Trump’s hijacking of the Fourth of July just got a lot uglier

Did anyone watch the parade today?

I was geared up in front of the tv with a lawn chair, tiki torch, confederate flag and a MAGA hat.

Merica.

The Mayor of LA brought Typhus and possibly the Bubonic plague to LA. Take a visit. Originally Posted by bambino
Yeah but you know Trump is going to want to take credit for it ...or at least blame Kaepernick.

I'm from Killeen/Ft. Hood. We always enjoyed military parades. When my dad was in the military all the families went and had a good time. I'm sure I'll enjoy tomorrows festivities. Jeeze, f you don't like it - don't fucking watch it. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
You miss the point Ms Ellen. Moreover, you state a false equivalence. The military is supposed to be politically impartial. I know you don't care but many active, retired and veterans do. Using the military as props for a political rally is inappropriate. Given the behavior of this President it is a reasonable expectation he will do just that.....hijack a national holiday and turn it into a political rally. If 45 follows his script then no harm no foul. If he makes it political then he will have crossed the line, broke with a long standing tradition and launched our Republic on a unilateral trajectory closer to a dictatorship. On the other hand, it might provide a perfect opportunity to cuddle and watch. I'm just saying!
Did anyone watch the parade today?

I was geared up in front of the tv with a lawn chair, tiki torch, confederate flag and a MAGA hat.

Merica.

Yeah but you know Trump is going to want to take credit for it ...or at least blame Kaepernick.

Originally Posted by JCM800
I don’t think the festivities start unt 6pm. And what does CK or Trump have to do with the disaster in LA? It’s liberals like you that are destroying great cities.
The only thing you do is eat hot dogs and not think about anything that Independence day is about so fuck off
Ugly as advertised.

I will admit that Ospreys are pretty cool to watch in flight.

Trump’s jerking off the military is shameful.
The only thing you do is eat hot dogs and not think about anything that Independence day is about so fuck off Originally Posted by Gotyour6
Who are you talking too??? What do you do with hotdogs?
Ugly as advertised.

I will admit that Ospreys are pretty cool to watch in flight.

Trump’s jerking off the military is shameful. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Nah, it was pretty cool. You’re shameful. Did you kneel?
Uhhhh, I'm not willing to accept those photos from the Cold War, IBH... that was 60 years ago. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Hahahaha... typical lame liberal response. Hmmm... in what year did it suddenly become taboo to include any military participation in these types of celebrations? Oh yeah... it was 2017!

Btw - trumpy came up with the idea after attending Bastille Day in Paris. That's France's Independence Day. The military pomp there was much more extravagant. Why don't any of our professional trump haters complain about that horrible fascist/militarist Emmanuel Macron?
You miss the point Ms Ellen. Moreover, you state a false equivalence. The military is supposed to be politically impartial. I know you don't care but many active, retired and veterans do. Using the military as props for a political rally is inappropriate. Given the behavior of this President it is a reasonable expectation he will do just that.....hijack a national holiday and turn it into a political rally. If 45 follows his script then no harm no foul. If he makes it political then he will have crossed the line, broke with a long standing tradition and launched our Republic on a unilateral trajectory closer to a dictatorship. On the other hand, it might provide a perfect opportunity to cuddle and watch. I'm just saying! Originally Posted by Whisky_1

What political rally? This was to honor the country and our military. The democrats announced that they would not participate. I blame the democrats for the only politics going on.
I blame the American education system in part. This is what happens when civics, government and American history is not taught in secondary schools.
I already made that complaint last week. Try some new material.
I already made that complaint last week. Try some new material. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
I don't really follow your delusional posts. On the other hand, I will say what I please, when and where I please IAW forum guidelines.
Just don't try to sniff my butt as you follow me around.
Just don't try to sniff my butt as you follow me around. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
Wow! That’s the second most awkward thing I’ve ever heard you say, bud.
If he makes it political then he will have crossed the line, broke with a long standing tradition and launched our Republic on a unilateral trajectory closer to a dictatorship. Originally Posted by Whisky_1
"Americans love our freedom, and no one will ever take it away from us..."
- President Donald J. Trump, 7/4/19

^^^ Gee, that doesn't sound like the rhetoric of a would-be dictator. You should listen more to trumpy's actual words and less to fake news MSNBC propaganda.