Boxing Fans....a thread for us..

GGG called out anyone from 154 to 168 before calling out Floyd. Yes, Canelo and Cotto wouldn't bring as much as Floyd ( vs Berto ppvs were a flop) but it would still be his biggest payday. Who else can he fight at 160 that could bring that kind of $$$? At 168? Anyone?...
  • Trey
  • 10-22-2015, 02:29 PM
To tell you the truth I don't see myself buying another fight anytime soon. I am sick of seeing it go to the cards. I won't look past HBO or Showtime for my live fight championship bouts. Floyd and ggg is about the only thing that may make me open my wallet and even that is eehhh.
GGG called out anyone from 154 to 168 before calling out Floyd. Yes, Canelo and Cotto wouldn't bring as much as Floyd ( vs Berto ppvs were a flop) but it would still be his biggest payday. Who else can he fight at 160 that could bring that kind of $$$? At 168? Anyone?... Originally Posted by THE "U"
Canelo & Cotto both made these statements after the Saturday fight. I know Cotto has ducked G3 before but not sure what he used for the excuse(s).

To tell you the truth I don't see myself buying another fight anytime soon. I am sick of seeing it go to the cards. I won't look past HBO or Showtime for my live fight championship bouts. Floyd and ggg is about the only thing that may make me open my wallet and even that is eehhh. Originally Posted by Trey
I stream my fights. I fell asleep in the 2nd round of Gayweather's last fight. If it looks like it's going the distance I just up and leave. Rousey is the only person I pay to see. She's not intent on going the distance and I'm fine with that.
All G3 has to do is catch Gayweather with one or two punches to throw him off his game. If you watched the fight Saturday you could see that happened to Lemieux. That dude looked lost every time he sat in the corner until the ref called that fight. Originally Posted by Fishpie
I do agree that if GGG catches Mayweather with one of those power shots, he can really turn things around. I just think Mayweather's defense and running away might still be too much. Let's be honest, Lemeaux's defense was pretty terrible. GGG was landing that jab pretty much unimpeded all night.

De La Hoya was confident as fuck saying the winner of Cotto/Alvarez fight would fight the winner of G3/Lemieux. I wonder if that confidence is still there?

In Google, the main story is about G Cubed being a lackluster PPV seller. Shit, I'm sure with the way the sport has been disappointing fans the past fifteen years or so I don't blame people for not wanting to pay for someone they don't know about. Shit, going in with a 21 KO streak should've sold people that they were watching something good. Originally Posted by Fishpie
I didn't see the ppv numbers for the GGG fight, but I did hear that Madison Square Garden was sold out?

GGG is still building his name and reputation in the US so hopefully he'll stay on this current trend of getting more and more hype for him.
PPV numbers is around 150k buys and yes the MSG was sold out.
Canelo v Cotto numbers should be huge...
As always, they're all fleeing from GGG...
Where is the best place to catch the Cotto fight this upcoming weekend?
Ostioneria Michoacan,

Ojos Locos
Not much goes together better than boxing and oysters.
Anyone have any particular favorites on this one?

I'm not overly familiar with Cotto or Alvarez other than watching their last fights, but I tend to like Cotto less for all the time he's been ducking GGG.
They're both going to duck GGG after this fight so it makes it less appealing to watch. To answer your question I lean towards Alvarez.
Cotto, slight advantage with experience
Please, Canelo Alvarez all the way