Which QB should the Texans Draft with the 1st Pick

So basically there were three moves out of #1 involving exceptional talent. See any exceptional talent in this draft?
So basically there were three moves out of #1 involving exceptional talent. See any exceptional talent in this draft? Originally Posted by BigLouie
According to a majority of pro scouts, Clowney.
After an extremely disappointing season people are re thinking
After an extremely disappointing season people are re thinking Originally Posted by BigLouie
He grades out as the best athlete to come into the NFL in years. That's just a fact. His body of his work will come into play, but it's more of what you can DO in the NFL instead of what you did. I'm pretty sure he will be the story at the combine. He won't last long in the draft. Atlanta or TB could trade up for him. Pass rushers are almost as coveted as QBs.
Here's a mock draft. Texans get Bridgwater and Manziel goes to Cleveland.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl-mock-dra...johnny-manziel
Lots of people think he is going to Cleveland
Oh man just to show how stupid McNair is he just was quoted in paper how if they draft Clowney first overall they will need JJ Watt to motivate him and improve his work ethic. That is a disaster waiting to happen. How did that idea work out with Sam Montgomery last year. Gil Brant already said he has issues and Sean Jones said he could be a bust. #1 picks should not need people to improve their work ethic
Same old shit
Looks like the masses are still rolling with "trade down" for more picks with JFF a close second...

Fuck it, I'm not undecided anymore...It's Clowney or bust for me.

Him and Watt coming from the same side???? Beast Mode!!!

As for his motivation or lack of...me thincks the brother was just trying to protect his "investment", once he gets paid it's over for QB's everywhere. I think I heard Watt say he'd LOVE to have him playing along side of him

Then again I've always been a "Defense wins championships" type of guy
I think Watt was still the best player in the league at his position, and we still lost 14 straight, adding a guy just as good as him, I'm not sure how much better that will make the team, if you look at all 4 teams that are left, all have the right guy at QB. i think we need to do whatever it takes to just find the right guy at QB.

I thought Jarvis Jones was gonna be the shit coming out of college, and he still might be, but D line players can only do so much I think.
The right QB isn't in this years draft IMHO

Also, I think Jones will have a breakout year, usually takes a year or two for LB's to learn Dick LeBeau's schemes
Yeah Don, You gotta get a decent Qb. I would not be opposed to a trade down if you only move a few places down. Some of those guys like murray and mettenburger could be good in the right system.
The right QB isn't in this years draft IMHO

Also, I think Jones will have a breakout year, usually takes a year or two for LB's to learn Dick LeBeau's schemes Originally Posted by DickEmDown
I agree with You on Clowney and Jones. Look a at the history of the SuperBowls. Defense usually wins it. Ask Tom Brady.
Who says you need to draft a QB #1 overall, let alone Round 1

Of the QB's left in the playoffs...

Peyton - #1 overall
Kaepernick - #36 Rd 2
Wilson - #75 Rd 3
Brady - #199 Rd 6

Kind of ironic too that Seattle (1) & San Fran (5) both have Def's that finished in the Top 5 this year with young QB's while the two future HOF QB's Def's were 19th (Den) and 26th (NE) respectively

One more thing...Peyton was the only one NOT drafted by a MLB team coming out
You will be 6 -10 if they draft clowney the secondary is terrible you will be lucky if they compete next year you need good key free agents too not just draft picks .but nobody want to come here