Providers: What would you do if a client bought you a ROLEX / Hobbiests would you buy your ATF a ROLEX

Ouch! Why you gotta pick on us old guys that still wear watches!! Wearing a watch has to be better than the 60 year old guy who still wears the Mr. T starter kit necklace set and wears his shirt so you can see it!!! LOL Originally Posted by Spacemtn
Agreed. I'm still in the late 20's but I am still wearing my watch. It is more reliable than my iPhone. Not to disrespect anyone here, but wrist watch is THE man's only jewelry. So having a Rolex, a Tag Heuer or a Mont Blanc is a great thing. IMHO.

Also, every time I interview a young engineer, I always observe whether or not he or she wears a watch. If he wears one, my respect to him grows, especially the current generation. It's not a requirement or main decision maker but when I have 2 almost identical potential candidates, that simple watch thing could be a decisive factor. Apparently, my boss and colleagues do the same thing.

Peace
Hey REB, good to hear from you. You've been silent for a while. Originally Posted by nuglet
well this old dawg is just tired....dont have much to say anymore.. seems like most of the threads are complaining about this or that or a NCNS, or just to much DRAMA....

REB may just fade away into the sunset...
Just to be clear, if I were a MAN I would wear a watch as it would be the only jewelry I could get away with. Reread my response. If I was an older business man with a lot of money it would be in my best iterest to impress business associates and I might even wear a Rolex. It could even pay for itself by giving off the vibe of success that is so essential in the business world.

Being a 30 year old woman with a fashion addiction, I'll stick with other sorts of stylish accessories and tell time with my phone.

And for those of you who are male, I encourage you to continue to express your individual style with one of the few options our culture allows, the watch.
i have worn a tag heuer for 10 yrs now....just waiting for my endorsement check since they dropper tiger......im following sophia's advice
i have worn a tag heuer for 10 yrs now....just waiting for my endorsement check since they dropper tiger......im following sophia's advice Originally Posted by cgrman
I am also very fashionable, and still wear my Neon Pop Swatch Watch since the early 80s. I find it has helped me to excel in business, and when women see it; instant snail trial.
i have worn a tag heuer for 10 yrs now....just waiting for my endorsement check since they dropper tiger......im following sophia's advice Originally Posted by cgrman

Damn cgrman let me know when you get that residual check from Tag Heuer as I have been wearing one as my everday watch for the past few years. I will admit that I am somewhat of a watch snob and do own a couple of Rolex watches that I only wear on special occasions. And Prankster it was nice to see that someone of your age group appreciates things like you do. I just never could get into the Mont Blanc thing though.
Just to be clear, if I were a MAN I would wear a watch as it would be the only jewelry I could get away with. Reread my response. If I was an older business man with a lot of money it would be in my best iterest to impress business associates and I might even wear a Rolex. It could even pay for itself by giving off the vibe of success that is so essential in the business world.

Being a 30 year old woman with a fashion addiction, I'll stick with other sorts of stylish accessories and tell time with my phone.

And for those of you who are male, I encourage you to continue to express your individual style with one of the few options our culture allows, the watch. Originally Posted by Sensual Sophia
Whoops! I didn't mean to make myself like an ass.

I was just trying to give my opinion about the general view of younger people didn't wear watches anymore. Cause I wear one everyday and most of my colleagues wear watches.

Also, it's not about showing that you wear a watch. The general view of people wearing watches is that they are well organized. It's not necessarily true but it's the only way to get an idea on someone that I interview.

Damn cgrman let me know when you get that residual check from Tag Heuer as I have been wearing one as my everday watch for the past few years. I will admit that I am somewhat of a watch snob and do own a couple of Rolex watches that I only wear on special occasions. And Prankster it was nice to see that someone of your age group appreciates things like you do. I just never could get into the Mont Blanc thing though. Originally Posted by OneHotMale
I don't like Mont Blanc either. I was just giving examples. LOL. Only got a nice Tag Heuer but don't wear it to work. Only for special occasion.
Whoops! I didn't mean to make myself like an ass.

I was just trying to give my opinion about the general view of younger people didn't wear watches anymore. Cause I wear one everyday and most of my colleagues wear watches.

Also, it's not about showing that you wear a watch. The general view of people wearing watches is that they are well organized. It's not necessarily true but it's the only way to get an idea on someone that I interview.

I don't like Mont Blanc either. I was just giving examples. LOL. Only got a nice Tag Heuer but don't wear it to work. Only for special occasion. Originally Posted by prankster

Well give it a few years and you will move up to the Rolex for special occasions.