This Lab puppy is starting to growl.

I think the Squirrel may have grounds for a civil action - of course there are plenty of professionals on here to assist in THAT task - for both Squirrel and Ansley! And Ed and Becky, too - we all know how these things spread!

Originally Posted by topguntex
Maybe TTH can take on this case pro-bono
Becky
You may wish to double-check with your vet but there are kennel owners in my past and I can tell you that beef knuckle bones will not shatter or splinter and are safe for dogs. Fowl, ham, pork, and smaller, less dense beef bones can do the above and should never be given to a dog.
As PJ said, rawhide is the safest of all.
As PJ said, rawhide is the safest of all. Originally Posted by John Bull
So DG, do you have any tips for taking care of pets?
Feed squirrels raw nuts?
So DG, do you have any tips for taking care of pets? Originally Posted by Ansley
Yup, don't have any. If I was ever on Becky's bucket list I probably just made the quickest move ever to a gals DNS list
Thank you for your very sweet thoughts. It really does mean a lot to us.Edward is back to near normal today. He is being abnoxous , and threw a tantrum when he noticed that all of his bones are no longer in his toy box. It feels so good to have my tyrant back.

Just how old is Ed? Both in real years and the equivalent in dog years.
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Hi Charles , Edward is a very sturdy 8 in dog years.In human years according to his weight he is in his mid fifties.Oddly enough Edward is the same age as most of my clients.

Tonight everyone can wear tiaras, chew dog biscuits (not bones), and chase squirrels and cats!! Our blessings to you two!!! Please don't ever keep us in the dark about Ed (or you!). Originally Posted by SR Only
Thank you SR, Ed especially likes the part about chasing Squirrels.

Becky as you know I have already communicated my concern for Edward. Now what I want to know is, when can the squirrel start back to annoying Edward? Originally Posted by Ansley
Oh geez I forgot to mention that aside from the pieces of bone they also found an entire Squirrel in his tummy. It showed up perfectly on his xray.Hey Ans have you seen Tanny around recently ?

Sorry for your loss, Lily. I know how much it still hurts. Originally Posted by topguntex
That goes triple from us Lily.I knew about your loss,but did not know how it happened. I felt so bad when I read your post. I know what a nightmare it is. and how helpless it makes you feel.

Surprised the Squirrel doesn't have a web page yet. Originally Posted by discreetgent
I heard a rumor that the Squirrel has hired the lovely professionals of Iblue to design his web site.It seems that the poor fellow has been suffering from some kind of identity crisis, some days he thinks he is a dog, others a rodent. So the kind hearted geniuses at iblue have offered to help reinvent his image . From now on he will be known as Manny the flying Squirrel.

Becky
You may wish to double-check with your vet but there are kennel owners in my past and I can tell you that beef knuckle bones will not shatter or splinter and are safe for dogs. Fowl, ham, pork, and smaller, less dense beef bones can do the above and should never be given to a dog.
As PJ said, rawhide is the safest of all. Originally Posted by John Bull
I was actually giving him those large beef marrow bones that they sell at most pet food stores. I think that for most dogs they are safe, but Ed has such a strong jaw he could break me in two if he ever felt like it. I have decided to stick with bully sticks( bull penises) He really loves those things,, and Santa always brings him a three footer for Christmas.

I have heard that Rawhide bones as well as Greenies can cause a blockage in some dogs so have always avoided them Aside from penises Ed also likes to eat Busy bones,dental bones,and Jumbones.So we still have plenty of options if he will ever forgive me for throwing out his bone collection.