SAY A PRAYER....for surcher!

hang in there and a speedy recovery.
Godspeed, old friend, godspeed. Originally Posted by BatteriesNotIncluded
BNI! surely this too is a good omen, lets all keep pulling for Surcher.
I and a close encounter of the deer kind in December. Honda - 1, Bambi - 0. Originally Posted by Fancyinheels

Oh deer.
I was supposed to go visit him today but had a wee bit of car trouble. As soon as the %$#@*&^%# thing is fixed I'll go, maybe later tonight if I can get a ride from a friend, and report back.

No, before the wise cracks start I don't have a Toyota. It's a Honda with 159,000 miles on it and a close encounter of the deer kind in December. Honda - 1, Bambi - 0.
Originally Posted by Fancyinheels
Sounds like it's now 1-1 & heading for the penalty shootout...

Sorry for the hockey reference. My boyz just won their 13th straight this evening & I'm feeling a tad exuberant.

Rock the Red! Let's go Caps!

Ok... enough of my foolishness....

Keeping a good thought for Senor Surcher! Get well & get back in the game soon!!!
Time to up the ante.

Boobs For Surcher!

Ladies, I KNOW that he'd appreciate this. Please post your boob pics for our ailing friend.

You're still in our thoughts and prayers, surcher, my good man.
Time to up the ante.

Boobs For Surcher!

Ladies, I KNOW that he'd appreciate this. Please post your boob pics for our ailing friend.

You're still in our thoughts and prayers, surcher, my good man.
Originally Posted by SofaKingFun
I want to cosign the "Boobs for Surcher!" concept.

I'll pop my top for Surcher. Here ya go:
Went to visit Surcher this afternoon about 3 p.m., took him a Superbowl balloon this time. I think that I JUST missed his cousin, as there was a man in the elevator with his family who bore a very striking resemblance. Nobody else was there. I believe that some of his family had to return to Louisiana for their own health reasons.

Talked to the nurse, and Surcher's blood pressure has improved. and he has no fever. He is very uncomfortable with the breathing tube and wants it OUT. (Gosh knows I wouldn't want THAT in my mouth. So many better things to put in there.) He's pretty heavily sedated. That man is tough - they have him on the max dose they can safely give him, and he is still just dozing fitfully. Occasionally they have to restrain him to keep him from pulling the tube out, but believe it or not, that's a GOOD thing , 'cause it means he's gaining some strength. He could barely raise his hands a couple days ago. Unfortunately, there is no word yet on when he's coming off the vent. They are piping in nutrients and hydrating him by IV, as he cannot eat or drink with the tube. He has a long, rocky road to recovery yet.

He tried to talk to me, moving his lips around the tube, but alas, I just couldn't make out what he was saying. All I could do was stoke his brow with latex-shrouded hands (they made me gown and glove up again, but no mask or cap, which is good) and tell him how many people care and are pulling for him, and that I would pull something when he got out. 'Tis very hard for me to see him this way. (The only time I want to see a fellow flat on his back and unable to move is after he's had a session with ME.)

If he can handle it, they may lighten his sedation so he can watch the football game tomorrow. I told him I'd wear my polar parka when next I visited if his beloved Saints won, as Hell will have frozen over. That got a weak nod. He seemed to slip away again, and I left. I'll stop by again Monday on my way to an overnight out-of-town, so it'll be Tuesday before I can post another update.
Thank you Fancy for the update. Get better soon. God bless.
Oh Lady,,, thank you for looking in on our friend... I started a boobage thread for him,,, hopefully ladies and gents will add to it..
Thanks for that message about Surcher's situation, Fancy.

And thanks for that . . . ahemm, Vista of the rockies.
Thanks so much Fancy, for supporting Surcher with balloons, boobs and a beautiful smile.
  • MLisa
  • 02-07-2010, 01:59 AM
Safe travels Fancy and Thank you for keeping us updated to Surcher's progress. I certainly hope he is able to watch the game. Perhaps someone here can tivo it for him just in case. I know not as good as watching it as it happens but I imagine he would greatly appreciate it.
Morning prayers for brother Surcher

Oh Lord! Those monsters would put anybody in the hospital.

Prayer sent to the big man upstairs.