I'm very proud of The Mayor and Judge Hildago For Forcing Us To Wear Masks

just a comment. i dont follow local politics too much so i know little about Judge Hidalgo, but i think what happened in the midterms was the urbans and the suburbans were so fed up with trump that they just voted the straight dem ticket. (that's what i did, and for the same reason.) so if a blue dog had been running for the judge position, pretty sure a blue dog would have gotten elected.
Originally Posted by pxmcc

Hidalgo ran unopposed in the primary because the dems didn't think they had a chance against Ed Emmet. She was a throw away candidate. She rode the Harris county Betomania blue wave straight ticket vote into a narrow win over the incumbent behind a lackluster turn out by over confident Republicans.

Some way that if Emmet had just torn down the Astrodome like the citizens voted for he'd likely be managing Harris County with the same kind of leadership he managed it during several other disasters. Maybe
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 08:33 AM
Hidalgo ran unopposed in the primary because the dems didn't think they had a chance against Ed Emmet. She was a throw away candidate. She rode the Harris county Betomania blue wave straight ticket vote into a narrow win over the incumbent behind a lackluster turn out by over confident Republicans.

Some way that if Emmet had just torn down the Astrodome like the citizens voted for he'd likely be managing Harris County with the same kind of leadership he managed it during several other disasters. Maybe Originally Posted by boardman
he seemed pretty competent from what i saw. competence should trump party.
he seemed pretty competent from what i saw. competence should trump party. Originally Posted by pxmcc

He was a good leader but he had that damned emotional attachment to the Astro Dome that he couldn't get over. I do believe that played a part in his defeat along with Betomania.

On the second part of your statement:
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 01:03 PM
px.....everyone of your threads are about YOU and your opinions.

You have a need to be in the limelight just like sc and shine.

The subjects of most of your threads are politically based one way or another.

That's a hot bed and you know it is.

Thing about it is that it gets you the attention you always seek.

I don't understand that but ok. Originally Posted by tbone2u
that's because in my opinion, this election is the most important election of my lifetime. i don't know where to start on explaining how important it is to the rule of law, democracy, the military, the courts, the CIA, FBI, the country, fiscal health, our trade deficit, our budget deficit, everyone's health, and most importantly, health of our planet, that trump not get a second term, but that is where i'm coming from. i understand that many do not agree with me, but my goal is to get at least one person to think twice before pulling that lever for trump in november. at a minimum, we can have a respectful dialogue.
that's because in my opinion, this election is the most important election of my lifetime. i don't know where to start on explaining how important it is to the rule of law, democracy, the military, the courts, the CIA, FBI, the country, fiscal health, our trade deficit, our budget deficit, everyone's health, and most importantly, health of our planet, that trump not get a second term, but that is where i'm coming from. i understand that many do not agree with me, but my goal is to get at least one person to think twice before pulling that lever for trump in november. at a minimum, we can have a respectful dialogue. Originally Posted by pxmcc

so once again, you hijack someone else's thread and turn it into a political force-feeding of your tainted views (this time not for Pyramider).

Isnt repeated hijacking threads a pointable office ?

Where that modSquad be when you need them?

With your obvious and blatent disregard for the rules, maybe after they get finished with my trolls illicit drug reference, that they will git to your constant farting from the mouth about how bad this country is, yada yada yada...

Get over it already. I highly doubt you will sway enough people UiTB to make a difference come November.

Take your political shit to the political forum, where it belongs.

Lina Hidalgo- "Please wear a mask, it could save lives."

Republican logic- "HELL NO HELL NO! WHaT abOUt OuR RiGhTs AnD GUns"??

Trump- "Ingesting lysol and other disinfectants could save lives."

Republican logic- "WOOO HELL YEAH THAT'S MY POTUS YEAHHH MURICA!!"

Lol! #Facts

PS: Drumpf still has ODS! (Obama Derangement Syndrome)
^ from the wading pool. Whats wrong, do you get your ass handed to you in the political forum so much that you bleed over here with it ?

The force is strong with this one ^

What was that girls name again ?
^ from the wading pool. Whats wrong, do you get your ass handed to you in the political forum so much that you bleed over here with it ?

The force is strong with this one ^

What was that girls name again ? Originally Posted by TryWeakly
Bwuahahaha! Wasn't even fishing folks but looks like I caught me a big one. Hook line and sinker! Lol!

This made my day!

#HeBIGmad
#Owned
#ModTies
#Familia
#Rona
#ObamaDerangementSyndrome
#USAsoldier
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 03:10 PM
so once again, you hijack someone else's thread and turn it into a political force-feeding of your tainted views (this time not for Pyramider).

Isnt repeated hijacking threads a pointable office ?

Where that modSquad be when you need them?

With your obvious and blatent disregard for the rules, maybe after they get finished with my trolls illicit drug reference, that they will git to your constant farting from the mouth about how bad this country is, yada yada yada...

Get over it already. I highly doubt you will sway enough people UiTB to make a difference come November.

Take your political shit to the political forum, where it belongs.

Originally Posted by TryWeakly
try cut the crap. tbone made a point and i answered it. you're the troll in chief on this board.

at least i dont intentionally start shit like you do.
that's because in my opinion, this election is the most important election of my lifetime. i don't know where to start on explaining how important it is to the rule of law, democracy, the military, the courts, the CIA, FBI, the country, fiscal health, our trade deficit, our budget deficit, everyone's health, and most importantly, health of our planet, that trump not get a second term, but that is where i'm coming from. i understand that many do not agree with me, but my goal is to get at least one person to think twice before pulling that lever for trump in november. at a minimum, we can have a respectful dialogue. Originally Posted by pxmcc

Most important election in your lifetime? I've been hearing that shit since I turned old enough to vote. They're all important but it doesn't threaten our democracy. It makes a difference in some of the things you mention like military spending, court appointments etc. The rest is Chicken Little the sky is falling BS. The pendulum always swings back your direction eventually.

Remember "if you like your doctor and your health plan you can keep it"? or "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill"? How'd that work out for us. We're surviving. We always will.

You say you don't watch the news but you sure do have the MSDNC talking points down pat.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 03:21 PM
what would be really funny is if Pence came down with covid-19. what clown goes into a hospital right now without a mask on? if i break my leg, i would (try to) set it myself before i'd set foot in any damn ER right now..

i've been doing 3-4 hour walks every nite, and 2 days ago i happened to be on Main in the med center. i looked up at some of the hosp vents n thought, wtf am i doing here. i walked through some really random fields in rice u to get as far away from the med center as quickly as possible..
Lina Hidalgo- "Please wear a mask, it could save lives."

Republican logic- "HELL NO HELL NO! WHaT abOUt OuR RiGhTs AnD GUns"??

Trump- "Ingesting lysol and other disinfectants could save lives."

Republican logic- "WOOO HELL YEAH THAT'S MY POTUS YEAHHH MURICA!!"

Lol! #Facts

PS: Drumpf still has ODS! (Obama Derangement Syndrome) Originally Posted by USAsoldier

That's so ignorant it doesn't deserve a rebuttal.
A response calling it ignorant? Yes. Rebuttal? No.
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 03:40 PM
Most important election in your lifetime? I've been hearing that shit since I turned old enough to vote. They're all important but it doesn't threaten our democracy. It makes a difference in some of the things you mention like military spending, court appointments etc. The rest is Chicken Little the sky is falling BS. The pendulum always swings back your direction eventually.

Remember "if you like your doctor and your health plan you can keep it"? or "We have to pass the bill to find out what's in the bill"? How'd that work out for us. We're surviving. We always will.

You say you don't watch the news but you sure do have the MSDNC talking points down pat. Originally Posted by boardman
haven't watched the tube in 5+ years.

the biggest existential threat to our world right now imo is global warming, and the biggest threat to democracy in America right now, imo, is trump. he wants to turn america into a banana republic, the evidence suggests.

"you can keep your health insurance" is nothing compared to the lies told by our serial "prevaricator in chief."
" i understand that many do not agree with me, but my goal is to get at least one person to think twice before pulling that lever for trump in november. at a minimum, we can have a respectful dialogue."

Px...you just may be getting people to swing away from the way you want.
The same reasoning applies to why so many people have switched away from CNN and some of the others. People get tired of talking heads trying to lead them down a certain path. People aren't as stupid as the talking heads want us to believe. Think about that....that's what got Trump elected and it's what will get him re-elected.

10 bucks says you drive a Prius
  • pxmcc
  • 04-28-2020, 04:13 PM
" i understand that many do not agree with me, but my goal is to get at least one person to think twice before pulling that lever for trump in november. at a minimum, we can have a respectful dialogue."

Px...you just may be getting people to swing away from the way you want.
The same reasoning applies to why so many people have switched away from CNN and some of the others. People get tired of talking heads trying to lead them down a certain path. People aren't as stupid as the talking heads want us to believe. Think about that....that's what got Trump elected and it's what will get him re-elected.

10 bucks says you drive a Prius Originally Posted by tbone2u
i should drive a Prius, but i couldn't pass up a Camry stick shift with 20k miles on it. before that, for 2 years i did all my work gigs on a mountain bike. (true story.)

i'm not interested in telling people what to think, just to question what Politburo TV tells them.