Why are guys afraid of P411 ?

Correct me if im wrong but...doesnt p411 dispose of the verification info once verified. Thats what I was assuming anyway. Please disregard if this has been posted...I was being lazy and skimming through the thread. Originally Posted by beezdat
Yes they do, and it's been confirmed by many guys over the years.

But it's still hilarious to me a guy will say he'd never give P411 info but think nothing of pulling up in their own car, meaning not only can their identity be found but proof can easily be given of their presence at the location at the time. Honestly if you don't want to use it or show ID or any of that, that's fine, but the idea that somehow you're anonymous is foolish. If the lady, or her friend, really wants to find out who you are, they can.
Dear, if its done right, you would never know.
Better yet, I'd be very wary of anyone who went and got a fake ID to hobby. I'd assume that they would have no good intentions... Originally Posted by brownsugarbaby
If the cops want to bust p411, it'll take more than just a local yokel wanting to take them down. Their entire operation is in Toronto, Canada where prostitution is legal (unless there is a pimp involved). So even if they get the Feds involved, they will find that p411 is not violating any Canadian laws. And Gina, for personal reasons, will not be coming to the USA - ever. I've used them since the beginning, and never, ever had any problem with them at all. In fact, it is rare that would ever see a provider not on p411. As to them requiring RW information, yes - they do, but then they destroy it as soon as you are verified. It doesn't get much safer than that.
If the cops want to bust p411, it'll take more than just a local yokel wanting to take them down. Their entire operation is in Toronto, Canada where prostitution is legal (unless there is a pimp involved). So even if they get the Feds involved, they will find that p411 is not violating any Canadian laws. And Gina, for personal reasons, will not be coming to the USA - ever. I've used them since the beginning, and never, ever had any problem with them at all. In fact, it is rare that would ever see a provider not on p411. As to them requiring RW information, yes - they do, but then they destroy it as soon as you are verified. It doesn't get much safer than that. Originally Posted by CharminEyes
Wow now thats one of the most informative posts i have ever read about P411, damn near deserves to be started on a new Thread! *Bravo*

I like how Canada doesnt tolerate pimping either... America needs to adopt the same attitude!
Correct me if im wrong but...doesnt p411 dispose of the verification info once verified. Originally Posted by beezdat
That is what people are told... I would say that it is probably true but if you sent that information electronically, it is out of your control: you do not really KNOW that for sure.

But nothing is completely safe from hackers. What about the information you leave on P411? If someone were able to link your P411 handle to you personally, they could have:
  • the phone number you use to book appointments
  • the dates and times of your appointment requests
  • a list of your "okays",
  • even your photo if you chose to post one

I personally think the benefits of P411 outweigh the risks, but don't be stupid and assume that all your information is destroyed just because some hobbyist says he heard "it has been confirmed several times". I have heard people say the same thing about the internet legend of the guy who was slipped a mickey at the bar and woke up the next morning with his kidney missing.

Be realistic...assume anything you send electronically leaves a trail and be smart about it. Be careful about what you put in your profile and delete your PM history, requests history etc.

and again..dont carry ID, and do not park where someone can see your plates.
There is always a risk, no matter how small. As yourself pointed out, there could be some exposure for the ladies if the site was hacked and all info was acccessed. The impact for most guys would be considerably less.

But, when compaired to how much easier it is to farm info from ECCIE, other sites, and other ways we expose our RL info, I still consider it well worth the small risk. At the level most of us play, its all about risk management. You cannot be in the hobby and not have some risk.

All I ask for is picture ID, and employment verification (Business card, Check Stub, etc.).
Originally Posted by brownsugarbaby
there is absolutely no reason that you need my picture ID and any employment verification. I am giving that to absolutely no one, or any internet business.
I have had issues with providers providing timely references but no way would I become a member of a site that took personal info on me.

I am not worried about it being busted. I dont trust people.

Technically it IS a requirement now but it did not start out that way. I have issues with it because it did not start out that way. I realize Gina says it has "always been" ...maybe she had that in mind to address something that became a problem some time in the future, but I never heard any mention of this rule until I had already been a member of P411 for several years.

I received my ID before P411 existed. . Originally Posted by yourself
I was a customer of PC before Gina opened P411 also.

I joined when she started, and she did ask for an ID number. What I remember was that you needed to supply 4 numbers on ANY kind of ID that you could show a provider if she asked. She did not care what kind of ID it was. You could cover up all other info on the ID and just show those 4 numbers. No picture needed. I have a social club membership card that I used the last 4 numbers of my member number as the last 4 for my P411 ID.

I have never had a provider ask to see those numbers on the ID.
P411? Is there any taint there?
I'm concerned about involving an unaffiliated third party in any activity between TWO consenting adults.
Looks like P411 might go the way of ECCIE with forums, chat rooms, reviews, etc.
Hmmmm....competition?
See Ginas clarification about new features in the other thread. No reviews, etc
Listen, I know in this crazy world that everyone is more concerned about getting busted.
BELIEVE ME..... I've had MORE THAN ONE scare in my 8 years of this BIZ.

However, P411 is always the comfort zone that I hope for when a client contacts me.
Screening is not what it used to be....and having P411 to fall back on is almost crucial to my initial impression of the hobbyist.

Lately....there have been A LOT of guys who are afraid to be a part of P411...because they say....they think P411 might get busted?
WELL....get real! How much more can the injury be if you are already hobbying? Seriously?

I'm just saying....why the fear ..... and not the foresight?
Quick screening....comfort level.....and all is good.

Thoughts anyone?

Torre Originally Posted by Torre Tames
Torre,
I agree with your assessment of P411 completely.
On our side, the chances of having a bad experience decreases considerably
on two fronts.
1. You are more comfortable thus increasing the opportunity for
a lasting memory.
2. I consider the ladies on p411 more selective and careful thereby making me
More comfortable as well.
The screening process takes care of itself. Those of us that are respectful have
Very little to worry about. I am glad the service is offered.
Yes, Well.... take a look at this thread.

I have to pat myself on the back and say "you go girl"!

I've been out of cahootz for a couple of years....and oddly enough, I checked out some of my old threads to get a refresh on Hobby subjects and the "then and now" questions.

There is good info in this thread. I'm still amazed, delighted and thankful for most of the responses.

This should go into the Hobbyist Educational Hall of Fame.

Hugs,
Torre
Well, thanks for yet another childish comment. You may be old and barely going, but you still haven't grown up. I hope I have a lot more class than you when I'm old... but, wait, I already do... Originally Posted by LickHer
It wasn't childish comment. It was a rationale comment, a recognition that you are working an agenda in obnoxious fashion. If you had made one post, saying that you personally don't see the value and don't use it, fine. But you keep posting and every post is an attempt to influence people that it's a bad deal. At this point, you're not affecting anyone's opinion about P411 (other than a few who already agree), but you certainly have affected a bunch of people's opinions about you. Not in a good way.