What is your definition of Energy Independence

Please give me example when the price of oil was high....yet the price of gas here in the US was low.

Maybe get with lustylad and explain to him how high oil prices lead to low gas prices here in the US. With all his bullshit, maybe he then can translate that in to some sort of Laffer curve. Right now it is just a laugh'er. Originally Posted by WTF

how 'bout i give you the chance to go check the data to be sure i can't prove my point then get back to me on that?

or how about this? do you agree that $78 a barrel is high and that $2.86 per gallon national average is low?

then you better hope i haven't already found that data. (i have).

back to you professor.

bahhahhahaaaaaaa
i sense something .. a sudden deafening silence in this thread. could it be the professor knows he stuck his foot in his mouth and is hiding?

bahahahhaaaaa
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 06:51 PM
i sense something .. a sudden deafening silence in this thread. could it be the professor knows he stuck his foot in his mouth and is hiding?

bahahahhaaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Settle the fick down I went to feed the horses
Settle the fick down I went to feed the horses Originally Posted by WTF
How much do you get paid to feed horses Poofter? Is it steady work?
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 07:07 PM
how 'bout i give you the chance to go check the data to be sure i can't prove my point then get back to me on that?

or how about this? do you agree that $78 a barrel is high and that $2.86 per gallon national average is low?

back to you professor.

bahhahhahaaaaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
The price of gasoline follows along the price of oil. Below is a link that will take you to a graph. If oil prices go up....so will gas. It is a world wide commodity. You sound li ki e a fucking idiot with this "energy independence means we get cheaper gas than the rest of the world" mentality. .

https://www.thebalance.com/how-crude...prices-3306230

I can't figure out how to post the graph....but that is better than not being able to figure out that energy independence does not neccesarily mean cheap gas.

back to you professor.

bahhahhahaaaaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

then the question remains .. do you consider in the same month $78 a barrel high while the national average of a gallon of gas is $2.86?

and there is an added bonus here i think you might enjoy. or not. several other posters will ... of that you can be assured.
Energy independence for the United States is when every drop of oil and ounce of natural gas we have is produced, every ton of coal we have is being mined, every available source of wind is developed, and every every hydroelectric plant is running.

This goes hand in had with the good paying jobs afforded to American workers.

The most efficient of these is probably Hydro Electric, followed by oil and natural gas. They serve us well for our generation. Future generations can develop other energy sources, just as our ancestors developed the ones we use now.
The price of gasoline follows along the price of oil. Below is a link that will take you to a graph. If oil prices go up....so will gas. It is a world wide commodity. You sound li ki e a fucking idiot with this "energy independence means we get cheaper gas than the rest of the world" mentality. .

I can't figure out how to post the graph....but that is better than not being able to figure out that energy independence does not neccesarily mean cheap gas. Originally Posted by WTF

you can't. it's not a static image it's an interactive graph. i can't post my graph that proves my point either. you aren't going to weasel out with some generic article from thebalance.

because i'm not going to let you.

so once again .. in what month and year was the price of a barrel of oil $78.53 while the price of a gallon on gas (regular of course) averaged $2.86 nationally?

note that i stated the exact price on a barrel of oil. that should make it easier for ya professor.

batter up valued poster!!!!

bahahhahhaaaa
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 07:23 PM
Yada .

The USA has been described as the world's swing producer. That's because if you've got the rigs (which we do) and the manpower and other equipment (which we're a bit short on right now), we can ramp up production capacity a lot faster than other places. In a matter of months, less than a year, USA production can increase by 1 million BOPD. Compare to 10 years for someplace like offshore Brazil or West Africa where lead times are much longer.

You fail to appreciate positive effects of higher revenues from oil and gas for anyone except the investor class. As Lusty Lad has pointed out, some states rely heavily on severance and property taxes from production. The federal government raises more in tax revenues, royalties and lease bonuses from domestic production. Oil workers spend their earnings here in the USA. Owners of U.S. oil companies, like you, and owners of royalties, like farmers and ranchers, benefit. This is all good for the USA.

. Originally Posted by Tiny
Well evidently we are not as fast a "swing" producer as they led you to believe!

I do not fail to see the positive effects of gas production here in this country ... I especially like to see decent or what one may consider high oil prices!

Fuck...I have money invested praying we have grsat production....high prices are gravey!

I believe Mark Twain saying as it applies to oil is appropriate...

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 07:37 PM
you can't. it's not a static image it's an interactive graph. i can't post my graph that proves my point either. you aren't going to weasel out with some generic article from thebalance.

because i'm not going to let you.

so once again .. in what month and year was the price of a barrel of oil $78.53 while the price of a gallon on gas (regular of course) averaged $2.86 nationally?

note that i stated the exact price on a barrel of oil. that should make it easier for ya professor.

batter up valued poster!!!!

bahahhahhaaaa Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
I'm not weaseling out of anything.

I'm not even sure why I went down that rabbit hole.

The price of oil is a global commodity. The price of a gallon of gasoline is tied to the price of oil.

There is no magical Rebate to consumers if we happen to export more oil than we import.

I can't even believe you're arguing this.

Please post this mythical link that shows where we get cheaper gas that the rest of the world because we are "energy independence"
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 07:55 PM
i sense something .. a sudden deafening silence in this thread. could it be the Wacko knows he stuck his foot in his mouth and is hiding?
Settle the fick down I went to feed the horses Originally Posted by WTF
mooo
  • WTF
  • 03-13-2022, 07:58 PM
mooo Originally Posted by winn dixie
Those too...and a few goats.

I can't figure out how to post the graph....but that is better than not being able to figure out that energy independence does not neccesarily mean cheap gas. Originally Posted by WTF
make a snapshot gif of it and upload to a file hosting site and link it.