Why don't you participate in Co-Ed discussions?

Friendliness and helpfulness are reciprocal concepts. Originally Posted by Ebony Jasmine Love Austin
So is oral sex unless one persons paying.
I don't post here because of the combination of three factors:
1) Low signal-to-noise ratio
2) Uninteresting topics
3) Bullshit high-school drama.

When I post, it takes time. I read the topic and make sure that I understand the flow of the thread, and that I have something valuable to add. Then I type my post, proof-read it, and then post it. It takes at least 20 minutes; reading this thread took longer. Since my time is valuable, I don't do many posts.

But even when I have the time and inclination, I run into 1), the low SNR. There's aren't many topics with any meat to them, and even when the subject line is promising the content often fails.

2), interesting topics, is a matter of personal preference. I'd be a lot more likely to discuss the differences between men and women, how hobbyists and providers can help kill the sex trafficking hysteria, or the economic implications of setting rates, LE persecution, season variations, regulars, etc.

3) is the buzzkill for me. Discussions of who is craziest were all the rage in high school, but it was BS then and the passage of 4 decades hasn't improved the stink.

I'll go back to occasional lurking. The truth is this forum exists in a highly competitive environment. There are many places where thoughtful discussion on topics that require a bit of thought are not only possible, but common. People like me are a lot more likely to spend time where there is some hope of reward for putting time and thought into a post, as opposed to the near certainty of being lost in adolescent antics, or worse.