New CBO numbers: Obamacare will cost the US 2.5 million jobs

Hey WTFeckless, I am perfectly ok with letting workers choose to work less. No problem at all. I just don't want to have to PAY them to work less. The CBO estimates it will cost taxpayers an average of $5,510 a year to subsidize each Obamacare recipient who qualifies for a subsidy. The subsidy is available for households earning up to $94,700 (family of four). The reason the CBO expects so many people to reduce their work hours is so they can lower their income and collect the subsidy.

So tell me - if I voluntarily choose to work only 6 months a year instead of 12, are you (and CBJ7 and assup and timmyturd and dimdoove) ok with forking over $5,510 a year to subsidize my "better choice"? Originally Posted by lustylad
LLAD, you will be paying tax on your 6 months of work and you will contribute to your own subsidy. BTW, you just have part of the range. To qualify for an Obamacare policy, the range is income > $24,000 (family of 4 ) and less than $94,700(family of 4).

If your income is < $24,000 (family of 4) you only qualify for your state Medicaid.

Do you think there will be that many people out there that will intentionally stop working at $24,000 to get free Medicaid?

Yes, there will people who retire at 62 instead of at 65 when Medicare kicks in. They can get health insurance from the insurance exchange. They can also put in for their social security at age 62.
LLAD, you will be paying tax on your 6 months of work and you will contribute to your own subsidy. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Huh? What's your point? I will be working less, earning less, and paying less in taxes, in order to collect a big subsidy (from other taxpayers like yourself) that I would not qualify for working 12 months a year.

So tell me - are you ok with forking over my subsidy (averaging $5,510 a year) so that I can voluntarily enjoy 6 months a year of leisure time?
LexusLover has used that line of reasoning ... Originally Posted by WTF
Do you actually believe that if you keep saying shit someone will think it is so ....?
  • WTF
  • 02-08-2014, 05:53 PM
Do you actually believe that if you keep saying shit someone will think it is so ....? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Do you think you can cherry pick the CBO numbers without me pointing out the fallacy?
The BLS doesn't count parttime employment in the employment numbers. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Yeah, they do. BLS just reported total employment in Jan. was 145.2 million, of which 26.4 million was part-time.
Yeah, they do. BLS just reported total employment in Jan. was 145.2 million, of which 26.4 million was part-time. Originally Posted by lustylad
Nice to see some reasonable, well informed (fact based) posters joining the forum. It makes all the other insanity so much more amusing LOL

Huh? What's your point? I will be working less, earning less, and paying less in taxes, in order to collect a big subsidy (from other taxpayers like yourself) that I would not qualify for working 12 months a year.

So tell me - are you ok with forking over my subsidy (averaging $5,510 a year) so that I can voluntarily enjoy 6 months a year of leisure time? Originally Posted by lustylad
Are YOU OK living on 24k a year? I guess that would be a big raise for you, boyo.

Keep pressing the stupid button, dipshit. You'll eventually qualify.
Nice to see some reasonable, well informed (fact based) posters joining the forum. It makes all the other insanity so much more amusing LOL

Originally Posted by austxjr
Like IBJunior?
You speak the truth about that dreadful man. Originally Posted by BJerk
But Jesus loves me!

Are YOU OK living on 24k a year? I guess that would be a big raise for you, boyo.

Keep pressing the stupid button, dipshit. You'll eventually qualify. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

Far from being stupid, I'm just doing what the architects of Obamacare made it attractive for me to do. When my subsidy tapers off nearly as fast as my income goes up, what's the point in working as much?

Back on topic, assup - why don't you answer the question? Why don't you say you're totally cool with paying me a subsidy to work less? And why don't you admit that OBAMACARE IS A TWOFER for libtards like you - it's not just a fucking healthcare plan, it's a huge income redistribution program! Why be coy about it? Do you lack the courage of your libtard convictions? Stand up and be counted, boy.
Like IBJunior? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hey assup, you are a junior when it comes to wit, taste, intellect, and emotional maturity, among other things. The one category where you rank as senior is retarded posts on hooker boards.
Naw, Yinr was named IBJunior wees ago. You're well on your way to becoming ECCIE 's biggest asshole. Keep it up Junior.
You're well on your way to becoming ECCIE 's biggest asshole. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
How could anyone possibly displace you? Didn't you just win the 2014 DOTY (dipshit of the year) award? And before that didn't you earn a Dipshit Emeritus lifetime achievement award or somesuch? What was the vote - 38 to 6? I'd say you got a lock on that baby fer sher.
  • WTF
  • 02-09-2014, 05:03 AM
Far from being stupid, I'm just doing what the architects of Obamacare made it attractive for me to do. When my subsidy tapers off nearly as fast as my income goes up, what's the point in working as much?

Back on topic, assup - why don't you answer the question? Why don't you say you're totally cool with paying me a subsidy to work less? And why don't you admit that OBAMACARE IS A TWOFER for libtards like you - it's not just a fucking healthcare plan, it's a huge income redistribution program! Why be coy about it? Do you lack the courage of your libtard convictions? Stand up and be counted, boy. Originally Posted by lustylad
Every tax is a huge income redistribution program you dumb muther fucker. Jesus. You guys state the obvious and act as if you cured cancer.

Nobody making over 50k plus is going to decide to make only 20k because of government subsidy in health insurance....unless they are tired of sucking dick in the Pittsburg area. You tired of sucking dick lustladyboy?