Happy Confederate Heroes Day

I agree! I actually feel more sorry for people who may have to sit around and listen to this racist, hateful bullshit tied to your special day
You didn't even try to refute or make any argument to bolster your point.

You have no clue what hate is.

Too bad you don't use that time you waste, feeling sorry for me, to follow your own advice and google the subject of the OP.

No hope for some of these folks hate. I feel sorry for you! Originally Posted by winn dixie

You have no clue what hate is

Originally Posted by VerySkeptical

Sure he does.
I don't think he does. He pretends his lame-ass issues and anything else he can't defend or articulate his opposition to falls into his "hate category".

He'll sputter and blather out a response that wouldn't make sense even if hate was involved.

Sure he does. Originally Posted by TechPapi
I proved my point! Take away our freedoms under the lame guise of racism. Thatll get whatever canceled in this culture today eh'?
That shit is getting old and folks realize it!
Freedom to harm others?
Freedom to harm others? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Not the Southern way!

However that is what antheifa and blm does! Riots and looting. Remember!
Jesus. You must be a transplant.
Happy belated Confederate Heroes day 2023!

It was a glorious day
Happy belated Confederate Heroes day 2023!

It was a glorious day Originally Posted by winn dixie

welcome back cuddly rascal

was offered a high level command in the UNION Army, declined. could have been the Commanding General of the UNION Army.

became Commanding General of the Virginia Army of the Confederacy.

He did so to defend Virginia, not about defending slavery.

Robert E. Lee could have been Patton in a different War.

Thor calls Rocket "Rabbit" lol

In Texas this holiday is celebrated on General Lee's birthday.

A reminder to the detractors..... Of how respected and loved the General was---

When the General surrendered and left the courthouse. The union let him keep his weapons and all Troops Saluted as he mounted his horse and rode off.

This was a Great Man!
The great men were the Union leaders and troops who fought to defend the Constitution of the US, defeated the insurgents and were magnanimous enough to allow a graceful surrender and provide at least a meager means for the defeated to make a living by retaining their guns and horses...vital necessities at the time.

Dixie did not Winn, Dixie Lost. The defenders of the US Constitution prevailed. There is no more need to idolize the leaders of the the Confederacy than to idolize the leaders of other wars engaged against the USA.

When the General surrendered and left the courthouse. The union let him keep his weapons and all Troops Saluted as he mounted his horse and rode off.
Originally Posted by winn dixie
I wish folk would read about history fore injecting they opinion!

Grant AND the union soldiers respected this great man immensely. These men knew of his integrity and loyalty. This was heart felt! Not sympathy.
They saluted the MAN because they knew of his greatness!

In todays time. We celebrate Southern values and heritage! Which is very different than the industrialized asphalt cities. We dont care about race. In fact many people of all races are considered and included in the true Southern values we live!
Race plays no part in our ways of life!
Anyways... A belated Happy Confederate heroes day to all!
Somehow, I feel that is not the man nor "southern" values being celebrated in regards to Confederate Heroes. Perhaps we should celebrate WWII Japanese and German heroes as well.
Thor calls Rocket "Rabbit" lol

This was a Great Man! Originally Posted by winn dixie
For all the years i've lived here, never seen it celebrated.

...but there is a big get together downtown for the WWE today.