New Private Forum Proposal

Hooray I am all for it I am in Arlington so of course I would like an Arlington area. When will this start?
  • M69
  • 01-08-2014, 01:32 PM
THN,

I think the idea is great. I am definitely a short notice guy and I live in North East Dallas so limiting the area will allow me to more easily find a good match. I can't count the number of times my research found someone I wanted to see but they were mid-cities or Ft Worth leading me back to the drawing board. PM me if I can be of assistance getting it going or maintaining it.

M69
  • h2046
  • 01-08-2014, 01:33 PM
Lewisville, Carrollton, Colony, etc, areas need to be in North, pls.
I respectfully disagree with the premise of where you are coming from (which I find to be increasingly cynical and somewhat 'projectionary' especially with regard to the "mutual admiration fan club" Originally Posted by thathottnurse
No cynicism here...just a reality check. If you want to avoid confrontation and/or differences of opinion AND maintain civility (on the internet, not where somebody could actually poke you in the nose) you pretty much have to limit the place, in your own words, to "like minded individuals". If you're looking for affirmation, you seem to have it in droves. If you want a place where ads have locations, the short notice list is self policing and nobody will start a fat ho discussion thread, you have page after page of attaboys. So now what? It's a great idea. Where are we on implementation?
Hopefully, one of the Fort Worth boys will chime in soon, but I suspect you'll need a North FW, West/SW/Downtown, and perhaps South/East.
No cynicism? I think its just cynical the way you answer ...
Confrontation? There's intelligent and respectful ways to have confrontation between NON like minded individuals without punching someone in the nose ... Do you want blood to be happy?
There's no need for it, but I guess some folks enjoy it thus other forums for that purpose ...
There can be started all the disrespectful or useless threads ... And mock and laugh ... there is a place and time for it ... not all the places and not all the time ...
You cant force your ideas on others like no one can force you to be civil if you choose not too ... But you seem to be trying tho ...
My 2 cents

No cynicism here...just a reality check. If you want to avoid confrontation and/or differences of opinion AND maintain civility (on the internet, not where somebody could actually poke you in the nose) you pretty much have to limit the place, in your own words, to "like minded individuals". If you're looking for affirmation, you seem to have it in droves. If you want a place where ads have locations, the short notice list is self policing and nobody will start a fat ho discussion thread, you have page after page of attaboys. So now what? It's a great idea. Where are we on implementation? Originally Posted by phildo
  • Rehke
  • 01-08-2014, 02:58 PM
How about we define "like-minded individuals" as those willing to agree to hold a civil discourse and treat each other with respect and dignity regardless of differing opinions on whatever topic is being discussed?

Beyond that, I'd prefer to hear honest and complete differences with my way of looking at things. Yeah, agreement is great to confirm some things, but I also like to hear disagreement or alternative viewpoints that make me consider other angles and approaches to a topic.

No cynicism here...just a reality check. If you want to avoid confrontation and/or differences of opinion AND maintain civility (on the internet, not where somebody could actually poke you in the nose) you pretty much have to limit the place, in your own words, to "like minded individuals". If you're looking for affirmation, you seem to have it in droves. If you want a place where ads have locations, the short notice list is self policing and nobody will start a fat ho discussion thread, you have page after page of attaboys. So now what? It's a great idea. Where are we on implementation? Originally Posted by phildo
THN i think this a great idea. I think alot of ladies will make use if not for the simple fact it's another advertising venue. As for the discussion portion eh whatever either way lol, from a hobbyist perspective more pics and less discussion the better. Good luck all the way Originally Posted by Thatdude
Thanks Thatdude!

Count me in! a FBSM forum is needed as well as short notice. thanks for taking the initiative. Originally Posted by walter25
Thank you walter25! I hope the fbsm ladies contact me or post here in order to get screened and get an invite! Hoping to have as many ladies as possible!! As long as ladies have a good and verifiable history with their clients there is absolutely no reason why the additional opportunities to post more ads wouldn't be available.

Hooray I am all for it I am in Arlington so of course I would like an Arlington area. When will this start? Originally Posted by tucson
I'm working toward having providers invited by the end of next week so they may begin posting ads and then will get the gents in during the week thereafter.

THN,

I think the idea is great. I am definitely a short notice guy and I live in North East Dallas so limiting the area will allow me to more easily find a good match. I can't count the number of times my research found someone I wanted to see but they were mid-cities or Ft Worth leading me back to the drawing board. PM me if I can be of assistance getting it going or maintaining it.

M69 Originally Posted by M69
Thanks M69! I really hope it goes well! )

Lewisville, Carrollton, Colony, etc, areas need to be in North, pls. Originally Posted by h2046
I was wondering about that! Thanks h2046! I thought maybe Lewisville was too far west to be in the North area. Maybe a seperate area for Denton and Lewisville?

I am not trying to avoid differences of opinion. To the contrary, I hope there is a lot of differing opinions and information exchange. The point is it needs to actually be informative - not insulting or harassing.

Again, I'm sorry you feel that way.

How about we define "like-minded individuals" as those willing to agree to hold a civil discourse and treat each other with respect and dignity regardless of differing opinions on whatever topic is being discussed?

Beyond that, I'd prefer to hear honest and complete differences with my way of looking at things. Yeah, agreement is great to confirm some things, but I also like to hear disagreement or alternative viewpoints that make me consider other angles and approaches to a topic. Originally Posted by Rehke
Agreed! Thank you, Rehke.

Confrontation? There's intelligent and respectful ways to have confrontation between NON like minded individuals without punching someone in the nose ... Do you want blood to be happy?
There's no need for it, but I guess some folks enjoy it thus other forums for that purpose ...
There can be started all the disrespectful or useless threads ... And mock and laugh ... there is a place and time for it ... not all the places and not all the time ...
You cant force your ideas on others like no one can force you to be civil if you choose not too ... But you seem to be trying tho ...
My 2 cents
Originally Posted by DarthDVader
In phildo's defense (not white maidening here since i've never met him but), he is known for being pretty cynical. I do appreciate his posture on this thread though, he's managed to keep the insults down while still interacting on the thread, which exemplifies nature of the forum. Thank you phildo.
My 2 cents
You know, Darth you're one of those guys, we could give you an enema and bury what was left over in a shoe box. You take things at their most literal and turn them inside out. I asked for no blood, I euphemistically implied that the internet was a great place for snipers. Besides the fact that you write like a fucking ESL casualty and think everybody gives a fuck about your boorish commentary and narrow minded reading of other's posts, you managed to totally misconstrue MY posts. Is it because you have to bring everything down to your level or what? Where have I forced an idea here? Where have I been disrespectful to anything but the notion that fairy dust and a group hug will make this happen? Are you so fucking dense you want reality to take a vacay so you can call me cynical for asking "where's the beef?" Unless you have something useful to say stop drooling on my posts. Sweet Baby Tebow.

Back on track, I still say this is a great idea. Where are we on implementation? If you really need help, outline a plan and off we go. Otherwise wake me up when the attaboys are over and it's time to go to work.
You know, Darth you're one of those guys, we could give you an enema and bury what was left over in a shoe box. You take things at their most literal and turn them inside out. I asked for no blood, I euphemistically implied that the internet was a great place for snipers. Besides the fact that you write like a fucking ESL casualty and think everybody gives a fuck about your boorish commentary and narrow minded reading of other's posts, you managed to totally misconstrue MY posts. Is it because you have to bring everything down to your level or what? Where have I forced an idea here? Where have I been disrespectful to anything but the notion that fairy dust and a group hug will make this happen? Are you so fucking dense you want reality to take a vacay so you can call me cynical for asking "where's the beef?" Unless you have something useful to say stop drooling on my posts. Sweet Baby Tebow. Originally Posted by phildo
Maybe I spoke too soon....sorry.

A lot a people agree that there can be differences of opinion without resorting to insults. The fact that you invest so much negative energy in insulting people who prefer more civil debate is beyond my comprehension. Which is one of the reasons the forum has the rules it does. If you don't like it you are more than welcome to start your own forum.
Hopefully THN can move forward with this, at the very least she can push for one part to get it started.

The php software allows for the creation of sub-forums within sub-forums so it is just a matter of sketching it out and then asking for it to be built.

As a caution, keep in mind that the 2 weekly ad forums here, Dallas and Ft Worth, were supposed to be used ONLY for providers who will BE in those areas, NOT for those who are willing to travel for an outcall. That option should be in their showcase or normal ad.

And the short notice thread was abused so much by those who just could not follow basic instructions that it was no longer allowed. And even in the requests right now, someone can be looking for a slender under 25 year old redhead in the Tollway and 121 area and providers of all ages, hair color and sizes who are no where near that location replied!

Meaning that moderation will be needed till those who can't follow the basics are not allowed any longer
You know Phildo, we can debate in other language if you can ... Can you debate in my native tongue?
But you just confirmed my point ...
You just got mad at my opinion and cant help yourself to not insult as your only resource ...
FYI, I have thick skin ...
Peace
DDV

You know, Darth you're one of those guys, we could give you an enema and bury what was left over in a shoe box. You take things at their most literal and turn them inside out. I asked for no blood, I euphemistically implied that the internet was a great place for snipers. Besides the fact that you write like a fucking ESL casualty and think everybody gives a fuck about your boorish commentary and narrow minded reading of other's posts, you managed to totally misconstrue MY posts. Is it because you have to bring everything down to your level or what? Where have I forced an idea here? Where have I been disrespectful to anything but the notion that fairy dust and a group hug will make this happen? Are you so fucking dense you want reality to take a vacay so you can call me cynical for asking "where's the beef?" Unless you have something useful to say stop drooling on my posts. Sweet Baby Tebow.

Back on track, I still say this is a great idea. Where are we on implementation? If you really need help, outline a plan and off we go. Otherwise wake me up when the attaboys are over and it's time to go to work. Originally Posted by phildo
The php software allows for the creation of sub-forums within sub-forums so it is just a matter of sketching it out and then asking for it to be built...

Meaning that moderation will be needed till those who can't follow the basics are not allowed any longer Originally Posted by LazurusLong
Thank you thank you thank you

Now, THN, STFU and get to work! You talk more than an over caffeinated 8th grader. You have things to do. Get after it!
You know Phildo, we can debate in other language if you can ... Can you debate in my native tongue?
But you just confirmed my point ...
You just got mad at my opinion and cant help yourself to not insult as your only resource ...
FYI, I have thick skin ...
Peace
DDV

I didn't get mad at your opinion, from I can tell you didn't really have one, you just shot off your mouth after misconstruing my post and it's intent. Something you are notorious for. As far as "insults" go, if the shoe fits wear it. I don't even want a damn debate, in fact there is nothing TO debate, nor have I asked for one. I have asked several times how this will be implemented. THN is our resident Don Quixote, so it is a valid question.Your skin and it's thickness is none of my concern. Your literal interpretive manner and it's thickness was.

THN, I'm beginning to think you're just pissed off over the whole fat ho thing, and that for some reason it's OK for your WK Darth there to totally misconstrue my meaning without a nod. If this is a real thing, I'm all for it. More than I have asked when work on this will start. I'm beginning to wonder myself. Somebody has to, right? Or we just gonna talk this thing to death?
Thank you thank you thank you

Now, THN, STFU and get to work! You talk more than an over caffeinated 8th grader. You have things to do. Get after it! Originally Posted by phildo
Answering questions and addressing concerns IS part of my job in getting this implemented right now phildo.