Stimulus checks

HF, here's a scenario relevant to me, and probably millions of others.

Receiving social security. Substitute teacher earning about $100 a day. Potential loss of maybe $5,000 if schools are in fact closed for the year.

Should that person, in your opinion, receive the $1200 virus check?

The same question can be asked for someone receiving a pension and getting laid off from a job they are working for extra income. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Let me clarify. If you were "working" and lost your job because of this virus crisis, YES, you should be compensated but only at the level you were earning. Nobody should end up making more from this than they were making before this. Assuming this person had already filed their tax return as I did and assuming they claimed that extra income from teaching, the IRS would be reasonable in assuming that they most likely lost that job as opposed to my return which would have shown no extra income from a job but of course this would take time to figure out but I'll bet some smart person could write an algorithm that could kick out persons declaring income over and above a SS or pension check.

If I'm understanding this right, people on un-employment could receive an additional $600 more than they were getting before this? Why? If there shouldn't be any raises given to employee's still working at companies/ corporations from the bailout money, why should anybody get more money from this than they were getting before?

That's my biggest objection to this, the one size fits all regardless of the circumstances. We have to be more fiscally responsible.

Still waiting to see the "this shouldn't be in this bill" list like $25,000,000 to the Kennedy center and money to the Smithsonian and $350,000,000 given to organizations like Catholic Charities for the specific purpose of helping illegals "resettle" in this country. This isn't the time for either of those and I'm sure plenty of other things having nothing to do with compensating those who have lost a job and income through no fault of their own or their employer's.

Money to illegals. What could be a bigger slap in the face to working Americans? But that's the Democratic party so if you feel that anybody entering America illegally should be compensated just like a now un-employed American citizen, go for it.
Let me clarify. If you were "working" and lost your job because of this virus crisis, YES, you should be compensated but only at the level you were earning. Nobody should end up making more from this than they were making before this. Assuming this person had already filed their tax return as I did and assuming they claimed that extra income from teaching, the IRS would be reasonable in assuming that they most likely lost that job as opposed to my return which would have shown no extra income from a job but of course this would take time to figure out but I'll bet some smart person could write an algorithm that could kick out persons declaring income over and above a SS or pension check.
Originally Posted by HedonistForever
What you are suggesting is almost impossible from a time standpoint. Can you imagine going into all tax returns filed (yes, our's have been filed) and look at where the income came from and, if filed jointly, how much is allocated to each of the two filers? And have this done in the 2-3 weeks before checks are sent out?
And have this done in the 2-3 weeks before checks are sent out? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
nobody is getting a check that fast.. not going to happen.
nobody is getting a check that fast.. not going to happen. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
How the fuck do you know?
How the fuck do you know? Originally Posted by bambino
I'm in charge Bambi.. how the fuck do you sleep at night?
I'm in charge Bambi.. how the fuck do you sleep at night? Originally Posted by Chung Tran

So post if you are above the 99k cut line. that's what i've seen it reported. means i make tooooo much money to see 1 dime. so .. Trump should increase that fiat fed float double down!! make it 5 TRILLION.

yep! buy them votes with cash President Trump.

BAHHAAAAAA
Will Americans receiving $1,200 stimulus checks ..... Originally Posted by Sienna91
.... U.S. taxpayers in 2019/2018 get a check ... to a max of $1,200
Will Americans receiving $1,200 stimulus checks ..... Originally Posted by Sienna91
.... U.S. taxpayers in 2019/2018 get a check ..to a max of $1,200

PissLousy didn't read it either, so don't feel bad.
I'm in charge Bambi.. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
.... I'll let you know when I get mine.
.... U.S. taxpayers in 2019/2018 get a check ..to a max of $1,200
Originally Posted by LexusLover
Plus non tax paying spouses getting a max of $1200, and throw in an additional $500 per child under 17. Not sure what date they are using to determine that.

And I guess it's going to reconcile with your 2020 return, so I'm not sure how qualifications might change when filing that return. Will 2020 income reconcile and you could owe back? Or if you had a child since whichever return was used to filing, will you get credit for them, or potentially lose credit for a child crossing 17. Some major unknowns in how this all reconciles.
nobody is getting a check that fast.. not going to happen. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
What I heard yesterday is that the goal is to have direct deposits around April 8th.

I'll let you know when mine is deposited.

The checks are coming.

One-time payments of up to $1,200 should start going out in the next three weeks to most Americans who file individual tax returns, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says. Those who file joint tax returns will get up to $2,400.
What I heard yesterday is that the goal is to have direct deposits around April 8th.

I'll let you know when mine is deposited.

The checks are coming.

One-time payments of up to $1,200 should start going out in the next three weeks to most Americans who file individual tax returns, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin says. Those who file joint tax returns will get up to $2,400. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Those who filed with direct deposit, will be the first to see a check. If you are having the check mailed to you and haven't filed your return yet, good luck!
What you are suggesting is almost impossible from a time standpoint. Can you imagine going into all tax returns filed (yes, our's have been filed) and look at where the income came from and, if filed jointly, how much is allocated to each of the two filers? All married couples filing jointly get the same amount, nothing to figure out And have this done in the 2-3 weeks before checks are sent out? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Of course I am no expert but for those who have already filed, how hard could it be to write an algorithm looking for singles under $75,000, married under $150,000 ( which they already have to do anyway, right? ), who filed a w-2 suggesting they had a job? I would think it could be done in a matter of days. Still wouldn't be all I wanted since not everybody who filed with a W-2 lost their job but at least people like me who did not file a W-2 indicating that I was not working and therefore could not have lost a job, would be excluded.

I had my income tax check in the bank, direct deposit filed electronically within 3 weeks of filing.
Trump huggers need a big bailout
so if I got a 500 refund in direct deposit in 2019 tax return, i'd be getting 700 in there?