and the real possibility of becoming rich Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
And our middle class, despite WTF's pronouncements about inequality, is wealthy compared to other countries:

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=100
And our middle class, despite WTF's pronouncements about inequality, is wealthy compared to other countries:

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=100 Originally Posted by Tiny
tiny, my friend, as well you know

in most matters, wtf is given to much bluster and bloviation infused with a stridency borne of innovative obstinacy

that is, until even he realizes he has no where to turn in further argumentation

and then he blithely snaps and segues to some other side matter and then with him its as if all before never occurred

wtf's ability to just move along from a beat down is reminiscent of something I recall, something that happened on national television in 1972, and it is something that no one else i have ever asked remembers

seems diana ross, she of the supremes singing group, was the star of a new movie "lady sings the blues" along with her co-star billy d. williams

she was to be interviewed on the today show, the nbc morning show, by barbara walters ostensibly about the new movie

the interview opens, i'm laying in bed, the tv on, my lady is in the bathroom

barbara opens with the question, almost verbatim even given lo these many intervening years:

"now diana, now that you have it all, you've had a successful singing career, you have a movie, you have a white husband..."

with that, diana's jaw drops, immediately they cut to a commercial without any answer

i mean the interview just started and it goes to commercial

when the commercial is over, the set is changed, barbara is gone, diana is long gone

there is just the news readers going on about something else, as if barbara's question and diana's appearance never happened

when wtf is cornered, which is frequent, boom he's on to something else just like nbc after that aborted interview
when you have santis accepting free money from the federal govt. states are part of the reason why we have a huge debt. they cannot, for whatever reason, say no.
  • Tiny
  • 07-27-2022, 11:32 AM
wtf's ability to just move along from a beat down is reminiscent of something I recall, something that happened on national television in 1972, and it is something that no one else i have ever asked remembers

seems diana ross, she of the supremes singing group, was the star of a new movie "lady sings the blues" along with her co-star billy d. williams

she was to be interviewed on the today show, the nbc morning show, by barbara walters ostensibly about the new movie

the interview opens, i'm laying in bed, the tv on, my lady is in the bathroom

barbara opens with the question, almost verbatim even given lo these many lapsed years:

"now diana, now that you have it all, you've had a successful singing career, you have a movie, you have a white husband..."

with that, diana's jaw drops, immediately they cut to a commercial without any answer

i mean the interview just started and it goes to commercial

when the commercial is over, the set is changed, barbara is gone, diana is long gone

there is just the news readers going on about something else, as if barbara's question and diana's appearance never happened

when wtf is cornered, which is frequent, boom he's on to something else just like nbc after that aborted interview Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Hilarious story about Barbara Walters! Man was she out of it.
Hilarious story about Barbara Walters! Man was she out of it. Originally Posted by Tiny
before i die, my one remaining goal is to find someone else who remembers that
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2022, 06:38 PM

https://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=100 Originally Posted by Tiny
Do you understand what the Gini Coefficient measures?

Wider and wider inequality.

If you think the poor here got it good....you haven't transversed among them.
Why should I care if some guy has billions in the bank? I love rich people, they’re the only ones who can afford my confiscatory labor rates.
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2022, 06:39 PM
before i die, my one remaining goal is to find someone else who remembers that Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
She sounds like a few of our posters in this forum!
If you think the poor here got it good....you haven't transversed among them. Originally Posted by WTF
And you haven’t seen real poverty. Our poor people are fat, have iPhones and broadband internet.
  • WTF
  • 07-27-2022, 06:44 PM

when wtf is cornered, which is frequent, boom he's on to something else just like nbc after that aborted interview Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
I'm sure not cornered in this thread.

You asked where the quote from the Florida governor was and I directed you to the original post.

He is offsetting inflation (his words) by giving away more free money.(his action).

What is so hard to understand?

Even our resident economic guru does not want to weigh in and explain the logic.

Maybe he should cut taxes on the wealthy too!
And you haven’t seen real poverty. Our poor people are fat, have iPhones and broadband internet. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
The poorest slums I've seen in Quetero, Damascus, and Sao Paulo would result in screams of protest from the fat poor people in the US if they were forced to live in them.