Gas and inflation affecting the hobby?

Chung you are correct, they are lip-synching anyway, but when they do sing now they’re horrible. Have you heard Vince Neil from Motley Crue lately, probably on YouTube. He’s awful now. Originally Posted by Finman22
I have, and yes, his vocals are really bad. I did read that Nikki Sixx threatened to dismiss Neil from the upcoming stadium tour, unless Neil lost 50 pounds. Apparently Neil took it seriously, and has shed 30 pounds. You can see that he is looking better. Unfortunately the voice can't diet itself back to the ''Shout at the Devil'' sound.

Lip-synching is a scourge, but I don't think average fans care, or notice. Roger Waters sells out every concert, but lip-synchs the entire show. ''Show'' being the operative word. Give fans a good light show, and you can put ''Dark Side of the Moon'' on a turntable playing behind the stage curtain. Most won't care.
I along with a large percentage of men have basically gone into monk mode. Unless the pussy just falls into my lap with little or no effort, today the juice just ain't worth the squeeze.

Between stupid draconian laws, a severe lack of feminine young attractive thin women, rudeness horrible service and bad attitudes, disfigured bodies and mental issues, entitlement and now pricing that is totally unjustified for what you're getting it's just a shit show from top to bottom and left to right just like our government.

For me personally when I add up the pros and cons this hobby makes no more sense and is simply no longer rewarding or fun.

It seems to have followed American society right into the gutter with no possible return to the glory days until their is an armed revolution and it all just burns to the ground.
Also, I’m in real estate and if you can get a 8ft ladder in a Hyundai I O whatever the fuck it is,, I’ll buy it tomorrow, lol Originally Posted by Finman22
Roof rack...(drops mic)
Roof rack...(drops mic) Originally Posted by ManSlut
Bahahahaha, Buddy we can debate this until the cows come home, but I need a truck to go out to the rural ranch properties, especially after it’s rained and there’s deep ruts in the dirt roads. Let me pick up your mic and give it back to you, LOL. But I like your thinking, I’m just not gonna spend 50K+ for a car just to hobby.
I along with a large percentage of men have basically gone into monk mode. Unless the pussy just falls into my lap with little or no effort, today the juice just ain't worth the squeeze.

Between stupid draconian laws, a severe lack of feminine young attractive thin women, rudeness horrible service and bad attitudes, disfigured bodies and mental issues, entitlement and now pricing that is totally unjustified for what you're getting it's just a shit show from top to bottom and left to right just like our government.

For me personally when I add up the pros and cons this hobby makes no more sense and is simply no longer rewarding or fun.

It seems to have followed American society right into the gutter with no possible return to the glory days until their is an armed revolution and it all just burns to the ground. Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Van-Go, totally agree. I think once I get a few more encounters under my belt, I will probably reduce my average from 4 a month (6 this month so far) to maybe just one, and that one better be smoking hot.

It seems to have followed American society right into the gutter with no possible return to the glory days until their is an armed revolution and it all just burns to the ground. Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
This ^^^.

As I have said, I do not mind paying more for better quality and a better experience (not gonna beg to spend my money tho), but those are virtually impossible to find, given the current environment mentioned above of "my shit don't stink" attitudes coupled with my trolls telling providers not to see me, when I find a unicorn, regardless of whether she is a member or not, there is no way in Hell I would review/give intel on her on here.

I am still seeing providers more than ever, but very few that a members here, OH2 or p411. Most of the ones I see are the dancers OTC, RMT/body rub girls that as far as I know, do not have an account on a whore board. And because they do not, then reviewing my experiences is not going to happen, especially with the nut cases on here.

The donation prices I pay are more than reasonable (inflation not an issue), especially given the time I get to spend with them.
In the not to distant future you'll be getting laid for a bag of groceries - CLICK HERE! Originally Posted by Vanilla Gorilla
Foolish is the person that only has one stream of income.
People don’t set prices. Markets do. If it’s too much, people won’t buy it. If people buy it, it’s not too much.
People don’t set prices. Markets do. If it’s too much, people won’t buy it. If people buy it, it’s not too much. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Oh look, we have Adam Smith on the Board!

Just joshing with you TTH.

But people who are voting Federal Reserve Members set interest rates, which are prices for money, which in turn affects what Markets can or will set as prices for other things.

But that is way beyond the scope of the discussion of Hooker pricing. Your post, however simplified, is much more useful
300 miles one way from Little Rock to Big D. Car gets 30mpg so 10 gallons each way. 20 gallons r/t @ $4 per is $80. I haven’t made the trip in 6 weeks and not sure when I will. But damn sure gonna visit LA, not take a flyer on a different studio with only promoters positive encounters…
  • BLM69
  • 03-20-2022, 06:55 PM
300 miles one way from Little Rock to Big D. Car gets 30mpg so 10 gallons each way. 20 gallons r/t @ $4 per is $80. I haven’t made the trip in 6 weeks and not sure when I will. But damn sure gonna visit LA, not take a flyer on a different studio with only promoters positive encounters… Originally Posted by Joebillybob
I would of found something locally and spent $10 in gas doing it, believe me when I say that I do this all the time 😂
I just saw a report on the news that shoppers are tired of these inflated prices and are holding off on purchases. They mentioned that Macy’s raised the prices of their mattresses and something else $100 and saw a decline in those items being sold and lost customers. Maybe a reduction in provider visits will result in a reduction in their inflated prices.

In 2013-- I could get a full set and a pedi for $60.
In 2022-- That same full set and a pedi runs me $85
That's a 41% increase

The house I rented in 2013 in DFW was $900/month.
It currently rents for $1650.
That's a 83% increase

If someone who charged $200 in 2013 were to charge $250 now-- that would be a 25% increase. While the actual dollar amount is more steep on the surface, from a percentage standpoint-- its much more nominal than the increases in other areas. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
This is where our good friend "Compound Annual Growth Rate" calculation comes into play. It's a stretch to think the pricing increases are static from start to end. Instead, the pricing would need to increase each year due to inflationary pressures.

Using your examples, a mani-pedi went from $60 in 2013 to $85 in 2022. This produces a CAGR of 3.5% each year. Rent, went from $900 to $1,650, which is 6.25% CAGR. In a perfect world, mani-pedi should have increased in price 3.5% and your rent should have gone up 6.25% each year. This doesn't happen in the real world, but you can see where this is going.

Using the Mani-Pedi model 3.5%, one hour in 2013 should be priced at $280 in 2022. The rent model of 6.25% would put that same hour at $365. Depending on the supply/service/looks, this is still in the ballpark (excluding tips, always )

BUT WHAT ABOUT SILVER? Good question. An hour in 2013 would have been 8.5 ounces of silver. Today, spending 8.5 ounces of silver would be $220 USD.

bottom line, it's never about the total amount of cash being spent, but the inherent value that's created, demand and availability of supply.
This is where our good friend "Compound Annual Growth Rate" calculation comes into play. It's a stretch to think the pricing increases are static from start to end. Instead, the pricing would need to increase each year due to inflationary pressures.

Using your examples, a mani-pedi went from $60 in 2013 to $85 in 2022. This produces a CAGR of 3.5% each year. Rent, went from $900 to $1,650, which is 6.25% CAGR. In a perfect world, mani-pedi should have increased in price 3.5% and your rent should have gone up 6.25% each year. This doesn't happen in the real world, but you can see where this is going.

Using the Mani-Pedi model 3.5%, one hour in 2013 should be priced at $280 in 2022. The rent model of 6.25% would put that same hour at $365. Depending on the supply/service/looks, this is still in the ballpark (excluding tips, always )

BUT WHAT ABOUT SILVER? Good question. An hour in 2013 would have been 8.5 ounces of silver. Today, spending 8.5 ounces of silver would be $220 USD.

bottom line, it's never about the total amount of cash being spent, but the inherent value that's created, demand and availability of supply. Originally Posted by bobbyb1234

Very true.

Likewise-- I'd like to kick myself in 2022 for not holding on to the 200 in Bitcoin I was paid in 2012.