I purchased Premium Gasoline today for $2.50 a Gallon- Thank You President Obama!!!!

Why is the gas dropping dipshit? It's because of global demand and supply- the U.S has no control over oil prices- get that through your skull dipshit!!!!! Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Hey Liberace, what kind of moron predicts that increased US production would at best lower pump prices by 50 cents - when it's already plain to everyone that prices are down by nearly a dollar?

Sorta like you predicting you have to take a shit when it's already in your pants!

Now you say it's because of "demand and supply" - well, DUH! Keep up the brilliant observations.

Question for you, Liberace - whether it's deserved or not, the POTUS usually gets credit/blame for what happens to gas prices. So why did Odumbo's minions get trounced on Nov. 4? Why didn't Odumbo's acolytes get rewarded at the ballot box for delivering lower pump prices in recent months?
For several months we had ISIS flooding the market with oil they were using to raise money. Originally Posted by boardman
Just for the record, this is not a factor. ISIS controls and sells very little oil. They were smuggling small quantities out via Turkey but we cracked down on that. Syria has never been a major producer. Most of the big oilfields in Iraq are in Kurdish and Shiite areas. The reason it is so critical to stop ISIS is to keep them from getting their hands on big oil revenue streams that could be used to finance future global terrorism. But ISIS has no influence on the oil market at the moment, except perhaps for market psychology (e.g. traders may worry about its ability to disrupt supplies, and this concern keeps prices higher than they would otherwise be).
Just for the record, this is not a factor. ISIS controls and sells very little oil. They were smuggling small quantities out via Turkey but we cracked down on that. Syria has never been a major producer. Most of the big oilfields in Iraq are in Kurdish and Shiite areas. The reason it is so critical to stop ISIS is to keep them from getting their hands on big oil revenue streams that could be used to finance future global terrorism. But ISIS has no influence on the oil market at the moment, except perhaps for market psychology (e.g. traders may worry about its ability to disrupt supplies, and this concern keeps prices higher than they would otherwise be). Originally Posted by lustylad
But the psychology of it is a factor.
No, ISIS was/is not a major player but they were selling cheap for a little while and the world took notice because of who they were. Flooding the market was an obvious exaggeration since they were selling roughly 50,000 barrels per day from July to October when the air strikes took that revenue stream away from them.

50,000 barrels per day is about .06 percent of total production. The point I was making is that all of these factors put together affects supply and demand, even if it's just perceived.

ISIS did affect the market from a political standpoint because of who they were and the publicity they were getting. Turkey produces about the same amount of oil that ISIS was selling. I doubt it would have much affect at all on world prices if Turkey started selling some reserves below market rates. We all know their reserves are minute compared to the reserves of OPEC or any of the top 20 oil producing countries.

Much less turmoil has caused the price of gasoline to rise or fall. Take hurricanes Katrina and Rita for example. The perception of a shortage was much greater than the reality but prices still went way up because we were convinced that the supply chain was in worse shape than it actually was. I remember driving around town looking for open gas stations to get gas for my generator. The ones that were open were having no problems getting fuel. There was usually a tanker unloading as all the pumps were running and another tanker parked down the street waiting for the first one to move. The only gas stations that I remember running out did so only because the tankers couldn't get to the station because of the traffic jams of cars lined up waiting for gas due to everyone's fear that we were going to run out. Did prices go up. Damn right they did. But it wasn't because of short supply it was because of a perceived shortage on the part of the consumer and suppliers taking advantage of it.
But the psychology of it is a factor.
No, ISIS was/is not a major player but they were selling cheap for a little while and the world took notice because of who they were. Flooding the market was an obvious exaggeration since they were selling roughly 50,000 barrels per day from July to October when the air strikes took that revenue stream away from them.

50,000 barrels per day is about .06 percent of total production. The point I was making is that all of these factors put together affects supply and demand, even if it's just perceived.

ISIS did affect the market from a political standpoint because of who they were and the publicity they were getting. Turkey produces about the same amount of oil that ISIS was selling. I doubt it would have much affect at all on world prices if Turkey started selling some reserves below market rates. We all know their reserves are minute compared to the reserves of OPEC or any of the top 20 oil producing countries.

Much less turmoil has caused the price of gasoline to rise or fall. Take hurricanes Katrina and Rita for example. The perception of a shortage was much greater than the reality but prices still went way up because we were convinced that the supply chain was in worse shape than it actually was. I remember driving around town looking for open gas stations to get gas for my generator. The ones that were open were having no problems getting fuel. There was usually a tanker unloading as all the pumps were running and another tanker parked down the street waiting for the first one to move. The only gas stations that I remember running out did so only because the tankers couldn't get to the station because of the traffic jams of cars lined up waiting for gas due to everyone's fear that we were going to run out. Did prices go up. Damn right they did. But it wasn't because of short supply it was because of a perceived shortage on the part of the consumer and suppliers taking advantage of it. Originally Posted by boardman
Post Katrina, Rita, etc., some stations didn't "run out", but they didn't have the electricity to pump what they had.
makes NBC Nightly News

http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/...lahoma-n261101

the owner of the 55 chain c store is my older brothers best friend, he flunk out of college, went into the Navy and to complete his degree he needed 6 hours of business classes for which I was taking also. I pull him through both classes and now he is a multi millionaire WTF!