The Price of Eggs

• Devo
  • 09-27-2024, 04:50 PM
Just drop the bullshit claims, its clear inflation is killing the working poor and middle class in this country.

If you don't see the inflation, its because you are rich enough not to care, or, on the dole and getting shit for free.

Gasoline, look at the pumps, 1.86 a gallon is what I paid under Trump, Beaver PA, the lowest of his term.

My work truck took less than 70 bucks to fill, under Shitty pants, lets try almost 2.5 x higher.

BTW, I know the local small business owner that Trump met, one of the things they always had a niche on, was their meat and its pricing.

I was getting Porterhouse steaks there for 3.99 a pound under Trump, today, its about double for them, same with NY Strips, under 4 bucks, now averaging 8 bucks, and thats still a good price, I see Shop and Save and GE, for over 10 on average, a year ago, at GE, prime strips were 21.00 a pound, at the same time Filets were 32 bucks a pound.

The reason I know those prices, is, that a guy I take to get food from a food bank had right off the shelf, frozen strips and filets in a food bank box, that were donated by GE.

You think those fuckers aren't writing every dollar of that 32 bucks a pound for meat that was at the end of its shelf life?

They were, they had labels marking them down as "Managers Special" with a 2nd lower price tag on them.

Last day to sell by, they get frozen and donated, for top dollar I'm sure.
Just drop the bullshit claims, its clear inflation is killing the working poor and middle class in this country.

If you don't see the inflation, its because you are rich enough not to care, or, on the dole and getting shit for free.

Gasoline, look at the pumps, 1.86 a gallon is what I paid under Trump, Beaver PA, the lowest of his term.

My work truck took less than 70 bucks to fill, under Shitty pants, lets try almost 2.5 x higher.

BTW, I know the local small business owner that Trump met, one of the things they always had a niche on, was their meat and its pricing.

I was getting Porterhouse steaks there for 3.99 a pound under Trump, today, its about double for them, same with NY Strips, under 4 bucks, now averaging 8 bucks, and thats still a good price, I see Shop and Save and GE, for over 10 on average, a year ago, at GE, prime strips were 21.00 a pound, at the same time Filets were 32 bucks a pound Originally Posted by Devo
I doubt the few here that don’t get it are rich. Or smart. It’s black and white. Numbers don’t lie. Eggs, and everything else is more expensive.
Saying a dozen eggs cost $4 when you're in front of eggs cost $2.99 a dozen isn't a bullshit claim. It's a fact check if you're dumb enough to do it. JV's self-snitching.

Thanks guys!
Saying a dozen eggs cost $4 when you're in front of eggs cost $2.99 a dozen isn't a bullshit claim. It's a fact check if you're dumb enough to do it. JV's self-snitching.

Thanks guys! Originally Posted by HDGristle
How many times do people have to explain to you that there were eggs priced at 3.99 in the video before you get it???????

DUH
There were. But there were also $2.99 eggs

He's got that Thiel money though so he can splurge more than most. And buy 30 packs

Leave it to JV to show that he's out-of-touch when trying to show that he's not.

BWAHAHAHAHA

#pricecheckintheggaisle
There were. But there were also $2.99 eggs

He's got that Thiel money though so he can splurge more than most. And buy 30 packs

Leave it to JV to show that he's out-of-touch when trying to show that he's not.

BWAHAHAHAHA

#pricecheckintheggaisle Originally Posted by HDGristle
You’re wrong Mr Gristle, JD was right Mr Gristle. But, you’re almost always wrong Mr Gristle.

Blah Blah Blah BLAH!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI7wx4SzUZ0

She says he ignored the evidence right in front of him. And sadly we can all see he ignored the evidence right behind him

#2.99isnt4dollhairs
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day because I love eggs and they’re good for you. I don’t care how much they are

All Benedicts prepared on a Toasted English Muffin topped with Hollandaise Sauce - Served with Home Fries
FLORENTINE BENEDICT $11.95
Two poached eggs and spinach.
EGGS BENEDICT $11.95
Two poached eggs and Canadian bacon.
NOVA SCOTIA BENEDICT $14.95
Two Poached Eggs and Nova Scotia Lox
GREEK BENEDICT $12.95
Two Poached Eggs and Gyro Meat - Home Fries are topped with our House Made Tzatziki Sauce

The Greek Benedict is the bomb at the Central Diner. But it’s more expensive today than 2020. Those aren’t current prices. Cost of eggs has doubled!!!! Originally Posted by bambino

The cost of eggs hasn't doubled. You've been offered proof. What you are saying is bullshit.

But that menu is pretty extensive. You eat like that every day? You're very overweight aren't you?
The talking points are all bullshit. Literally nothing has doubled in cost, other than temporarily due to Covid (it's all back down now). Nothing is "double" now in 2024 than it was in 2019. Nothing.
I'd love to know the name of the place selling porterhouse steaks for 4 a pound.

And well I don't offer many kudos, that was nice of you to take that person to the food bank. I think one of the nicest things you can do for people to make sure they have good food to eat, and looking out for your fellow man. That was nice of you to do.

I was getting Porterhouse steaks there for 3.99 a pound under Trump, today, its about double for them, same with NY Strips, under 4 bucks, now averaging 8 bucks, and thats still a good price, I see Shop and Save and GE, for over 10 on average, a year ago, at GE, prime strips were 21.00 a pound, at the same time Filets were 32 bucks a pound.

The reason I know those prices, is, that a guy I take to get food from a food bank had right off the shelf, frozen strips and filets in a food bank box, that were donated by GE.

You think those fuckers aren't writing every dollar of that 32 bucks a pound for meat that was at the end of its shelf life?

They were, they had labels marking them down as "Managers Special" with a 2nd lower price tag on them.

Last day to sell by, they get frozen and donated, for top dollar I'm sure. Originally Posted by Devo
The talking points are all bullshit. Literally nothing has doubled in cost... Originally Posted by tommy156
When it comes to eggs, you're right, tommy.

According to the Tex-Mex Mom, the price of eggs at Walmart didn't DOUBLE between 2020 and now.

In her case, the cost of eggs MORE THAN TRIPLED!

Here's her video. Go to 5:25 where she explains... 2 dozen eggs at Walmart now cost her $5.36 - versus $1.68 four years ago!

Watch the entire video, though. Tex-Mex Mom mentions lots of other grocery items that have DOUBLED in price.

So you're wrong, tommy.

You shouldn't make silly blanket statements like "Literally nothing has doubled in cost..."

Unlike you, the Tex-Mex Mom is actually tracking this stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8aW21Rab0A
The cost of eggs hasn't doubled. You've been offered proof. What you are saying is bullshit.

But that menu is pretty extensive. You eat like that every day? You're very overweight aren't you? Originally Posted by Laugh-riot

if you say so
According to the Tex-Mex Mom, the price of eggs at Walmart didn't DOUBLE between 2020 and now. Originally Posted by lustylad
Damm bird flu. Right up there with the citrus blight that's driving up prices for my OJ.

Between COVID, the bitd flu and citrus blight our breakfasts are fucked. She tracking those impacts?

Mebbe we should send her some $2.99 dozens of eggs.
Damm bird flu. Right up there with the citrus blight that's driving up prices for my OJ.

Between COVID, the bitd flu and citrus blight our breakfasts are fucked. She tracking those impacts?

Mebbe we should send her some $2.99 dozens of eggs. Originally Posted by HDGristle

Eggs did go up to crazy prices when there was an outbreak of bird flu... because of supply and demand. They had to euthanize some 25% of all the chickens in the farms because of it. No shit eggs and even chicken went up in price. But it is all back down, because it is under control

But yeah. Vance said that eggs are 4/dozen right now. No, not true. Not true when eggs were on sale for 2/dozen right there.
No Ona. There was a resurgence recently which drove a 28% jump again.

That's on Kamala, right? Like the citrus blight that's ravaged domestic orange production for years?

I didn't blame W for thar. Or Obama. Or Trump. And yet it continues to lead us to record low production and makes my breakfast staple more expensive.

Is that a driver for inflation?

I know all that root cause crap is hard to fit into a blame game sound bite while campaigning. Why JV should have taken a different tactic and done a little scouting ahead of time. Unless it was off the cuff. Then he should have turned around for 2 seconds and looked at the tags