Best steak?

My sole addition to this topic is this helpful hint: Make sure the steak is at room temperature before cooking.
I know those are supposed to be directions for cooking a steak but the first paragraph sounds a lot like the best way to do something else.

I've got one of those electric George Foreman style grill things. If you oil, salt, and pepper the steak just right, get the temperature just right, and do it just right, it does a fantastic job of giving just that right searing/charing/caramelizing to the surface. Get the plates searing hot, squeeze it just right for a minute or so, then back off and let it cook more slowly.

You can also screw it up and end up with a dry brick.

Speaking of searing, I really hate it when they give you crunchy charcoal on the surface. A few years back, cajun style "blackening" became the big craze. Unfortunately, a lot of idiot "chefs" decided that meant you needed to burn the surface of everything you grill. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
A few years back, cajun style "blackening" became the big craze. Unfortunately, a lot of idiot "chefs" decided that meant you needed to burn the surface of everything you grill. Originally Posted by GneissGuy
The difference between burnt and blakened is intent.
I know those are supposed to be directions for cooking a steak but the first paragraph sounds a lot like the best way to do something else. Originally Posted by Reya Sunshine
I know you're hot, but if you leave burn marks on my dick, I'm going to be REALLY pissed.
My sole addition to this topic is this helpful hint: Make sure the steak is at room temperature before cooking. Originally Posted by NipLover
Only if you like your steaks over cooked.
OK...OK...all this talk about steak, someone needs to invite me over!
Sixx,

Hands down Eddie V's is the finest white table cloth restaurant in town and the finest steaks.

Some other good choices on here as well. Sullis is great too. Hoffbrau is unique but good. Vince Youngs place is extremely average and overpriced. III Forks very good. Steiners very good. Perry's extremely average. Flemings works as well, pretty good. The Brazillian places are unique as well but the quality of the meat is eh imho.

Hope your new year worked out and you got a good steakie.

-Boog
So this thread has been going for a while....

Sixx, where'd you end up??