If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?

Career, money and family are not concerns. This is YOUR fantasy!! Where would you live, and why?? Originally Posted by ClairJordan

Somewhere in Europe like Denmark or Sweden lol or in the far East like Tokyo.

Why.....um want to experience and live in a culture different than i'm used to
I love Paris, but I am here now, and it is FREEZING!!! I envy my friends back in LA... Originally Posted by BellaIsabella
How long will you be in Paris? I'm flying in from a week or so in Tuscany on Wednesday. Traveling with the new GF, so no hobby activities are possible, but I've been reading about the weather. Are the folks in town coping fairly well? I've seen the stories on air travel disruptions, etc. But noting at all on any other sorts of problems. I'd be interested to hear your perspective.
I would go back to Lake Como, Italy....one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, and would love to live there.....

Of all the places I've lived though, London is still my fav!
A brownstone in the West Village (that's New York City, for those who have never ventured out of upstate NY, lol), which would be my temporary main residence. An apartment in Paris (in the Ile Saint-Louis, perhaps, or Place des Vosges), which would probably soon become my definitive residence, as West Europe is still the place to be if you are interested in the Arts & Music (Well, Western Art, that is), and Paris is convenient to all other European destinations. Besides, its Paris. And finally, a manor - well, why be cheap: a castle, somewhere in a sparcely inhabited province of France, with vast forests around it, and a farm, inhabited not by "agriculteurs," but by "paysans" - should there be any of those left.

The ideal castle was built in the Middle Ages, was renovated during the Renaissance (a facade in the Italian style + windows) & had a new wing added during the Henry IV/Louis XIII period. Somehow, the mix of styles adds up to a coherent whole.

The farm would be rent-free but the farmers would have to keep me supplied with vegetables, fruits, lettuces, milk & eggs - preserves in winter - and maybe even, occasional meat. If pigs is what they breed my demands in meat won't be so bad, as no one who has seen how boudin is made really would care to eat it. Except the "paysans," that is.
In Ansley's Bedroom! However, if she is there, the short or long hair makes no difference. Ansley is, after all, Ansley. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Ansley is indeed Ansley and living in her presence would be a fabulous place to be. I do imagine she would tire of me rather quickly, however!

So, then I go try Becky's, then when she kicks me out, Carrie, Lauren, Clair....

Thanks for the excellent idea, CT!
How long will you be in Paris? I'm flying in from a week or so in Tuscany on Wednesday. Traveling with the new GF, so no hobby activities are possible, but I've been reading about the weather. Are the folks in town coping fairly well? I've seen the stories on air travel disruptions, etc. But noting at all on any other sorts of problems. I'd be interested to hear your perspective. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
What countries will you be visiting?

I have now officially moved to Paris, although I will return to the Bay Area where I am from to visit my family, and LA where I was living for four years. My husband who is a photographer has a friend whom he wants to share a studio with.

I think about a week or two before we arrived (according to my mother in law) they had a an usual amount of snow fall here in Paris, but by the time we arrived, it was not as bad. I have no experienced any travel problems first hand, but I have heard about them in the news.
Just Paris with a quick day trip to Beaune. Been in Tuscany for about a week now.
  • MrGiz
  • 12-27-2010, 12:53 AM
After extensive visiting, working, and playing on six continents....
Telluride , Colorado , USA!!
It is my "Magical Power Spot " !!

Giz
Just Paris with a quick day trip to Beaune. Been in Tuscany for about a week now. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Wow, how is the weather in Itay?
  • helen
  • 12-30-2010, 05:53 AM
can't decide between roma, london or lisboa. the yucatan in mexico for the winters, of course.
I've been fortunate enough to have enjoyed considerable time in Switzerland and Belize. Locally, I always find New Mexico as they advertise - Land of Enchantment. These locales offer scenery, relaxed pace of life and a rich cultural experience with my favorites - women & food.
I still somewhere in Europe, its so easy to easy to go from country to country in a matter of hours.
  • Linus
  • 12-31-2010, 06:56 AM
Mont. Tremblant & Montreal summers, Heidleburgh in the fall and spring, Christianstead, St. Croix USVI winters
  • 01-01-2011, 02:23 AM
Like Natalie I grew up in “The City” and still have a home their. With Napa, Monterey, the beach, Tahoe all being within 1-4 hours away San Fran is an ideal place plus all of my family lives there.
My choice would be to live in the City from June-October than live in Monte Carlo or Bali the rest of the year.
Key West, Florida.