Unfortunate PM

Boardman, I have never defended this provider. If I've led you to think that I have, please provide a link to the post that confused you. I can't. My bad!

What I know about her is that she's a very attractive woman who was planning to come to Houston, and now she's not. It's the latest example of how the lynch mob is screwing up Houston's reputation.
I still thinck that is up for debate.

Because it's funny to do it, apparently. Originally Posted by blowpop
Not necessarily funny, although it can be when they go full blown hooktard but if you thinck that is what I am doing in this case then you aren't reading my posts.
BP... I hold you in EXREMELY high regard, and truely appreciate you for a wealth of information for this board, but I disagree with you here... I honestly do not think that the "lynch mob" had anything to do with her no showing up here...... Look back at the posts in question... and I defy you to find the posts of her being "Attacked".... I cannot (obviously) speak to the PMs she recieved, but those should have been delt with by the powers that be..... either way, the "deplorable" people here in town could be EASILY avoided on her part if she was so booked...... and if she was so booked, then she would have KNOWN that the silent masses have shown themsleves as such......

So that is an agreement that it was in fact advertising? That is ALL anyone was saying in the first place! The difference is you did not get all offended this time around....... I am so confused by why this is! Again... when it works for you it is just fine.... when it is said not completely with you it does not work and is in fact an attack or harrassment?

Its like the kid in the movie Big Daddy.... every game is an "I win!"?

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
No love...not everything I've written on this board has been an advert.....hate to dissapoint....I can hardly see how writing my top 5 fav albums is advertising myself....I don't think you guys fully understand my personality. I'm very bubbly and outgoing, so what may come off as me trying advertise myself isn't true....In person I talk a lot, with clients I talk a lot, in D&T I argue a lot with WTF ( you know I love you!)...and it's not bc I'm making adverts, it's just because I'm being myself....simple as that, I am not a provider that needs to constantly self promote to get business...

Ok really gotta go now...
Oh right...I forgot, it's ok for you guys to say rude things about certain providers, but not anyone else.... Originally Posted by Valerie
Didn't u have to pack?

It does not matter the source or the circumstance - it should not happen.
proper said it best! Before I get called a WK for getting pissed off about that "white trash" comment, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it was made in the heat of the moment.

So, here's my proposal, Valerie..........

Surely, one who demands respect and common decency (to paraphrase all you claim to seek) is capable of recognizing when she has stooped to a level beneath that of which she complains?

I'll give you some time to reflect and make appropriate amends before my next post. Common decency will dictate if and when I am so compelled. Trusting the necessity to do so will not present itself, I remain.........

Respectfully yours, Originally Posted by TexasGator
So you would like me to lie and tell you what you want to hear, rather than telling what first popped in my mind when I read it?....Sorry, not gonna happen, I'm honest with my feelings, and just because I personally thought that, doesn't make it true, but it is all I've known, so I called it like I saw it.....The exact way all you boys did me when I first started posting....And I'm at a point now with you guys and all of your antics that I don't care what you think about me anymore...If you wanna keep on with a new thread everyday making fun of my accent, and my business, and your cat pics then have at it....I'm out.
Wow. Just getting caught up on this one. Had no idea all this drama was going on. And haven't read enough of the threads leading to this to quite understand. I was just looking forward to having drinks that Valerie had mentioned one evening with the group. And maybe even treat myself to Valerie for my birthday before heading to the cook-off on Thursday. Damn.
  • WTF
  • 02-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Oh right...I forgot, it's ok for you guys to say rude things about certain providers, but not anyone else.... Originally Posted by Valerie
No, it is not ok for anyone to call people white trash on the boards. IMHO

Now if you are just answering that others person namecalling, I say game on.

I do not know the history of WTF ya'll are talking about though. I'm just generally speaking, generally.

Not necessarily funny, although it can be when they go full blown hooktard but if you thinck that is what I am doing in this case then you aren't reading my posts. Originally Posted by boardman
BM, I don't have time to read all of your posts. You apparently live here.

If your message isn't getting through, perhaps it's time to improve your signal to noise ratio?
Can you read?? I mean have you even read this thread? Because if you have and you actually just posted that then.....wow...

I've already explained why I cancelled, had nothing to do with lack of business.

Perhaps....and when I began posting I cut up with some of the guys, but then things began to escalate, a certain person got banned, and I was blamed for it (indirectly of course)... Originally Posted by Valerie
If that's truly the case, it says a lot about you. You claim to be 70% pre-booked and you cancel on these pre-booked guys because OTHER guys harass you on the boards? You weren't pre-booked with the guys harassing you were you? As far as the "harassment" went yes, there was a group of guys a small group at that, that gave you some crap, but you stirred the pot and continued to provoke them. You're talking about maybe less than 1% of the male hobbiest in Houston. You continued to exchange jabs with them for a long time, it wasn't a one way street.

It's pretty crappy in my opinion for you to do this to the guys that pre-booked you. They didn't harass you, nor did 99% of the Houston hobbiest. I guess to me it's more understandable to say hey, I didn't get enough pre-books to justify coming, but I guess that's a little hard on the ego of a $400 girl. To say, yeah, i'm all booked up, but 3 guys harassed me everytime I exchanged posts with them, so I'm not coming sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Sorry BP, I'm sure there will be another English girl to come through here. But I really don't believe harassment was the reason. I do agree some guys could be a little more welcoming to traveling providers.
No love...not everything I've written on this board has been an advert.....hate to dissapoint....I can hardly see how writing my top 5 fav albums is advertising myself....I don't think you guys fully understand my personality. I'm very bubbly and outgoing, so what may come off as me trying advertise myself isn't true....In person I talk a lot, with clients I talk a lot, in D&T I argue a lot with WTF ( you know I love you!)...and it's not bc I'm making adverts, it's just because I'm being myself....simple as that, I am not a provider that needs to constantly self promote to get business...

Ok really gotta go now... Originally Posted by Valerie

I don't think anyone was saying that EVERYTHING you wrote was an ad.... far from it!! We appreciate the comments and input on the threads around here from a woman's perspective..... Please don't confuse what I was saying there, and I appologize if that is what it sounded like I was saying.......... All I was commenting on what those specific times your threads were called threADs..... again, I don't think that that is being rude, but rather that hobbyist stating what he precieved to be an observation....... Again... that being said, that is completely fine..... if you post threADs, then you do... BFD! You're right! You're not hurting anyone.... and if they don't like it they wont read it.... but they are allowed to call it as they see it too.... that's all this is all about IMHO.... and the fact that you allowed those small remarks turn you upside down is a bit off putting... and is also just an opening for them to allow you to push yourself further........

So you would like me to lie and tell you what you want to hear, rather than telling what first popped in my mind when I read it?....Sorry, not gonna happen, I'm honest with my feelings, and just because I personally thought that, doesn't make it true, but it is all I've known, so I called it like I saw it.....The exact way all you boys did me when I first started posting....And I'm at a point now with you guys and all of your antics that I don't care what you think about me anymore...If you wanna keep on with a new thread everyday making fun of my accent, and my business, and your cat pics then have at it....I'm out. Originally Posted by Valerie
Wow! You just don't understand at all then i suppose...... either that, or what is good for the goose, isn't good for the gander? So much about this statement that is just not right........ So again.... its ok for you to speak your mind and say what you want.... but not ok for others to do the same? Why is that? Who was making fun of your accent? (whoever doesn't think a brittish accent isn't sexy as fuck is just plain WRONG!!! because it is!!) And how do you think the cat pics have ANYTHING to do with you? I'm sorry to say, but the Cat pics have been around LOOOONG before you even thought about posting here....... I think you are truly missing an opportunity here and are looking at things in a very narrow minded fashion...... very disappointing if you want my opinion.... which you probably don't.... either way I'm sorry you have chosen to take things this way, because that is not in fact how things are here......

JaD
Couldn't have said it better myself KS.

If that's truly the case, it says a lot about you. You claim to be 70% pre-booked and you cancel on these pre-booked guys because OTHER guys harass you on the boards? You weren't pre-booked with the guys harassing you were you? As far as the "harassment" went yes, there was a group of guys a small group at that, that gave you some crap, but you stirred the pot and continued to provoke them. You're talking about maybe less than 1% of the male hobbiest in Houston. You continued to exchange jabs with them for a long time, it wasn't a one way street.

It's pretty crappy in my opinion for you to do this to the guys that pre-booked you. They didn't harass you, nor did 99% of the Houston hobbiest. I guess to me it's more understandable to say hey, I didn't get enough pre-books to justify coming, but I guess that a little hard on the ego of a $400 girl. To say, yeah, i'm all booked up, but 3 guys harassed me everytime I exchanged posts with them, so I'm not coming sounds pretty ridiculous to me.

Sorry BP, I'm sure there will be another English girl to come through here. But I really don't believe harassment was the reason. I do agree some guys could be a little more welcoming to traveling providers. Originally Posted by Killersalt
113 posts, 11.5% of her all her posts made since her join date November 12th of last year, have been made in the Houston forums since February 1st, when she first posted her "I'm thinking of coming to Houston" thread...with not a single post here before that announcement...

With that signature block...nope...not advertising much...
BM, I don't have time to read all of your posts. You apparently live here.

If your message isn't getting through, perhaps it's time to improve your signal to noise ratio? Originally Posted by blowpop

Nope, just set up shop.
Ironically enough it's a radio shop.
113 posts, 11.5% of her all her posts made since her join date November 12th of last year, have been made in the Houston forums since February 1st, when she first posted her "I'm thinking of coming to Houston" thread...with not a single post here before that announcement...

With that signature block...nope...not advertising much... Originally Posted by Wakeuр
Hey, Wait a minute........
Valerie isn't one of A1's provider handles is it? You know, I wouldn't put it past him to try and pull this off.

Oh shit......Sorry if I outed you bro.
Thancks. I got all the info I needed. I am done here.

JaD
WTF, just tell her I am an ashole......but, remember that you will owe me a visit at the Favor Bank........check your PM for the ROS