Why don't conservatives believe in equal pay for women?

oh, so a male cop is equal to a female cop?
how is that?
WE just said, It makes sense that the men got shopping carts is

so now females cops are equal to male cops?
I dont think so,
but what about the cost of a female employee vs a male employee?
arent buisnmess around to make money,. is the cost of a male employee on staff the same as a female employee? Idk but I'm asking

My whole point is why is the government allowed to tell businesses what to do? Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
If a Female has the desire to work and fit into a male predominate profession like Law Enforcement then she is expected to meet all of the criteria. If she indeed meets all of the criteria then she is hired and granted the same pay. The only reason I can think of that you were pushing grocery carts in the parking lot and the female employees weren't is because it was at the discretion of the manager. Doesn't mean the female employees were incapable. What makes you think a female police officer isn't equal to a male officer in respect to the job description.

Jim
Lets talk equality in the job force (WE can watch);

On the job deaths: Male, 93% Female 7%
On the job injuries: Male 81% Female 19%
On the job injuries resulting in permanent disability: Male 89% Female 11%
(2012 numbers)

Yes, lets have some equality around here. Ladies, WE wants you to be injuried and killed for your job.
I have no idea where you are coming with the females verse male cops???? So is it my understanding you want the govt completely out of business- well how would that fare? The company could not pay you if they so choose- you could get injured on the job and the company could choose not to pay, a woman could get pregnant go into labor and the company could just fire her, the company could w/o warning stop providing you medical coverage-company could say we are not hiring you because you are black,jew, muslim, woman, etc- yeah good idea not to get govt out of the business!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
That's a not so clever dodge, WE. Here's a career option where men and women are paid exactly the same, but note how the discrimination in standards favors women:
Lets talk equality in the job force (WE can watch);

On the job deaths: Male, 93% Female 7%
On the job injuries: Male 81% Female 19%
On the job injuries resulting in permanent disability: Male 89% Female 11%
(2012 numbers)

Yes, lets have some equality around here. Ladies, WE wants you to be injuried and killed for your job. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Lol. maybe if they gave the women a chance they would. ;-) You guys are complete jokes
If a Female has the desire to work and fit into a male predominate profession like Law Enforcement then she is expected to meet all of the criteria. If she indeed meets all of the criteria then she is hired and granted the same pay. The only reason I can think of that you were pushing grocery carts in the parking lot and the female employees weren't is because it was at the discretion of the manager. Doesn't mean the female employees were incapable. What makes you think a female police officer isn't equal to a male officer in respect to the job description.

Jim Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
because males and females arent the same
why do you think a female is equal to a male?
note I am not saying which is better, I'm just noting they are NOT the same.
so why are we generalizing they are the same?
Time magazine discovered the inconvenient truth back in 1992 with their groundbreaking issue

*Pic removed - JCM
because males and females arent the same
why do you think a female is equal to a male?
note I am not saying which is better, I'm just noting they are NOT the same.
so why are we generalizing they are the same? Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
Of course they aren't the same physically, mentally, emotionally. But both sexes have their attributes, and can and do perform equally as well in almost all professions. Take Real-estate Women do quite well in that profession most of the time better than men. As far as the Government dictating salaries for women, they don't. That's a political fallacy that doesn't exist in the real world.

Jim
huh?
I wasnt making any broad generalizations about sex/speed, you'll notice I did not say which sex was which because I was giving a situation where it was easy to see that two workers are not equal. and DO NOT DESERVE EQUAL PAY

Yes, I am giving examples where it's OBVIOUS a law that demands everyone get paid the same is wrong;
the "intellectual" example about the female urologist/MD who did not understand how to do TRT was another example I gave. Clearly you missed that one. recall I had my dad go to a make uro because she didnt know the basics.

Oh your quip about female valedicktorians is useless.
EQ vs IQ my friend.,
excelling at intellectual does not mean you are the best candidate for most jobs. It takes more than book smarts to succed.
now, go get me some 2,4 DNP, its cold!! Originally Posted by bigcockpussylicker
^ You know it really makes my blood boil to read such ignorance. I'm trying to give this board a chance and hang in there but you guys make it real hard with this willful ignorance. I'm not trying to be arrogant but man o man you guys make me lose faith in common sense. Use your fucking brain already. THINK MAN. It ain't that hard.

Your arguments are just ridiculously insane. No one is saying pay a female business analyst the same salary as a male Operations Manager. What we're saying is don 't discriminate against women because they are women. If women are just a qualified as their male counterparts in the same jobs what legitimate argument (that makes any sense) can you make to justify unequal pay. It's like Samuel L. Jackson said in Pulp Fiction: "I'm trying Ringo I'm trying real hard."

Do you not understand the basic concept of equal pay?

You've repeatedly asked the same question which is basically why should government dictate how much a private company should pay? Do you really need this question answered? Seriously? I can't believe this.

Let me help you out. Let's start with a little history lesson on worker rights (safety) in America and I will get to the pay issue amongst other things. Bear with me because I have some things to say. If you look at the safety habits that developed in the 19th century as an outgrowth of major industrial revolution safety incidents in railroad, mining,and steel production you would know that government involvement was crucial. Typically business back then considered worker safety their own responsibilities and even the insurers covered property and not people. Why is this important as it relates to pay? Because it shows that business won't act to do what's right unless forced to. They would run slave camps and sweat shops don't believe me well let me give you a more concrete example.

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in NYC in 1911 was actually a turning point in US history with regards to workers rights. When a fire broke out there were 145 people killed mostly young girls due to exit doors being locked, fire escapes blocked,and fire fighting equipment inoperable. I mention this example because if you've studied US history this was the turning point generally speaking for worker rights in America.

I previously developed a timeline of these events for my employees but it's too lengthy to post here so I will summarize a quick timeline of events:

First Worker compensation law passed by Wisconsin legislature (1911).
  • Employers found it advantageous to prevent accidents rather than pay large compensation premiums
Walsh-Healy Act established (1936) similar to today’s Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)

US Dept. of Labor and the National Safety Council formed (1913)

Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) – 1970
  • Develop and enforce job safety standards

Consumer Product Safety Act – 1972
  • Protect the public from unsafe products
  • Set and enforces safety standards for consumer products
Progress is ongoing and there certainly have been more standards enacted by government since 1972 (before I was even born) but hopefully you get the idea. Progress made in this country is always due to government oversight and it truly is a shame that we need government to oversee big business but it's critically important and I'm about to explain why next with regards to pay and other things.

I want you to seriously consider what I'm about to enlighten you on next. Why do you think you (workers in general) have Sat and Sun off or two days a week? Why do you think you have holidays offs, sick leave, sick pay, minimum wage, sex harassment laws, Family Medical leave Act - FMLA, etc etc. Do you think businesses voluntarily gave that up?

Here's a good summary I found online:

Employers and Corporations did not feel generous and decide to give you two days off every week to have a social/personal life. (We now call them weekends). Corporations did not just feel like being nice one day and give their employees paid vacations. CEOs didn't get together in a board room and say "Let's give our employees more rights at work" or "Maybe there should be laws to limit our power over an employee".

Virtually ALL the benefits you have at work, whether you work in the public or private sector, all of the benefits and rights you enjoy everyday are there because unions fought hard and long for them against big business who did everything they could to prevent giving you your rights. Many union leaders and members even lost their lives for things we take for granted today.

The right-wing attack on unions is nothing more than ignorance, lack of education, and propaganda.

If republicans would rather support corporations instead of organized groups of workers working to secure a fair work environment A.K.A a union, I ask them to walk the walk as well. Give up every benefit and right that you use that unions are responsible for.

Complete trust and submit yourself to the corporate agenda you fight for. Play by their rules with no influence from democrats or labor unions to try to force rights among the workers of this country. Dedicate your life to their life goal of making your company more money than the year before. Just understand that this may mean sacrificing the union fought rights you enjoy everyday. I mean, you don't want to be a hypocrite, do you? Like bashing unions on your union fought lunch break? Which means if you practice what you preach, you don't get a lunch break.

Corporations use to work employees 80+ hours a week, offer no breaks, hire children, offer horrid, unsanitary work conditions, paid literally next to nothing, and even murder. Not murder with a pen like they do today, but actual murder. They basically did whatever they wanted.
These are all the things unions and democrats fought for that you now enjoy today. Give it up if you think equal pay for women is wrong.

• Weekends
  • All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
  • Paid Vacation
  • FMLA
  • Sick Leave
  • Social Security
  • Minimum Wage
  • Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
  • 8-Hour Work Day
  • Overtime Pay
  • Child Labor Laws
  • Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
  • 40 Hour Work Week
  • Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Pensions
  • Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
  • Employer Health Care Insurance
  • Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
  • Wrongful Termination Laws
  • Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
  • Whistleblower Protection Laws
  • Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
  • Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
  • Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
  • Sexual Harassment Laws
  • Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
  • Holiday Pay
  • Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
  • Privacy Rights
  • Pregnancy and Parental Leave
  • Military Leave
  • The Right to Strike
  • Public Education for Children
  • Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
  • Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
More can be found here:

Source
^ You know it really makes my blood boil to read such ignorance. I'm trying to give this board a chance and hang in there but you guys make it real hard with this willful ignorance. I'm not trying to be arrogant but man o man you guys make me lose faith in common sense. Use your fucking brain already. THINK MAN. It ain't that hard.

Your arguments are just ridiculously insane. No one is saying pay a female business analyst the same salary as a male Operations Manager. What we're saying is don 't discriminate against women because they are women. If women are just a qualified as their male counterparts in the same jobs what legitimate argument (that makes any sense) can you make to justify unequal pay. It's like Samuel L. Jackson said in Pulp Fiction: "I'm trying Ringo I'm trying real hard."

Do you not understand the basic concept of equal pay?

You've repeatedly asked the same question which is basically why should government dictate how much a private company should pay? Do you really need this question answered? Seriously? I can't believe this.

Let me help you out. Let's start with a little history lesson on worker rights (safety) in America and I will get to the pay issue amongst other things. Bear with me because I have some things to say. If you look at the safety habits that developed in the 19th century as an outgrowth of major industrial revolution safety incidents in railroad, mining,and steel production you would know that government involvement was crucial. Typically business back then considered worker safety their own responsibilities and even the insurers covered property and not people. Why is this important as it relates to pay? Because it shows that business won't act to do what's right unless forced to. They would run slave camps and sweat shops don't believe me well let me give you a more concrete example.

The Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire in NYC in 1911 was actually a turning point in US history with regards to workers rights. When a fire broke out there were 145 people killed mostly young girls due to exit doors being locked, fire escapes blocked,and fire fighting equipment inoperable. I mention this example because if you've studied US history this was the turning point generally speaking for worker rights in America.

I previously developed a timeline of these events for my employees but it's too lengthy to post here so I will summarize a quick timeline of events:

First Worker compensation law passed by Wisconsin legislature (1911).
  • Employers found it advantageous to prevent accidents rather than pay large compensation premiums
Walsh-Healy Act established (1936) similar to today’s Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)

US Dept. of Labor and the National Safety Council formed (1913)

Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA) – 1970
  • Develop and enforce job safety standards

Consumer Product Safety Act – 1972
  • Protect the public from unsafe products
  • Set and enforces safety standards for consumer products
Progress is ongoing and there certainly have been more standards enacted by government since 1972 (before I was even born) but hopefully you get the idea. Progress made in this country is always due to government oversight and it truly is a shame that we need government to oversee big business but it's critically important and I'm about to explain why next with regards to pay and other things.

I want you to seriously consider what I'm about to enlighten you on next. Why do you think you (workers in general) have Sat and Sun off or two days a week? Why do you think you have holidays offs, sick leave, sick pay, minimum wage, sex harassment laws, Family Medical leave Act - FMLA, etc etc. Do you think businesses voluntarily gave that up?

Here's a good summary I found online:

These are all the things unions and democrats fought for that you now enjoy today. Give it up if you think equal pay for women is wrong.

• Weekends
  • All Breaks at Work, including your Lunch Breaks
  • Paid Vacation
  • FMLA
  • Sick Leave
  • Social Security
  • Minimum Wage
  • Civil Rights Act/Title VII (Prohibits Employer Discrimination)
  • 8-Hour Work Day
  • Overtime Pay
  • Child Labor Laws
  • Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA)
  • 40 Hour Work Week
  • Worker's Compensation (Worker's Comp)
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • Pensions
  • Workplace Safety Standards and Regulations
  • Employer Health Care Insurance
  • Collective Bargaining Rights for Employees
  • Wrongful Termination Laws
  • Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967
  • Whistleblower Protection Laws
  • Employee Polygraph Protect Act (Prohibits Employer from using a lie detector test on an employee)
  • Veteran's Employment and Training Services (VETS)
  • Compensation increases and Evaluations (Raises)
  • Sexual Harassment Laws
  • Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA)
  • Holiday Pay
  • Employer Dental, Life, and Vision Insurance
  • Privacy Rights
  • Pregnancy and Parental Leave
  • Military Leave
  • The Right to Strike
  • Public Education for Children
  • Equal Pay Acts of 1963 & 2011 (Requires employers pay men and women equally for the same amount of work)
  • Laws Ending Sweatshops in the United States
More can be found here:

Source Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
Thank You Zanzibar and if these guys can't comprehend what you just posted then all hope is lost!!!
Thank You Zanzibar and if these guys can't comprehend what you just posted then all hope is lost!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
No problem. They personally benefit from these rights and "freedoms" that Unions and Dems fought for still though when you're dug in ideologically no amount of reason and common sense will help.
Sure. Let the government make all our decisions for us. It's so much easier than taking responsibility for ourselves. Soon the only decision we will have to make is which cheek of the government's ass we need to kiss to get our daily ration.
Mr Christian man and rabiznaz like BIG GUBMINT, whats new?
Of course they aren't the same physically, mentally, emotionally. But both sexes have their attributes, and can and do perform equally as well in almost all professions. Take Real-estate Women do quite well in that profession most of the time better than men. As far as the Government dictating salaries for women, they don't. That's a political fallacy that doesn't exist in the real world.
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin
Agreed.
They CAN do the same quality of work
which is different then forcing them to be rewarded without showing they can do that work.
which is the whole point, no one should be forcing them to be paid them same

Life is unfair, then you die.
Lol. maybe if they gave the women a chance they would. ;-) I am a complete joke Originally Posted by Zanzibar789
That was fun and accurate too.
Attention, it's now 2015 and the White House still pays women 13% less than men for the same position. That could be fixed with a simple order. So why isn't it?

If you want to be so incredibly stupid as to bring up things from a hundred years ago...there were company stores that charged such high prices that a family pretty much became slaves to the company.
The work week might be 60 hours long and no overtime.
There was rampant child labor for doing the same jobs as men but for less pay.
There was no workmen's comp.
There were no healthcare benefits.
All of this didn't matter one bit if you were a man, woman, or child. Like I said, it is now 2015.