Ok I'm thinking of Houston...

Actually, most of the board personas come off as being rude here in Houston. Only the strong survive. You seem to be holding your own quite well. Like JaD said, don't take it personally. Boardman and Wakeup attempted to taunt me when I first joined. I didn't allow them to intimidate me and now, well, if nothing else, they kind of tolerate me, lol.

By the way, you're very beautiful. You'll do great here in our town. Originally Posted by UnderCoverDiva

My littermama,
I find myself tolerating you more and more each day.
LOL, I'm not sad at all babes! Originally Posted by Valerie
Not you, love, me! I like to see my adopted "home town" put it's best foot forward. I like a great British accent. Just hoping to a play a VERY small part towards being an international ambassador of the "hook up"

Of course, there is a school of thought that says this IS H-town's best foot forward...so enjoy the ride!

Just because I may write a bit of a blunt post doesn't mean I'm angry, I'm just quite straight-forward.... Originally Posted by Valerie
Again, gotcha! Nothing wrong with blunt, babes! Just asking for (hoping for?) a bit of that Brit cheeky wit & a smile. Humour hath charms that doth soothe the savage H-town beast...well, the less psychotic ones anyway...

The ladies have been absolutely brilliant in their advice on here and via PM's- So thank you ladies!

And 98.46753% of the guys have been lovely as well ....Still very much looking forward to my trip! Originally Posted by Valerie
Glad to hear it! Have a great time! If you dig it...and us...come on back...
I prefer not to take my grievances via the PM route. I like them right out here in the open where everyone can see. But that's just me. Originally Posted by boardman

My brother BM....

I think it's best that you two get a room at the Private Message Hotel if yall want to discuss anything further.

I hear it's 5 star quality, just sayin'
Crack a smile...hold your own...and as for boardman...take a page out of your sport. Tell 'em he only sings when he's winning...

You'll be fine.. Originally Posted by Sisyphus

But, but, but I can't carry a tune. You've heard me wail from the dumpster fence.
My littermama,
I find myself tolerating you more and more each day. Originally Posted by boardman
I know; I kind of start growing on people with all my craziness (ok, sometimes). I hope the ice & snow have melted off the highways by 11 am tomorrow, because, I might have a surprise for you, Big Cat Daddy!!
Suffice it to say that given the fact that you knew there might be some outspoken assholes in Houston and that You admittidly post ThreADs in Co-ed 3-4 weeks prior to visiting a particular city it may have been wise to do a little bit of research and be a little more prepared for the backlash that might occur. Originally Posted by boardman
I'm sorry but this just made me giggle a bit.....So basically you are advising me to "do more research" before I post a thread?.. Now I could understand if I was going to post something controversial, but this thread is me asking a few innocent & simple questions...I think it's a bit mad to think one should have to do research prior to posting a "Thinking about Houston" thread...

You speak of backlash and once again I can't understand how this type of thread could anger someone?...The only reasonable explanation I can come up with for someone to be completely rude without being provoked is if you're just a sadistic person...

I appreciate & respect your post, I'll be sure and look you up if I'm feeling angry and need to have a violent fucking session..J/K
But, but, but I can't carry a tune. You've heard me wail from the dumpster fence. Originally Posted by boardman
You know I've heard you...that's my shoe print on your face!

You'd fit RIGHT in a proper football match, lad. I've listened to 50K of those wankers singing their drunk arses off...allegedly, in English. They couldn't carry a tune in a bucket...I couldn't understand a word they were saying...and it was STILL brilliant!!
I'm sorry but this just made me giggle a bit.....So basically you are advising me to "do more research" before I post a thread?.. Now I could understand if I was going to post something controversial, but this thread is me asking a few innocent & simple questions...I think it's a bit mad to think one should have to do research prior to posting a "Thinking about Houston" thread...

You speak of backlash and once again I can't understand how this type of thread could anger someone?...The only reasonable explanation I can come up with for someone to be completely rude without being provoked is if you're just a sadistic person...

I appreciate & respect your post, I'll be sure and look you up if I'm feeling angry and need to have a violent fucking session..J/K Originally Posted by Valerie
By Jove....I think she's got it!!! Now...Eliza love...repeat after me...

The rain...in Spain...falls mainly in the plain.
Al Murray - WAKEUP! Down to earth people...

Geddit!??!!
Val-you're doing just fine holding your own....

Tell you what, post some more hot pics of yourself. Those are usually very effective in shutting up these fucktards!

I appreciate & respect your post, I'll be sure and look you up if I'm feeling angry and need to have a violent fucking session..J/K Originally Posted by Valerie
Al Murray - WAKEUP! Originally Posted by essence
You called?
You called? Originally Posted by Wakeuр
See my earlier post. Valerie is a good straightforward person, must be coming from London, down to earth people. Wakeup? Good British name. I'm sure you two will get along fine.

Valerie - I've been trading on my accent over here for years, I know they want me for that and not for my fancy notes with those pretty pictures of the Queen.
Valerie,
My response here may be a direct path to my banning. However, I hope the mods read this post in the vain it is written.

Unlike some city forums we are an ecclectic group of cats and tend to modify our behavior(behaviour in the queens english) without notice and sometimes depending on the condition of the litter box.

Now my comments may have come across as a little snarky( OK maybe more than a little for one who doesn't know me) However, even you indicated that you had heard that the 'tude in Houston may not be what you are used to. There are many reasons for that and a dissertation would fill the bindings of "War and Peace" so I will refrain from boring you with the history.
Suffice it to say that given the fact that you knew there might be some outspoken assholes in Houston and that You admittidly post ThreADs in Co-ed 3-4 weeks prior to visiting a particular city it may have been wise to do a little bit of research and be a little more prepared for the backlash that might occur.

OK that's my version of "Sorry J/K".

Sweetie,
I hope you have a productive time here in Houston. There are some really generous gentlemen here and we like to show our visitors a good time. I'm generally not much of a tattoo afficianado but I find yours particularly appealing a la Monique Alexander.

One other thing. We seem to be of two different personalities altogether. I prefer not to take my grievances via the PM route. I like them right out here in the open where everyone can see. But that's just me.

I may have put myself on your DNS list but if you find yourself in need of a good ole grudge fuck, look me up. It might be fun. No prebooking necessary. Originally Posted by boardman

awwww how cute are you....
After receiving several PM's on here, I am trying to decide to tour Houston or not....I have never been to TX, and to be honest I once was going to come but then after hearing what some of the other ladies on this board had to say about it, I decided to cancel it...

So I was hoping some of you could answer some of my questions please..

What part of Houston is safe to stay?
Best places to advertise for this area?

I was told by a guy on here that TX guys won't pay more than 250hr?...I do charge more than that, so is that true?

Any info would be much appreciated!

Val Originally Posted by Valerie
I was willing to let this part of your comment slide......because, unlike some of the hooktards who come in here with with that kind of remark, you are actually fuck worthy.....hince, I answered your question.

Some of these guys took exception to the shot and ran with the bone....you made the comment....you deal with the blowback that ensues.

But, let's be honest. You did more than ask a couple of logistical questions....the difference here is, some don't care if a mod decides to run interference and ignore that part of your comment....I could have asked to see your teeth....I'm just saying.
As a fellow Londoner who DOES visit Houston, I will naturally sympathise with Valerie, she has done nothing wrong as far as I can see, and no I am not her WK, I never date blonds.

What the hell is wrong with you guys?

Valerie, Houston is big enough to find whatever you want, and avoid anything you do not want.

Where to stay? Downtown or west, and not south of Richmond or north of I10. Avoid well known downtown hotels eg Hyatt Regency, they are watched. Upscale Galleria hotels work for many. Some areas are dangerous, don't wander there. Houston drivers have no manners, they don't know what an indicator light is, and most are on the phone or doing their makeup. Lock you car doors. Weather in spring is wonderful, go jogging in Memorial park early on a Sunday morning and meet friendly normal healthy people. PM me if you need any more help. Weekly motels can be cheap, but you need to choose them carefully. It is possible and cheaper to rent an apartment for a month, even if you only use it for a fortnight.

My best advice is to link up with another girl who knows her way around. Houston is a big city.

Most Houstonians are very hospitable, but the very few spoil it.