For my fellow Libertarian, Tiny

• Tiny
  • 02-10-2021, 02:54 PM
Back to the point of this thread, the one that WTF dedicated to ME.

WTF, You might want to find a good Russian pipeline company to replace EPD in your portfolio. Transneft, which sells on 7 times earnings with an 8% dividend yield, might be an obvious choice. Because it looks like the Russians and the Saudis will be the big winner from Biden's green push:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...n-s-green-push

The following was written about the Keystone Pipeline, but applies equally well to many, many more jobs that Biden and other Democrats would like to kill in the American oil patch:

On Tuesday West Virginia Sen. Joe Manchin wrote Mr. Biden asking him “to reconsider” his executive order. Mr. Manchin, who introduced the first Keystone XL bill in 2012, noted that “pipelines continue to be the safest mode to transport our oil and natural gas resources and they support thousands of high-paying, American union jobs.”

Mr. Manchin’s call echoed remarks by Richard Trumka. In a recent interview with “Axios on HBO,” the president of the AFL-CIO criticized Mr. Biden’s decision and said the Laborers’ International Union of North America was right to say it would cost 1,000 existing union jobs and 10,000 projected construction jobs.

The union chief was also skeptical about the “green jobs” that Mr. Biden keeps saying will replace them: “You know, when they laid off at the mines back in Pennsylvania, they told us they were going to train us to be computer programmers.” Readers may recall that John Kerry, Mr. Biden’s climate envoy, recently said workers who lose jobs in fossil fuels will be able to make solar panels. Sure, if they move to China, where most solar panels are made.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-cos...ts_pos1&page=1

Now that just takes the cake doesn't it. A Democratic Senator blasting Biden. Actually Manchin is being pretty tame. If West Virginia had a lot of federal lands, like Wyoming, he'd be livid. And to boot, you have Axios interviewing the head of the AFL CIO, who's blasting Biden on this issue too. It looks like at least some small part of the Democratic Party and related parties is sane and looking to prevent what Biden and the progressives want to rip asunder.

Kerry's comment about solar panels is hilarious given that he's Climate Czar. What's he going to do, create another 100 Solyndras?
  • WTF
  • 02-10-2021, 04:06 PM
I got EPD paying over 9%....

Fuck them Russians...they'll screw ya coming and going. They better worry about Qatar. And EPD has some big contracts with China....and we know how Biden likes him some Chinese food!
  • Tiny
  • 02-10-2021, 04:29 PM
I got EPD paying over 9%....

Fuck them Russians...they'll screw ya coming and going. They better worry about Qatar. And EPD has some big contracts with China....and we know how Biden likes him some Chinese food! Originally Posted by WTF
Transneft transports oil. Qatar produces gas.

Vladimir Putin owns 97% of the company. Or the Russian Federation does, same thing. You can't go wrong with a bet on Putin.
  • WTF
  • 02-11-2021, 08:44 AM
Very revealing of your true self! And a very insensitive post! A vacation would do you some good bub. Originally Posted by winn dixie
Sounds like I'm vacationing in your head mate.