Any liberal gonna condemn the actions in Montgomery

To be fair it seems the point of the OP is to look for any sliver of a reason to have black people charged with hate crimes. That effort led to others chiming in claiming that a hate crime is not even possible.

I agree that if something is a hate crime for one, then the reverse is also a hate crime. What I do not agree with is the idea of charging someone differently as some sort of settling of a score.
To be fair it seems the point of the OP is to look for any sliver of a reason to have black people charged with hate crimes. That effort led to others chiming in claiming that a hate crime is not even possible.

I agree that if something is a hate crime for one, then the reverse is also a hate crime. What I do not agree with is the idea of charging someone differently as some sort of settling of a score. Originally Posted by DNinja69

which is the point of the thread .. that racism only exists in whites ignoring the racist history of blacks.

but you knew that, right? the racism of blacks are their own failings, yes?
which is the point of the thread .. that racism only exists in whites ignoring the racist history of blacks.

but you knew that, right? the racism of blacks are their own failings, yes? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Huh? That's actually what you discerned from that man's post? Seriously? Dude, you really should just stick to your lame cartoons, Fucker Carlson and that nobody comedian threads that you seem to find so infatuating.

His post had jack shit to do with what you posted and was about his opinion of whether hate crimes were warranted regarding what happened that day. What does your silly opinion of "the racism of blacks are their own failings" have a fucking thing to do with what happened in Montgomery, AL on that particular day? Racist much? LOL

For context, my first witness of a black on white hate crime was when I think I just started middle school (or around that time). The victim was Reginald Denny. I didn't know much about hate crimes when I saw it at that age, but I knew that sure the fuck was one and outrage and disgust from all was more than accurate and certainly justified. That was a far cry from what happened in Montgomery, AL... my point is a foul should not be called when one has not been committed.
When the wave of people that far outnumbered the boaters were attacking white people not even involved. And the mob and onlookers were yelling get that white mfer, @onkey, rednecks and white boy. That was racist. That was hate. Please watch the videos with sound. Please see the hate on social mediaa that is being allowed for some reason?
If it were reversed. Boycotts riots investigations.......
The angst created when someone mentions that black lives matter reminds us there is still much work to do. Yes there is racism on both sides. Since none of us were actually slaves, slave owners, or traders we have the convenience of not knowing what it was like for the centuries our nation existed while only some of the citizens enjoyed the rights and liberty promised by our Constitution.

I wonder if all the people who whine about white privilege not existing had needed a Federal law passed 60 years ago enforcing their right to vote and endured mainstream media discussing whether people who looked like them were capable of being head coaches, or QBs, or President would the narrative be the same?

There is a lot of violence in the videos from this incident. From both sides. I think its fair to ask the question and if any of it truly meets the criteria to be charged as hate crimes I do believe those laws exist for good reason. How they are put into use is a question for debate and this case is more about drunk idiots to me so I am not leaning that direction. Definitely not looking to create charges to settle some score.
It seems that what qualifies this as a so called “hate crime” is the racial slurs being hurled as punches are thrown.

Otherwise, it’s just a bunch of disgruntled people getting into a physical altercation.

A disturbing note. People’s true feelings come out under such stressful situations.
It seems that what qualifies this as a so called “hate crime” is the racial slurs being hurled as punches are thrown.

Otherwise, it’s just a bunch of disgruntled people getting into a physical altercation.

A disturbing note. People’s true feelings come out under such stressful situations. Originally Posted by Jackie S
For sure a good dose of stress and a little liquor can bring out things in people we otherwise would not see or hear.

Let me pose a question based on the events of these brawls. Obviously there is a racial dividing line though no indication that is anything but chance here unlike protesting at an event etc.

Using myself in the example if I get jumped by a group of (insert whatever group of people makes sense) and during the brawl use slurs towards them revealing my true feelings but would otherwise keep the thoughts to myself have I engaged in a hate crime? If they hurl slurs back at me while whooping my ass but otherwise would never utter such words in public is that also a hate crime?

Legally there are defenses to use when you react in the 'heat of passion' and that can drastically alter the penalty for an offense. Is the argument 'but you were madder and more hostile because they were _______ people' valid to increase someone's charges?
Lol. Come on adav8s28. You want to compare this to George Wallace blocking black students from registering for class? This incident in Montgomery is absolutely nothing, of no importance, compared to the integration of universities in the South.
Originally Posted by Tiny
I merely gave another example of a racist act occurring in the deep south when i mentioned Gov Wallace and black students registering for class. I was not trying to compare the two incidents or say they were of equal importance. You did that not me.

@Tiny, you are still tied for first place as the best amateur Virologist on ECCIE.NET.
Not one lib condemned this heinous act.
Betting they didn't watch from beginning to end with no edits.
This is a problem! Originally Posted by winn dixie
I am amused you would think they would.
The heinous act was when four people attacked the dockworker for trying to do his job. The only reason they attacked him was because he did not look like them. Do you think the white boaters would have attacked the dockworker if he were white? (Please try to answer with a straight face).

The people who came to aid the dockworker were just trying to make an unfair fight a fair fight. In doing so an innocent bystander got hurt.

Bottom line is: None of this would have happened had the four white boaters had not been racists. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Evidently you ever been drunk, color isn’t really an issue. The whites guys were in the wrong and that is end of the story. This isn’t pro football where the first dude gets a pass and the guy that retaliates get the penalty. The white men at least should be fined and jailed for drunk and disorderly.
Evidently you ever been drunk, color isn’t really an issue. The whites guys were in the wrong and that is end of the story. Originally Posted by oilfieldace
OFA, In the deep south color has always been the issue and will continue to be an issue. We are in agreement with sentence #2. However, the OP does not see it that way.
OFA, In the deep south color has always been the issue and will continue to be an issue. We are in agreement with sentence #2. However, the OP does not see it that way. Originally Posted by adav8s28
Ahhhh I've posted they were in the wrong. Absolutely. It's what ensued, that's hate.
Funny how few people agree with that so I think the jury here has spoken.
Ahhhh I've posted they were in the wrong. Absolutely. It's what ensued, that's hate. Originally Posted by winn dixie
What ensued were people coming to the defense of someone who was outnumbered 4 to 1 while being called a racial epithet.

Yes, they should have done a better job of making sure they did not attack someone who was not involved. That was not hate. They took their defense too far.

The hate was the four boaters attacking someone who did not look like them for trying to do his job.

Montgomery PD did the right thing.
Funny how few people agree with that so I think the jury here has spoken. Originally Posted by DNinja69
It depends who is on the jury. I think the jury would be a hung jury.