Who will be the GOP nominee in 2016?

Absolutely, rumor has it that there is a very successful Presidential Library in Arkansas that the Clinton's visit from time to time. Originally Posted by bigtex
Is that the last stop on the "Graceland Tour"?
Is that the last stop on the "Graceland Tour"? Originally Posted by LexusLover
Actually, the Graceland stop is the last segment of the Clinton Library Tour! By popular demand, the tour guides only make the drive to Graceland if they can get the tourists out of the Library's parking lot on schedule.

You know those Hillbilly's from Arkansas, they love Bubba! Especially the females!
It's kind of a strange irony that if the Republicans focus on nominating an "electable" candidate, they will lose for certain. If we have another President, it will be Hillary.
If we have another President Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
More "Yikes, The Sky is Falling", "Doom & Gloom" from our resident:

StupidOldLyingFart

Did it also bother you when in 1979, the Republicant Party decided to "rally around an almost 70 years old," Grandpa named Ronnie? Originally Posted by bigtex
We've had this conversation before. Reagan looked pretty good for a 69 year old.

Hillary does not. And she's not even 69 yet.

Like it of not, image matters in our world. Just look at all the pretty faces that read you the news. Ugly people could do that just as easily. But they don't. Abraham Lincoln would never make it through the primaries in our times.

It is also unfair to women. They get shunted aside faster than men when they age.

Having said that, I think the Dems will run a woman next time - it just won't be Hillary.

The Dems will want to have another "first" - and a woman (Hillary) made a good showing in 2008. So look for one of the Dem women governors.
We've had this conversation before. Reagan looked pretty good for a 69 year old.

Hillary does not. And she's not even 69 yet.

Like it of not, image matters in our world. Just look at all the pretty faces that read you the news. Ugly people could do that just as easily. But they don't. Abraham Lincoln would never make it through the primaries in our times.

It is also unfair to women. They get shunted aside faster than men when they age.

Having said that, I think the Dems will run a woman next time - it just won't be Hillary.

The Dems will want to have another "first" - and a woman (Hillary) made a good showing in 2008. So look for one of the Dem women governors. Originally Posted by ExNYer

I suspect there is not a "Democratic Woman" in this entire country who would take on Hillary, should she decide to make another run for the WH.
I suspect there is not a "Democratic Woman" in this entire country who would take on Hillary, should she decide to make another run for the WH. Originally Posted by bigtex

I wouldn't count out Democratic Congresswoman Frederica Wilson. She's got the best hat collection and she's sure to get out the clown vote.

she's sure to get out the clown vote. Originally Posted by joe bloe
Glad to see that Joe the Bloehard is finally willing to support a Democratic woman candidate! Are you going to bring along your fellow clowns, StupidOldLyingFart, Trendaway and I B Lying & Crying?You clowns could take turns bloeing each other, to and fro!
Glad to see that Joe the Bloehard is finally willing to support a Democratic woman candidate! Are you going to bring along your fellow clowns, StupidOldLyingFart, Trendaway and I B Lying & Crying?You clowns could take turns bloeing each other, to and fro! Originally Posted by bigtex

No, BigKoTex. The DNC is a Twelve-step support program just for Kool Aid sotted Dims like yourself, BigKoTex. But have no fear, BigKoTex, Joe the Clown will be there, and you can be his supporter . . . or his 'shocker' if he's already wearing a supporter!
I suspect there is not a "Democratic Woman" in this entire country who would take on Hillary, should she decide to make another run for the WH. Originally Posted by bigtex
Condi could give her a run for her money in an election. I think she could take the Repub nomination, if she got serious about it,

• Old-T
  • 02-24-2013, 05:45 PM
It's kind of a strange irony that if the Republicans focus on nominating an "electable" candidate, they will lose for certain. If we have another President, it will be Hillary. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I can't define "electable", but if the 2012 election didn't teach them that electability needs to be one part of the decision, then they truly have no hope. They will have relegated themselves to being the Thich Quang Duc of American politics.

As to Hillary, I really doubt we will see that. I suspect she knows that ship has sailed.
Condi could give her a run for her money in an election. I think she could take the Repub nomination, if she got serious about it, Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
No doubt, a Hillary/Condi race would be a Presidential campaign for the ages. Two former female SOS's battling it out for the Big Enchilada. I believe Condi is certainly on a (very) short list of Republicans who could possibly beat Hillary. I still believe Hillary beats her but it would be a fairly close race.

With all of that said, I do not believe Condi has any interest in running.
I haven't seen any indication she is even remotely interested in the job.
Too bad, it would be a LOT of fun to watch.
I haven't seen any indication she is even remotely interested in the job. Originally Posted by Chica Chaser
Can you blame her?
One new name being batted around is Dr. Ben Carson. Seems to have come into prominence lately.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/...k-hero/273240/

One thing for sure though, whoever the GOP decides on, if they wish to actually win, that person may have to do what Clinton did in 1992. Tell the extremist base to STFU. Originally Posted by chefnerd
I like him. Unfortunately though he probably wouldn't get nominated cause he's to fucking intelligent. Plus he appears to be honest and sincere.Which seem to be bad qualities for a presidential candidate to have these days.