crude oil at lowest price since August

... Blimey! ... Reckon it's down 4c. ...

### Salty
Is that why Bitten is draining down the STRATEGIC RESERVES?

Hopefully there will be enough votes next year in Congress to quickly shut that ignorant shit down and open up some production to take care of this country's needs, replenish the drain, and ship some overseas to help our friends out of dependence on war criminals and royalty.
Today, 03:12 PM
This message is hidden because bb1961 is on your ignore list.

Today, 03:18 PM

Today, 04:00 PM

Looks like someone's talking to himself.

At least he didn't call out another poster by name, did he?

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Is there a reason why you believe that anyone gives AF whose posts you don’t/can’t read?
  • WTF
  • 04-01-2022, 07:58 PM
... So what you're saying is - that when America (under Trump)
was pumping its own oil - pipelines flowing - to be energy
independent - that DID NOT cause oil prices to drop here?

And when America (under Biden) surely decided to STOP drillings
and close the pipelines - THAT didn't cause prices to rise?

Just wanna make sure I understand yer rather baffling premice.

#### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Does anyone now understand why I started those threads about the meaning of energy independence?
Does anyone now understand why I started those threads about the meaning of energy independence? Originally Posted by WTF

No.
Nope. ... I haven't the faintest idea.

### Salty
the strategic oil reserve is a waste of money.

you're better off declaring some off shore oil deposits oil reserve.
The strategic oil reserve is for the military and essential industries (sorry Amazon). In the event of war, we can't take the time to pump more readily available oil from the ground (if the President lets them). Reducing the SOR is an attack on military readiness. Imagine buying "survival food" at a premium price and eating it all at a SuperBowl Party. What was the point?
Plus, back in 2018 Trump wanted to top off the oil reserve when the price of oil was $24 a barrel and Schumer was bragging about how he stopped Trump from doing it. There's another one for the wall.
  • WTF
  • 04-02-2022, 06:41 AM
No. Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Nope. ... I haven't the faintest idea.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
You two not understanding is not suprising!
YOUR PRESIDENT:

Paraphrase:
"Quit buying gasoline and save $500 a month on your electric bill!"
... Blimey! ... Reckon it's down 4c. ...

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Talking about oh2? That's another million threads
The strategic oil reserve is for the military and essential industries (sorry Amazon). In the event of war, we can't take the time to pump more readily available oil from the ground (if the President lets them). Reducing the SOR is an attack on military readiness. Imagine buying "survival food" at a premium price and eating it all at a SuperBowl Party. What was the point?
Plus, back in 2018 Trump wanted to top off the oil reserve when the price of oil was $24 a barrel and Schumer was bragging about how he stopped Trump from doing it. There's another one for the wall. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I agree it should be left alone.

But it's nice to have a quick look a end-of-days for those who rely on oil. Need to burn that shit up ASAP!
Plus, back in 2018 Trump wanted to top off the oil reserve when the price of oil was $24 a barrel and Schumer was bragging about how he stopped Trump from doing it. There's another one for the wall. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Good assessment. It's been tapped for civilian shortages too often and should be topped off after any depletion. Are you sure Trump didn't behind Schumer's back? If "Schumer" stopped Trump from replenishing the "Strategic Reserve," he couldn't block an increase of private reserves, which exceed the "Strategic Reserves." Trump facilitated private stuff and encouraged private solutions to avoid the dumbass log jams by the AntiAmerican/AntiTrumpers. It's better for government to stay out.
  • Tiny
  • 04-03-2022, 07:56 AM
Tiny and lustylad should take note.

This company has already invested in plants and export NGL terminals. Originally Posted by WTF
I took note of this thread. Crude oil prices plummeted because of President Biden. Haha. It's interesting you bumped the thread, since you're on Vitaman's and Biden's side on this issue.

I've never bought a publicly traded partnership, partly because I didn't want to jack with the tax compliance. What happens when you sell this? How do you calculate recapture of depreciation?

Or are you planning to never sell? I guess that would be ideal from a tax perspective. With the depreciation deductions maybe you don't have to pay much tax, and when you pass way and leave your shares to WTF Junior, he has a stepped up basis and can sell and pay no tax. The downside is you could buy a butt load of high dollar hottie poontang with the cash from selling those Enterprise shares.
this ties into another thread regarding BEVs.

some experts are saying there will be an oil glut by 2026-2030 when BEV sales surpass ICE sales.