For Those Who Think Trump Didn't Act Quickly Enough During The COVID-19 Pandemic...

1.Testing aligns with what all epidemiologists,doctors,and scientists recommend.We needed early testing to know what virus load and the distribution of it that we were up against.We need it now to catch and prevent outbreaks.These are people with education and credentials which gives them a Credible opinion.That does not include you.

2.I assure you my academic achievements and credentials exceed yours.That goes for my intellect as well.

3.Hey you got the Martial law right.There was a dumbass previously that thought it was "Marshall" law.No I'm saying Fake Reality TV Amateur Out of His Depth Chump cannot defer our policy and decision making to any other country or body,like China,WHO,Obama,Governors,CDC, etc.

4.So far about 60,000 have died.Many more have suffered and are suffering.And this will continue for some time.This is separate from the economic devastation we are experiencing and will for some time.I would say that it is immaterial what China is or isn't.They are not our country.Xi is not our president.We have fuck-up Chump.

Remember it's your boy that advises your crowd that "What you hear,what you read,and what you see is not what's happening". What's real is what He says. You go for that Mr. Intelligent ?
1.Testing aligns with what all epidemiologists,doctors,and scientists recommend. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
What you said is: Some unnamed people said something unquoted, at some unspecified time.

We needed early testing to know what virus load and the distribution of it that we were up against.We need it now to catch and prevent outbreaks.These are people with education and credentials which gives them a Credible opinion.That does not include you. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
So mandatory testing, multiple times, for 330M people and contact tracing of all persons, followed by separating families. Is that your proposal? What is that based on? Appears that does include me and everyone else.

2.I assure you my academic achievements and credentials exceed yours.That goes for my intellect as well. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
You come off more like a toddler with your name calling and unsubstantiated, broad stroke, generalities. But if your point is that you over paid, based on the learning you attained, then yes. Call the Police! 'Cause you got robbed!
The whole China being dishonest thing gets old. They closed Wuhan Provence in late January.

It was obvious by their drastic containment methods that the Wuhan Flu would hit the world hard.

There was a ton of information leaking out of China all February showing how bad this was. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see the threat and to understand that the US would see a major impact sooner than later.

As far as Trump's handling or lack thereof I'd say as much as anything a supply side opportunity was lost in so much that the government could have
coordinated the mass production of PPE and testing and they ought to be doing a better job of it now.

Anyway even if you think that the infection rate in the US is really as high as 10 percent or 30+ million, that really means we have a long long ways to go. There is no effective vaccine for any existing Corona virus. We will be lucky if this virus is an exception and a vaccine works a year or more down the line.

In the end excluding a few financial sectors, the rich will generally get richer due to all of this. The working and lower middle class will sink further into serfdom because of covid and the subsequent reactions.

I do see an argument in just letting the virus rage. But not because it wouldn't kill a lot of people. Rather I wonder if people are too death averse? Certainly people during the 1918 flu, with WW1 underway and with memories of the Civil War and other worse diseases like small pox would have been a tougher breed.

I just don't know, there are no easy answers and no valid scape goats. Maybe that is the core of Trump's problem, he depends on easy answers to sway the populace even more that a typical politician. Originally Posted by Big Ed
I think POTUS truly tries to see the positive in a lot of situations where others might be initially jaded, to try to find a solution...but when he needs to show boundaries, he does. His handling of relations with Kim Jong-Un for example. Think he was trying a similar path with China on trade. However, these past few months have shown that path was a doomed one, given the current CCP regime and their actions.
What I said is that people with Education and Credentials giving them a Credible opinion (this does not include you)are generally in agreement as to the place for and importance of testing in an infectious outbreak. So what you Feel or Think regarding that is of no importance cause you don't count.You are not qualified to have a Valid opinion.

I could just as easily say an unnamed individual,unquoted,at an unknown time said the Earth revolved around the sun.If I failed to say it was Copernicus who said it and it was a long time ago,it would still be true the Earth revolves around the Sun.

No we don't need an extreme testing regimen such as you suggest.Just something reasonable but aggressive enough to achieve the info we need.Most importantly a scheme put forth by the Grown-ups like Fauci and Birx and other scientists.You know some Deep Staters.

You and other Chumpsters started the name calling and disparaging remarks first.Really juvenile shit.I quickly realized I had to come down to your level.I'm not the least impressed by your so transparent propaganda and your blowhard bullshit !!
  • oeb11
  • 04-27-2020, 06:35 PM
Just another Fascist DPST who thinks debate is name-calling and insults.

You have nothing cogent or constructive to contribute.

Just another self-centered elitist so impressed with him/her/itself.

Keyboard Warrior - go fish in the Florida Keys all day without a hat.
Hey are you talking about Whinin' Donnie Chump ?

Let's see - name calling , insults
nothing cogent or constructive to contribute
a self-centered elitist very impressed with himself

Yeah I think you have all the bases covered for Chump and his Chumpsters !!

You guys can't take it. You can dish it out.
... cause you don't count.You are not qualified to have a Valid opinion... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Lucky me, turns out my rights say I count, but only when I exercise them. By the grace of God, I also practice them - extensively. You should read that crusty old set of docs.

...No we don't need an extreme testing regimen such as you suggest.Just something reasonable but aggressive enough to achieve the info we need... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Who is this "we" you speak so much about and who does it not include? What testing regime were you proposing on everybody else?

...You and other Chumpsters started the name calling and disparaging remarks first.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
So naturally, your mature response to juvenile is to be juvenile.That seems juvenile to me and entirely concerning to "me" if you are magnanimously including yourself in your "we" that you are tyrannically excluding "me" from.

You ever consider thinking before yapping? It could be a thing.
It's called fighting fire with fire.
You don't like it that I don't allow Chumpsters who follow Chump's playbook of self-righteous,condescending,and dismissive rhetoric and tone to get away with it.It's insulting.
I'm just giving back what you be putting down.
You guys can't take it ?
It's called fighting fire with fire.... Originally Posted by sportfisherman

Sounds more lick drunk and disorderly (DD) or public intoxication (PI).
1.Testing aligns with what all epidemiologists,doctors,and scientists recommend.We needed early testing to know what virus load and the distribution of it that we were up against.We need it now to catch and prevent outbreaks.These are people with education and credentials which gives them a Credible opinion.That does not include you..... Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Welcome to the Scamdemic - Comrade.
Yet another narrative fail. Maybe winning just ain't yo thang baby.

Pro Tip: Have you actually talked to a doctor about what they think?

https://summit.news/2020/04/28/youtu...at-home-order/

YouTube has censored a viral video in which two doctors criticized the logic of whether California’s stay-at-home coronavirus order is necessary.

The video, which had racked up over 5 million views, featured Dr. Dan Erickson and Dr. Artin Massihi, co-owners of Accelerated Urgent Care in Bakersfield, Calif. In the clip, Erickson asserts that there is only a “0.03 chance of dying from COVID in the state of California,” prompting him to ask, “Does that necessitate sheltering in place? Does that necessitate shutting down medical systems? Does that necessitate people being out of work?”

Erickson also asked why fatalities were being counted as COVID-19 deaths when other ailments were actually more to blame. “When someone dies in this country right now, they’re not talking about the high blood pressure, the diabetes, the stroke. They’re saying ‘Did they die from COVID?'”

Erickson said. “We’ve been to hundreds of autopsies. You don’t talk about one thing, you talk about comorbidities. ER doctors now [say] ‘It’s interesting when I’m writing about my death report, I’m being pressured to add COVID. Why is that?”
Two docs with a walk-in clinic to refute the consensus opinion of most all reputable clinicians regarding testing ?
From You Tube ?
It deals with "Sheltering in Place" ?
It doesn't deal with testing.

If you are not for testing state it.If you don't ascribe to the practice state it.If you don't believe in the validity of it say so.
Your push back on testing is due to you so wanting to absolve Chump of his failure to initiate testing and still failing 3 months in.
Do you still debate and insist the Earth is flat ?

Is You Tube comparable to the New England Journal of Medicine ?
Two docs with a walk-in clinic.. Originally Posted by sportfisherman

You said all. NEJM ain't all, it's a group of some.
See why thinking before yapping is important yet?
You said all. NEJM ain't all, it's a group of some.
See why thinking before yapping is important yet? Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Do you think he is related to Assup who is now Hummerhoe aka (Yssup Rider) he Yap's all the time with out thinking
Do you think he is related to Assup who is now Hummerhoe aka (Yssup Rider) he Yap's all the time with out thinking Originally Posted by Hotrod511

Why_Yes_I_Do
What I said is that people with Education and Credentials giving them a Credible opinion (this does not include you)are generally in agreement as to the place for and importance of testing in an infectious outbreak. So what you Feel or Think regarding that is of no importance cause you don't count.You are not qualified to have a Valid opinion. Wow! That's so first rate hubris there.

I could just as easily say an unnamed individual,unquoted,at an unknown time said the Earth revolved around the sun.If I failed to say it was Copernicus who said it and it was a long time ago,it would still be true the Earth revolves around the Sun.

No we don't need an extreme testing regimen such as you suggest.Just something reasonable but aggressive enough to achieve the info we need.Most importantly a scheme put forth by the Grown-ups like Fauci and Birx and other scientists.You know some Deep Staters.

You and other Chumpsters started the name calling and disparaging remarks first.Really juvenile shit.I quickly realized I had to come down to your level.I'm not the least impressed by your so transparent propaganda and your blowhard bullshit !! Originally Posted by sportfisherman

Why? What purpose would it serve? Going down only proves that you are no different than the "others" you disparage.

As far as testing goes.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g/testing.html

If you test positive or negative for COVID-19, no matter the type of test, you still should take preventive measures to protect yourself and others.

So, whether you test positive or negative suggests to me, you don't need a test in the first place if either result dictates the same outcome. And what is it exactly that protects you and others? A simple mask or total isolation? If you get a fever, start coughing and have trouble breathing, do you need a test to tell you, you have a health problem and whether it is COVID-19 or flu, you should call a doctor and isolate yourself from others? If you aren't having any of these symptoms but could very well be a carrier, do you isolate and for how long?

We do not know yet if having antibodies to SARS-CoV-2 substitute COVID-19 can protect someone from getting infected with that virus again, or how long that protection might last. Scientists are doing studies to answer those questions.

The CDC has said that there is no evidence what so ever that because you test positive for antibodies, you are immune or how long that immunity will last. So how does a positive test for antibodies give you permission to go back into the community if we don't know you are truly immune and how long that would last? Again, a test does not prove anything.

Once you pass a certain number and we have certainly passed that number, tracking and tracing only those positive case and who they came in contact with is not feasible. Now add in the fact that there will be many asymptomatic who you can not track and the whole idea loses any validity.

Testing at this point, is merely an academic pursuit that might be useful in the future. Right now it means nothing for either tracking or a sign that you can return to work. In other words, testing in order to stop the virus is meaningless.

Not everyone needs to be tested for COVID-19.

Really? How would you ever know who the asymptomatic people are? And because you test negative on Monday, does that mean you won't test positive on Tues.?

• If you test positive for COVID-19, know what protective steps to take If You Are Sick or Caring for Someone.
  • If you test negative for COVID-19, you probably were not infected at the time your sample was collected. However, that does not mean you will not get sick. It is possible that you were very early in your infection when your sample was collected and that you could test positive later. Or you could be exposed later and then develop illness. In other words, a negative test result does not mean you won’t get sick later. Know How to Protect Yourself and Others.

So, if you test positive, you may or may not get sick and if you test negative, you may or not get sick. So remind me again the necessity of testing if contact tracing is already in the rear view mirror?