Breaking news! 58% of Americans think that Obama is incompetent

I wouldn't use the 6 Day War as the example. Israel launched preemptive strikes after Egypt mobilized it's troops. And it was "only" against 3 countries. They had plenty of arms from the US. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
You talking about the late 60's?
:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
I wouldn't use the 6 Day War as the example. Israel launched preemptive strikes after Egypt mobilized it's troops. And it was "only" against 3 countries. They had plenty of arms from the US.
You talking about the late 60's?

You might want to "fact check" your statement as to:

1. # of Arab countries (mostly French, and they "confiscated")

The Israelis had a knack for "re-tooling" and maximizing the "bang for the buck" and at that time had probably the best ground support pilots in the world, who were experts in conserving ordinance, with several pilots for each one of their limited aircraft.

The cross-trained tank crews to drive units from different countries and be able to effectively use them ... and actually carried extra crews on the backs of tanks to "man" abandoned units left by fleeing Arabs.

The Israelis were out numbered in every category...personnel, tanks, and aircraft roughly 6 to 1.

2. U.S. weapons. (SAMS and intelligence).

LBJ was ramping up S.E. Asia. The Middle East was not of primary interest and was incidental. There was a "presence" but mostly information and training.... in some instances both sides!

As for "pre-emptive strikes" ... when one is against six who are threatening imminently serious bodily injury, if not death, then a "pre-emptive strike" is a pretty good strategy to maximize the opportunity for success in neutralizing the opposition.
Breitbart dug that up but he wasn't a birther.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama...rs/booklet.asp Originally Posted by lustylad
Yes. Breitbart made that distinction: and correctly so. Yet it shows Odumbo's willingness to lie when it serves his purpose to do so and it shows his arrogance when he laughs at those who believed him when he claimed he was born in Kenya.

RE: the current thread drift. The Israelis have a right to a state under the time honored doctrine of "right of conquest". According to that same doctrine, Israel has a "right to exist" as long as they can defend that "right".

BTW, "Palestinians" did not exist as a people until Israel was created. Arab refugees -- primarily Arabs who were stateless nomads -- at that time wanted to relocate to Jordan, Syria, etc., but Arabs -- especially King Abdullah I of Jordan -- forced them into camps and used them as political pawns.

That's interesting. But this clip below, I don't know if Obama is on the level or just trying to be sarcastic or what, but he's talking to a group of people and telling them he was born in Kenya.

Jim

http://youtu.be/edyJ4oS8kz0 Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Odumbo is laughing at people who had the *audacity* to believe what he himself had claimed ... when it suited his purpose.
This is confusing.....and contradicting. Originally Posted by Whirlaway
It's must he a full moon dare I say I agree with whirlawsy it was indeed a very contradictory statement. I am still waiting for someone to tell me why the Jews can't have one piece of land that they can call home ? Jews were established way before Muslims it's God's will that Jews maintain Israel and by the looks of it I don't think it will change any time soon - I think the reason why Jews tend to be very successful is because they have a race and religion to preserve and whether you like it or not they are God's chosen people. Jesus was a Jew he followed all Jewish customs - I have no problems with Palestinians becoming law abiding citizens of Israel but the land belongs to the Jews .
I think the reason why Jews tend to be very successful is because they have a race and religion to preserve and whether you like it or not they are God's chosen people. Jesus was a Jew he followed all Jewish customs - I have no problems with Palestinians becoming law abiding citizens of Israel but the land belongs to the Jews . Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Israel is recognized as a State, and Israel has not opposed a separate place for the Palestinians to live, and they have been allowed to work in Israel and therefore benefit from the productivity ongoing in Israel .. as well as other benefits, such as medical care, etc.

The Israelis took a piece of shit land and made a decent place to live, be productive, and survive in a decent environment. It makes the Arab leaders around them look bad.. because they can't (or won't) turn their own property into a nice place live. It's not really jealousy or envy .... it is simply living beside someone on basically the same quality of land and one makes something of it and the other one doesn't .... it creates friction ... rather than concentrate on improving their own land, they would rather crap up the Israelis.

Kids do that when someone they know gets a new toy. They destroy it.

I believe HAMAS doesn't give a shit about the Palestinians.
Of course Israel has a right to defend herself. That's different from having a right to exist. What if they are conquered? Would the winner have to give the land back? That's what a right to exist means. And who the hell gave the UN the right to force the inhabitants of certain land to move in order to give the land to others? Think that can happen without a lot of financial clout? You're dreaming. And what authority does the Bible have? We don't even know who wrote it, and if you insist on using it as an authority, you better be prepared to accept all of it. Really? Are you sure you want to do that?

I believe the Bible exists. I do not believe it is the entire word of God. I do not believe that all communication from the Divine ended when the Bible was compiled by a Roman government committee. In fact, much of it is BS.

I certainly do not believe it is authoritative when it comes to property rights. Think about it. Could any notion be more stupid? Yes, in the OT, "god" gave the land to the Israelites, after this "Loving God" told them to kill everyone living there. Then this "god" booted them when they failed to toe the party line. Nice guy, huh?

Much, not all, but much of the world's trouble arises because one group thinks they have the only "true" god, and want to force his (her? Its?) will on others. Grow up, people! Believing in one god over all others is supreme ignorance. We all want the same things. It's when we want to exert control over others these archaic notions of "One True God" arise. Let's get rid of these stupid notions of racial and religious superiority, and find out how much more peaceful the world can be. Imagine.
Being a hopeful agnostic I don't take the Bible literally but as a history major I know that many parts of the Bible have been confirmed by science. No, I'm not talking about rivers of blood (but some rivers do turn red today) or flaming hailstones. I'm talking about the movement of people 3,000 years ago
Of course Israel has a right to defend herself. That's different from having a right to exist. What if they are conquered? Would the winner have to give the land back? That's what a right to exist means. And who the hell gave the UN the right to force the inhabitants of certain land to move in order to give the land to others? Think that can happen without a lot of financial clout? You're dreaming. And what authority does the Bible have? We don't even know who wrote it, and if you insist on using it as an authority, you better be prepared to accept all of it. Really? Are you sure you want to do that?

I believe the Bible exists. I do not believe it is the entire word of God. I do not believe that all communication from the Divine ended when the Bible was compiled by a Roman government committee. In fact, much of it is BS.

I certainly do not believe it is authoritative when it comes to property rights. Think about it. Could any notion be more stupid? Yes, in the OT, "god" gave the land to the Israelites, after this "Loving God" told them to kill everyone living there. Then this "god" booted them when they failed to toe the party line. Nice guy, huh?

Much, not all, but much of the world's trouble arises because one group thinks they have the only "true" god, and want to force his (her? Its?) will on others. Grow up, people! Believing in one god over all others is supreme ignorance. We all want the same things. It's when we want to exert control over others these archaic notions of "One True God" arise. Let's get rid of these stupid notions of racial and religious superiority, and find out how much more peaceful the world can be. Imagine. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
If a supreme God does exist, pretty much everything he says is by definition correct. You not understanding it is not Him being wrong.

Wikipedia:

The conception of God in Judaism is strictly monotheistic. God is an absolute one, indivisible and incomparable being who is the ultimate cause of all existence. Jewish tradition teaches that the true aspect of God is incomprehensible and unknowable, and that it is only God's revealed aspect that brought the universe into existence, and interacts with mankind and the world. In Judaism, the one God of Israel is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is the guide of the world, delivered Israel from slavery in Egypt, and gave them the 613 Mitzvot at Mount Sinai as described in the Torah.
Do nation states have a right to exist?

Or course they do........Thomas Paine, Walter Scott and many others have asserted as much....but there are those on the left (notably Noam Chomsky) who think otherwise.

It is absurd to say a nation state's right to defend itself exists but the right to exist does not. And if a country is conquered; it's right to exist isn't wiped out ! The Baltic States (Estonia, Lithuania, Latvia) can attest to 50 years of surviving to re-emerge free and sovereign. Thank god, the western free world didn't abandon their aspirations to assert their right to exist.
I wonder what 58 percent thought about re-electing Bush? Or, did they actually re-elect him. I heard the voting machines (red ones owned by Mitt Romney) were rigged to swtich votes from democrat to republican. By the way, a nice lady in Washington who couldn't believe the final vote, actually proved it in a documentary!

You say documentaries are not fact-based; yet, can you prove that Fox News is fact based?
I wonder what 58 percent thought about re-electing Bush? Or, did they actually re-elect him. I heard the voting machines (red ones owned by Mitt Romney) were rigged to swtich votes from democrat to republican. By the way, a nice lady in Washington who couldn't believe the final vote, actually proved it in a documentary!

You say documentaries are not fact-based; yet, can you prove that Fox News is fact based? Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie

Taint-up or shut-up...
If a supreme God does exist, pretty much everything he says is by definition correct. You not understanding it is not Him being wrong.

Wikipedia:

The conception of God in Judaism is strictly monotheistic. God is an absolute one, indivisible and incomparable being who is the ultimate cause of all existence. Jewish tradition teaches that the true aspect of God is incomprehensible and unknowable, and that it is only God's revealed aspect that brought the universe into existence, and interacts with mankind and the world. In Judaism, the one God of Israel is the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who is the guide of the world, delivered Israel from slavery in Egypt, and gave them the 613 Mitzvot at Mount Sinai as described in the Torah. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
But what if the one true god is Allah? Or Krishna? Or Thor? Or Chuck Norris?

You're proving my point that the argument over which "god" is best is a basis for violence.

If the one true god is the god of the Jews, do you make menstruating women sleep outside of town? Do you stone homosexuals or disobedient children? Or do you simply pick and which parts you will believe and obey, and ignore the parts that you don't like?

You're proving to be a hypocrite, JL. Your god tells people to kill children. Excuse me if I don't take him seriously.

You say documentaries are not fact-based; yet, can you prove that Fox News is fact based? Originally Posted by HoustonMilfDebbie
And more dead democrats vote than dead republicans. Bush was a poor president but so is Obama but both managed to get re-elected.

You like to criticize Fox News. That's fine. They're flawed but so are the other "left leaning" news networks. I hope you don't think MSNBC and CNN are completely trustworthy in their presentation of the news. The mainstream news media in this country is lacking across the board. If you rely on them for all your news info you won't know half of what's going on.
Thanks for the news links posted. I respect everyone's opinion and 2 cents put in.

The fact of the matter is the UNITED STATES is falling apart and it's now become a divided country far beyond hope of it regaining its true being of what it all was founded upon!
Thanks for the news links posted. I respect everyone's opinion and 2 cents put in.

The fact of the matter is the UNITED STATES is falling apart and it's now become a divided country far beyond hope of it regaining its true being of what it all was founded upon! Originally Posted by Algeria_Lace
I completely agree - and I like your avatar!!!