Simone Biles Hero Worship

Have to agree. Ignorant comments.
We live in an age of participation ribbons where there are no "losers" so I guess it should be expected that when someone quits over a toothache that we hold them up in such esteem. No wonder we have lost our edge in just about every area of society. It does no good to over achieve as you will just have to give those below you praise and participation ribbons.
We live in an age of participation ribbons where there are no "losers" so I guess it should be expected that when someone quits over a toothache that we hold them up in such esteem. No wonder we have lost our edge in just about every area of society. It does no good to over achieve as you will just have to give those below you praise and participation ribbons. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Totally agree.
We live in an age of participation ribbons where there are no "losers" so I guess it should be expected that when someone quits over a toothache that we hold them up in such esteem. No wonder we have lost our edge in just about every area of society. It does no good to over achieve as you will just have to give those below you praise and participation ribbons. Originally Posted by CryptKicker
Terrible logic. Is a toothache the same as a broken ankle? Is danger of breaking your kneck the same as a toothache?

You show contemptible attitudes, and use one of the oldest forms of crooked thinking, that of the false analogy.

Look up a famous book 'straight and crooked thinking' by Thouless.

Coward.
To be clear, I seek excellence when possible, I have had famous music teachers who would make me play a single note for a month until it was perfect, so I know what mediocrity is, and I reject it.

But my teacher would not have forced me to play with broken fingers.
Terrible logic. Is a toothache the same as a broken ankle? Is danger of breaking your kneck the same as a toothache?

You show contemptible attitudes, and use one of the oldest forms of crooked thinking, that of the false analogy.

Look up a famous book 'straight and crooked thinking' by Thouless.

Coward. Originally Posted by essence
Please dont agitate the mod! Its not good to agitate him!

smdh
To be clear, I seek excellence when possible, I have had famous music teachers who would make me play a single note for a month until it was perfect, so I know what mediocrity is, and I reject it.

But my teacher would not have forced me to play with broken fingers. Originally Posted by essence

Sounds like you play the flute.
Heh…..or a rusty trombone…..
essence is just channeling his inner pxmcc.
I expose error wherever I find it.
Who is pmxcc?

A note to mods.

A toothache is not a broken ankle.

Participation ribbons are well deserved for endangering a broken kneck.

There is no need to jump on he bandwagon of your fellow travelers.

Encouraging gymnastics with a broken ankle is contemptible.

Y'all pussies, are you in fear of mods?
BTW, anybody who complains from their armchair about somebody not performing a quadruple back flip with 3.75 twists in the pike position on the beam, need to shift their ass and try it out at home.

Or go to the dentist to fix their toothache.