Married hobbyists- how do you fund your adventures on the sly?

I tell her I spent it on hookers. She accuses me of lying and spending it on pistols and online gambling and drinking.

So , I confess she is right.
I think you have already been busted but just don't know it yet... Women never ask questions like that without already having the answer first. I bet your SO's computer is wiped so clean you could serve dinner on it. JMHO

this took 7 seconds to find

duh.PNG

I pay for the hobby with side income that I simply don't tell her about. I also accept bitcoin for customers and that's been a real easy thing to hide. Turning bitcoin into cash is easy and never shows up on any bank statements. If she asks about how bitcoin's doing, I say, terrible. I'm losing my ass... Originally Posted by bizzly1001
Lots of good ideas here, I'll have to try some of these. At my Home Depot, it seems they always just give me a gift card with the value of the items on it. Also, how does the cash back thing work when you buy stuff at the store with credit card? Does that show up on your statement as a cash advance? In which case that wouldn't work for me. I have been going through the house lately looking for things I can sell on craigslist lately. I have bought a few hundred dollars of visa gift cards at target, the grocery store etc. (almost as good as cash) but girls are kinda skeptical and think I'm going to scam them. I can't blame them though, it does sound a little fishy. I think this would have a better chance of success with a regular, I just really love variety and rarely see the same girl twice.
I think you have already been busted but just don't know it yet... Women never ask questions like that without already having the answer first. I bet your SO's computer is wiped so clean you could serve dinner on it. JMHO

this took 7 seconds to find

Attachment 465616 Originally Posted by RandB fan
That's not compared to when I first bought bitcoins over $600, I'm not lying about that part. I just don't talk about any NEW bitcoin.
I totally get your point, but in my case my pay stubbs are electronic through a work website that I gave to change the password every 90 days. That, and my SO only knows how to spend money- not manage or keep track of or God forbid keep a balance....... Not an issue for me, but probably for those with paper Stubbs and wives who pay attention. I pay all the bills, and bring in 2/3 of the income.
I pay for the hobby with side income that I simply don't tell her about. I also accept bitcoin for customers and that's been a real easy thing to hide. Turning bitcoin into cash is easy and never shows up on any bank statements. If she asks about how bitcoin's doing, I say, terrible. I'm losing my ass... Originally Posted by bizzly1001

You mean you are losing it to ass!