Need men to decipher this message

Taint is not negotiable.

If one cannot afford the lady's rate, do not play. Pretty simple.
Well that high school senior did get a Prom Date with Kate Upton. Wonder what her hourly rates are?
I've inquired about prices before. Why? When I see a lady with a posted rate of X but I read reviews which show a rate or Y - then I need to know. There are many ladies with a higher posted rate here and/or on P411 than the reviews of them lead to believe they actually charge. Also, some ladies are all over on their price scheme. It looks like they change prices on a whim.

Posted eccie rate = 300
Posted P411 rate = 300
Last five eccie reviews = 240 and no specials posted in the ads section to go along with the 240. So did she raise her price or was it always 300 but only if you didn't ask or mention the 240?

Posted eccie rate = 240
Posted BP rate = 200
Posted reviewer special rate on eccie from last month = 200
Last few eccie reviews are about equally split between 200 and 240.

Does she always offer a reviewer special? The posted ad didn't have a date range with it. Even though I'm on eccie can I get the BP price since I see that is a recent post? She's shown she offers specials so why not ask so I don't miss out if one is in effect today.

Finally the lady who posts a rate of say 260 maybe here and maybe on P411 or BP too - no change in the price. This should be easy. She doesn't post specials so I should know she's 260, right?

Her last five reviews are all recent and none are the same rate and none are 260. She has everything from 200, 220, 240, 300 to a 160 half hour.

These types of examples are becoming more of the rule than the exception.
^^^Ahhhh, the ol' shell game grafted onto "Hide the Sausage." Priceless.....
Adonis brings up a good point. If the guy had complimented Samantha, then asked her, "I see your rate is X, according to your Showcase. I know some women offer specials in other venues that don't always appear in the Showcase, and thought I might check just in case...", she might not have found the need to start this thread.

It may not have gotten him the date with Samantha, but I bet that approach works better than the "Too bad your rate is so high" tactic.
Tigercat,

Thanks for the ummmm compliments? ... Originally Posted by Jules Jaguar
Please, it was meant as a compliment. You are a pretty lady and from all I have seen, have a good head on your shoulders.

As a small business owner, I know that I draw more customers from responding in a kind way than a rude way. In my eyes, the ultimate compliment I have received was the customer who came in and said a friend had contacted me about doing work for her, but we were unable to come to an agreement on prices and services. However she was so impressed with how I handled the situation, and the fact that I did not charge her for the time spent deciding we could not work together, that she recommended me to a friend.

First impressions do count.

Oh, and by the way, Sam, kudos to you. This is an example of how a lady can do a threAD, get plenty of participation, and no one finds it objectionable or in the least way pushy like most of the ones posted in the COED forum.
I will say that between this post and your post about being a cheapskate yourself when you tried to negotiate with others does put things in a different light in regards to you and I'm glad to see that you are not going down that path.

I'm not so sure that I'm willing, however, to accept the negative connotation that goes with being "cheap." Between the current state of the economy, rising prices and my own increasing conservatism as I get older, I'm much more inclined to find the best value possible for my expenditures. And I don't fault anyone for doing the same.

I still see nothing wrong with a polite, respectful approach to a provider if one wants to try to negotiate a better rate. Now, it might be also appropriate to accept a reduction in time or services. Maybe I've got some mental block about paying X hourly rate, but I'll pay Y for 45 minutes. As long as everyone has a satisfactory outcome, then I'm good with it.

And who knows, maybe if I did find that I enjoyed that provider's company enough that I'll request an upgrade. Originally Posted by Rehke
Yep..yep! Nothing wrong with asking especially if there are many girls ouT there that want and need the business more than I do. The original post was about the 'meaning' of a message that I received...not whether it's wrong to negotiate or ask for a discount is ok or not.
Please, it was meant as a compliment. You are a pretty lady and from all I have seen, have a good head on your shoulders.

As a small business owner, I know that I draw more customers from responding in a kind way than a rude way. In my eyes, the ultimate compliment I have received was the customer who came in and said a friend had contacted me about doing work for her, but we were unable to come to an agreement on prices and services. However she was so impressed with how I handled the situation, and the fact that I did not charge her for the time spent deciding we could not work together, that she recommended me to a friend.

First impressions do count.

Oh, and by the way, Sam, kudos to you. This is an example of how a lady can do a threAD, get plenty of participation, and no one finds it objectionable or in the least way pushy like most of the ones posted in the COED forum. Originally Posted by tigercat
Thank you, Tigercat! I guess I have somewhat of a communication skill sometimes.
True story. Many years ago in another city, I often saw a young lady who gave erotic massage out of her apartment. She was a student at a university, and I was attending graduate school and worked. She didn't give F/S, but it had happened between us after many visits when she got turned on during the body to body massage and asked me if she could make love to me. I answered, literally, "Like, Duh, what do you think?" We made love and on future visits I had no expectations, and we usually concluded from then on with L1 or L2. Occasional lovemaking.

I had a tight month or two, and couldn't afford to hobby. Out of nowhere one Friday night, my friend the masseuse called me and asked where I'd been. I told her that funds were tight and that I had to scratch my massage budget for probably 3-4 months total. She understood and we continued to talk for a few minutes when she asked me "Would your budget cover a bottle of vodka and some take out Thai food?" Of course I could afford that, and she and I had a fantastic weekend of sex, getting drunk and watching movies, and exploring the city.

My point is that yes our encounters are business transactions but we need to remember that the transaction is physical. We also need to remember that we're dealing with the generally more sensitive gender. I've received lots of offers for off the clock fun and discounts and I'm not an Adonis by anyone's imagination, but these offers came from ladies who knew me already as a regular, respectful customer who as a general rule tipped well. As an aside, I'm also self-employed and I never give discounts to new customers, but I'll work at cost or sometimes even below cost for someone who's been good to me in the past.

Do I think people should get bent out of shape when people ask for discounts? If the person is rude or expects a discount, hell yes, but if they're polite and truly can't afford the product they want, it's just as easy to politely deal with them.

On a personal note, I want to bang Samantha so bad it hurts (but with my little hooey she won't feel a thing ). . .we both have busy schedules. .I'll gladly pay her fees.
True story. Many years ago in another city, I often saw a young lady who gave erotic massage out of her apartment. She was a student at a university, and I was attending graduate school and worked. She didn't give F/S, but it had happened between us after many visits when she got turned on during the body to body massage and asked me if she could make love to me. I answered, literally, "Like, Duh, what do you think?" We made love and on future visits I had no expectations, and we usually concluded from then on with L1 or L2. Occasional lovemaking.

I had a tight month or two, and couldn't afford to hobby. Out of nowhere one Friday night, my friend the masseuse called me and asked where I'd been. I told her that funds were tight and that I had to scratch my massage budget for probably 3-4 months total. She understood and we continued to talk for a few minutes when she asked me "Would your budget cover a bottle of vodka and some take out Thai food?" Of course I could afford that, and she and I had a fantastic weekend of sex, getting drunk and watching movies, and exploring the city.

My point is that yes our encounters are business transactions but we need to remember that the transaction is physical. We also need to remember that we're dealing with the generally more sensitive gender. I've received lots of offers for off the clock fun and discounts and I'm not an Adonis by anyone's imagination, but these offers came from ladies who knew me already as a regular, respectful customer who as a general rule tipped well. As an aside, I'm also self-employed and I never give discounts to new customers, but I'll work at cost or sometimes even below cost for someone who's been good to me in the past.

Do I think people should get bent out of shape when people ask for discounts? If the person is rude or expects a discount, hell yes, but if they're polite and truly can't afford the product they want, it's just as easy to politely deal with them.

On a personal note, I want to bang Samantha so bad it hurts (but with my little hooey she won't feel a thing ). . .we both have busy schedules. .I'll gladly pay her fees. Originally Posted by Squeegie

Awesome post
To say this is just a business transaction seems genuinely dishonest unless your expectation is that the provider will be curt, professional, and reasonably uncaring about anything except that you cum. I doubt that happens much.

And different providers do handle discounts differently. It kind of reminds me of beggars in Deep Ellum, where businesses try to tell people not to give them money - which encourages the beggars. But people keep doing it, and so the cycle continues. It's just a fact of life.
Or it could be that he's the one in "desperate financial situation" and he's jonesing, wishing, shopping, trolling (what ever you'd like to call it) for a beautiful Asian provider. It's the "just don't read it,change the channel, delete it" issue again. I haven't worked for over a year and I unfortunately have to be sure my hobby dollars are spent wisely. I don't think I have ever come right out and started a conversation by trying to negotiate a providers rates down. I am guilty and sorry, but I have insinuated that a slightly lower rate and or a little more time might make a difference. And I have been offered reduced rates more times than I have fished for them from providers in need for what every reason. I'm even one of those brilliant individuals that has paid for things in advance when the need really was dire. I'm yet to be repaid on any of those. And time wasting, if a hobbyist is wasting your time just don't give him any more. He might be lonely, wanting a pen pall, so what? He was polite in his fishing, politely tell him to go away I bet he does. Of course you could always just not respond. We're men, we're used to that. During a personal low, I was guilty of wasting a providers time. I flirted with her, made tentative appointments and when I sobered up had no recollection of any of it. She let me have it in the powder room, which was justified. When I figured out what I had done I apologized and made amends and now I don't waste her time and she doesn't complain about me. But one of those "shake down" websites stole the info from the powder room. Then outed some of my real life information on their web site. It comes down to if some one ask you for something you don't provide, don't waste your own time being pissed off. Just tell them politely "no" once or don't respond at all. If they're truly a physico get a mod, big brother, Guido involved what ever it takes to shut them down.
AND.... I'm not a cheapskate. I'm a temporarily under funded bon vivant. You discount wanting hobbyist and rate lowering providers all know what a "bon vivant" is right? DON'T GET PISSED OFF. I'm just f@#$ing with you. Delete me, ad me to your ignore list just don't waste your time reading my post.

On a personal note, I want to bang Samantha so bad it hurts (but with my little hooey she won't feel a thing ). . .we both have busy schedules. .I'll gladly pay her fees. Originally Posted by Squeegie
Squeegie,
Thanks for sharing your story! This is an awesome post. You are obviously a sensitive man and know how to treat a lady with respect. Thank you so much for responding to my post. :-)
Had a Provider negotiate with me once. She was $300/hr and wanted me to pay $200/hr. I felt cheap, used and poor...didn't see her.

For professionals that charge by the hour: lawyers, doctors, plumbers, electricians, etc...does anyone here try to negotiate with THEM? No? Why do it with Providers? Originally Posted by Prolongus
People negotiate with lawyers concerning their rates -- both contingent and hourly -- all the time. If a case is big enough, most contingent fee lawyers will cut their percentage a bit. On hourly work, many lawyers will cut the hourly rate if the amount of hours guaranteed is high enough.