Liberals or Conservatives

Age has a lot to do with it, too.

Remember what Churchill famously said ... "a young person who is not a liberal has no heart, and an old person who is not a conservative has no brain."
You can quit at #1. If the Administration wasn't in the tank, he would be prosecuted and convicted of tax fraud. Or at least you and I would if we had done what he did. Originally Posted by pjorourke
Bullshit. We'd have payed the missed tax and interest. We'd have also petitioned to get out of the penalty claiming inadvertence and citing where we'd reported the same income in other years, expected to loose, and then paid the penalty.
For the life of me, I don't know how I got this right wing label. I think I'm quite moderate.

Now Peej, OTOH...? Originally Posted by Rudyard K
My guess is you got it the same way I got "liberal" or "left-leaning"...somebody slapped it on you & it stuck!

I think I'm quite moderate, as well. Political labels are like the George Carlin bit about driving.

Anybody who drives faster than you is a maniac! Anybody who drives slower than you is a moron!
Does anyone seriously believe claims that Rangel and his enablers didn't notice something fishy about the numbers reported in his filings? They strain credulity well beyond the breaking point. Someone who isn't wealthy and earns a congressman's modest salary could hardly have just "forgotten" about all that extra money. He overlooked it because of all the wealth he has secreted away in Swiss bank accounts.

Didn't former Ways and Means Chairman Rostenkowski go to prison for some stuff that pales in comparison to Rangel's transgressions? Had nothing to do with tax evasion. As I recall it was felony fraud against the post office by intentionally violating his franking privilege. This was categorically a crime.

I guess it all depends on whether an ambitious federal prosecutor decides one day that he wants to nail a scalp to the wall. Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight
So ... what I wanna know is if you can tell the difference between a conservative and a liberal provider just by her business practices? Originally Posted by Laurentius
Liberal Provider's Slogan:
Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can.

Conservative Provider's Slogan:
Make all you can, save all you can, screw everyone out of every dime.
Liberal Provider's Slogan:
Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can.
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Yep! Biden gave up a whole lot... a whole 0.2% of his income. Yep those dems are real givers...

Conservative Provider's Slogan: Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Make all you can, save all you can, screw everyone out of every dime. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Whereas a (unpopular in this forum) republican has raised + $10M since 2003 for a scholarship foundation...

Where did Biden's book royalties go? His pocket. Where did the republican's book royalties go? The scholarship foundation. I don't even like the republican, but I respect his charitable contributions.
You missed the point: the question from L was about Providers. And you respond about politicians. Now, I admit all politicians are whores in their own right, but not what L asked about.

And besides, I think all regular bets are off when it comes to politicians.
You missed the point: the question from L was about Providers. And you respond about politicians. Now, I admit all politicians are whores in their own right, but not what L asked about.

And besides, I think all regular bets are off when it comes to politicians. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

I just picked a politician, the other is a commentator. If the politicians weren't so public, they wouldn't be such easy targets.

http://www.unitedliberty.org/article...l-prostitution