Good places to eat in Vegas?

Nacho Daddy. Full plate of nachos and great local brew. "Never a dry chip"
  • Crock
  • 02-28-2019, 12:24 PM
Anyone been to firefly tapas? What is good there? Originally Posted by dallasfan
Take a date and go during happy hour (earlier is better to avoid the crowd). Order one of everything and a pitcher of sangria. It will be an amazing variety of great food, it will be difficult to finish, and it will be under $60 for both of you to walk out of there (yes, including a 20% tip).

If you're in a group, do the same thing, but then order more of what your group likes as needed. And another pitcher or two of sangria, of course.

Firefly is a great place for a great meal.
Tried some of the sugggestions at firefly.

I suggest going with a big group so you can order a lot of things to try. I tried about 12 dishes. Everything was pretty good. Not that impressed with the paella.

Chicken empanadas was good. Liked the scallops escorgots.

Really nice little place. Lotus is still my favorite though
Feel like such a glutten when I go to Vegas.

My favorites at lotus are....
Crispy garlic prawn. So good I eat the shell and all.
Nua yum KATIEM. It’s a beef dish with garlic
Crispy duck with panang sauce
Pad Thai.

khao soi is quite good too

Literally everything on the menu is good. This is definitely a restaurant you want to order a lot of dishes and share.

This is one of those continue tomorrow restaurants because you literally have to go back on back to back days to get through the everything good on the menu.

DO NOT

Thai restaurant Lotus of Siam in Chinatown, rated 4.5 on Yelp and 4.6 on Google, 620 E Flamingo Rd, Las Vegas, NV 89119.

https://lotusofsiamlv.com/dishes/

They are famous for many dishes but you MUST try this one:

KHAO SOI - Crispy duck served on a bed of egg noodles in a curry base sauce, garnished with sliced red onions, lime and pickled vegetables.

] Originally Posted by CG2014
Yes Sir, Lotus of Siam is the Bomb!

I only been there twice.

I would be in trouble if I lived in Vegas.

I will be there every day for lunch and dinner.

I don't go to Vegas very often:

I don't play the tables and the slots machines.

So I get bored quickly in Vegas.
Nam kao tod at LOS is the best I’ve ever had. Such a simple appetizer, but so well done.

https://lotusofsiamlv.com/dishes/