Eccie 2010 or ASPD 2009

Had a bit of trouble with the power tripping on ASPD.

Eventually got the hell out of that catbox... stayed out of the poop for a couple of years, in fact, until the good shit lollypop sank.

Didn't miss it.

I like the way ECCIE is run. Old ASPD games may eventually sneak back in, but until they do, I'll hang out.
Well, I thought I would come in and vote; maybe read some responses. I don't know anyone on the Austin board but I do remember the ASPD Austin board. It was pretty much known as dog eat dog. Seems as if it may be better here on Eccie if you can shut this Snoop Dog character up. Nobody wants to see drama and rudeness. As far as I am concerned, it's a lack of discretion to give out someone's personal description on the site and that screams "get him outta here" in my head. If you don't like the membership Snoop, find another board! Geez!

ASPD was more of a woman's board and Eccie is more of a man's board. There is too much disrespect here and no demand to have some class.
Thought I would say something about "polite and civil" being a guideline or policy on a board.

When you're trying to foster an environment of open communication and honesty, the best thing you can do is to have least amount of rules possible. This has worked for ECCIE fairly well so far.

"Polite and civil" should be a guideline at best, not a rule or a policy. Rules and guidelines should be clearly definable, polite and civil are not. Because of this, it was used freely to selectively dish out sanctions at the whim of mods. If the rules are clearly defined, it makes it more difficult to abuse power.
Thought I would say something about "polite and civil" being a guideline or policy on a board.

When you're trying to foster an environment of open communication and honesty, the best thing you can do is to have least amount of rules possible. This has worked for ECCIE fairly well so far.

"Polite and civil" should be a guideline at best, not a rule or a policy. Rules and guidelines should be clearly definable, polite and civil are not. Because of this, it was used freely to selectively dish out sanctions at the whim of mods. If the rules are clearly defined, it makes it more difficult to abuse power. Originally Posted by Rand Al'Thor

Abuse of power by Mods here in Austin is a thing of the past.

We got a great crew!
I've got a question for the owners... inquiring minds would like to know. How do u pronounce eccie? Eeechee? Eckee? What is it?

But to answer the question at hand... I like eccies actual site better. More perks and benefits. But I like the way things used to be on Aspd back in the day. More fun and friendly!!!
I've got a question for the owners... inquiring minds would like to know. How do u pronounce eccie? Eeechee? Eckee? What is it?

But to answer the question at hand... I like eccies actual site better. More perks and benefits. But I like the way things used to be on Aspd back in the day. More fun and friendly!!! Originally Posted by MarleyMonroe
Not an owner but know the answer for the pronunciation.....

ECCIE= Eck eeeeeeeeeee

sixx
I enjoyed ASPD much better for one simple reason. Whispers wasn't there.

I contributed a great deal there. I don't here because they let people like Whispers rant on and on about endless, narcissistic bullshit that adds little to anything hobby related or interesting, unless you're into the life of Whispers, then you've got hours of reading..on a daily basis.

I contributed a great deal there. I don't here because. Originally Posted by FGarvin
There is an "Ignore Button" here to use, your right to use or not.....also you are welcome to contribute here as well, to help balance it out if you elect, if you don't contribute then the only person that you can blame is yourself....

It amazes me that (1) one person (Whispers) out of 57220 members as of 2011-01-04 at 7:00 PM CDT can affect you so much that you think a former site that was so slow at loading, that you had no idea if the site was going to be up and running from one day to the next, will steer you in such a negative thought towards a site that runs constantly, when it looks like it slows down the owners up the bandwidth, constant upgrades to the software, and freedom to speak with out having your hand slapped by some power ego moderator ... but.... but.... but... hey each to their own...

just saying............

I contributed a great deal there. I don't here because they let people like Whispers rant on and on about endless, narcissistic bullshit that adds little to anything hobby related or interesting, unless you're into the life of Whispers, then you've got hours of reading..on a daily basis. Originally Posted by FGarvin
There is an "Ignore Button" here to use, your right to use or not.....also you are welcome to contribute here as well, to help balance it out if you elect, if you don't contribute then the only person that you can blame is yourself....

It amazes me that (1) one person (Whispers) out of 57220 members as of 2011-01-04 at 7:00 PM CDT can affect you so much that you think a former site that was so slow at loading, that you had no idea if the site was going to be up and running from one day to the next, will steer you in such a negative thought towards a site that runs constantly, when it looks like it slows down the owners up the bandwidth, constant upgrades to the software, and freedom to speak with out having your hand slapped by some power ego moderator ... but.... but.... but... hey each to their own...

just saying............ Originally Posted by Woody of TX
Thank you Wood. Nailed it again.
Thank you Wood. Nailed it again. Originally Posted by Damon Bradley
+2 (One for me, one for my evil twin).
  • Booth
  • 01-04-2011, 10:18 PM
Eccie by a mile.

The problem with the "polite and civil" policy on the old board was the selective enforcement that allowed moderators to bully people they didn't like. One mod in particular was fond of posting political threads then getting into heated arguments with those who disagreed with him, often resulting in points for those unfortunate enough to think they could discuss politics with a moderator. The whole thing was very unkosher.

I contributed a great deal there. I don't here because they let people like Whispers rant on and on about endless, narcissistic bullshit that adds little to anything hobby related or interesting, unless you're into the life of Whispers, then you've got hours of reading..on a daily basis. Originally Posted by FGarvin
Oh yeah, because ASPD lacked people with ego who ranted on and on about narcissistic bullshit that adds little to anything hobby related or interesting. I think your memory is a bit selective in this case. Just because it's not the brand of narcissism you subscribe to, it seems you've taken on a crusade to abolish this board of this problem - I say this because of the few posts you've made, a great percentage of them seem to be related to Whispers. Other than that, you've made near zero contribution. Regardless of if you agree with him or not, I think it's fair to say he's made a greater contribution here than you have. As others have said, you don't have to read someone's posts, skip it, change the channel, turn the page. If your only contribution here is to trash one member, I would count your presence here pretty worthless.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming:

Eccie by a mile.

The problem with the "polite and civil" policy on the old board was the selective enforcement that allowed moderators to bully people they didn't like. One mod in particular was fond of posting political threads then getting into heated arguments with those who disagreed with him, often resulting in points for those unfortunate enough to think they could discuss politics with a moderator. The whole thing was very unkosher. Originally Posted by Booth
Nailed it. While I stayed mostly pointless because I could read between the lines enough to see what would get me in trouble, the outline of things that could get one in trouble there was...nebulous at best, a logical result of using ambiguous words like polite and civil in policy. When laws, rules, policy, or any governing body of words are not crystal clear, you open the door for people to take advantage of the ambiguity, and given enough time, there will be abuse.
Eccie by a mile.

The problem with the "polite and civil" policy on the old board was the selective enforcement that allowed moderators to bully people they didn't like. One mod in particular was fond of posting political threads then getting into heated arguments with those who disagreed with him, often resulting in points for those unfortunate enough to think they could discuss politics with a moderator. The whole thing was very unkosher. Originally Posted by Booth
NO SHER SHITLOCK!