It wasn't the Confederate flag, it was a FBI screw up

I never said that. I said it didn't belong on govt property. Originally Posted by WombRaider
Yes you did, you lying,"#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. Your equivocating-ass denigrated the St Andrews Cross because of how it was used by the KKK, but when the same group co-opted the Stars and Stripes you professed you have no problem ignoring the purpose and intent of the co-opting group, you lying,"#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.
We aren't talking about our national flag. We are talking about the confederate flag. Someone marching with the US flag is their choice. The confederate flag was never our national flag.
We aren't talking about our national flag. We are talking about the confederate flag. Someone marching with the US flag is their choice. The confederate flag was never our national flag. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You're a liar, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. You explained that you felt free to denigrate one flag because of those who co-opted that flag, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. When it was pointed out that the same groups co-opted both flags, you claimed that you could ignore the intent and purposes of those groups because your definition for that symbol remained different despite being co-opted by those groups, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: a point of distinction lib-retards like you hypocritically deny other American citizens.
You're a liar, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. You explained that you felt free to denigrate one flag because of those who co-opted that flag, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas. When it was pointed out that the same groups co-opted both flags, you claimed that you could ignore the intent and purposes of those groups because your definition for that symbol remained different despite being co-opted by those groups, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas: a point of distinction lib-retards like you hypocritically deny other American citizens. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No, I said I could ignore the intent because it was our national flag. Not the flag of an Illegitimate breakaway nation. The confederate flag does not enjoy the same distinctions as our national flag. If you can't understand that, you're an idiot.

You'd be the dumb-ass, gayblade.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
Clipping shit out of context is something a child would do. You are getting dumber by the minute.
Dumbass, I did not say I thought anything one way or the other. I pointed out the double standard used by those of your flock. Where did I say we needed more or less regulation? Originally Posted by slingblade
I don't think any of the posters are saying their needs to be more laws, rather they are simply stating that the FBI background check did not work properly in this case. Now had it worked properly he may not have killed those people in the church with that gun. Would that stop a person hellbent on causing harm no, and no law can, he most likely would have found a method to hurt someone. This whole discussion is retarded, did the ball get dropped on this gun purchase, yes, did that cause the idiot to commit the crime, no. Did the flag cause the idiot to commit the crime no, is the flag representative of hate, in some cases yes. Should it be flying at any government facility no, should it be banned from personal purchase no. Has the hysteria gone to far, yes.
We aren't talking about our national flag. We are talking about the confederate flag. Someone marching with the US flag is their choice. The confederate flag was never our national flag. Originally Posted by WombRaider
As has been pointed out numerous times, this flag is not the national flag of anything or has been. This is the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia.
As has been pointed out numerous times, this flag is not the national flag of anything or has been. This is the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
I never said it was. Don't come in here late and try to understand what's going on. IB is contending that because KKK marched holding the US flag, that it's no better than the confederate flag, even though the confederate flag was never our national flag, as I stated above. Someone co-opting our national flag is their business. Co-opting a flag that represents the losing side in an illegal insurrection is different and it doesn't belong on any govt buildings. If your taste is bad enough to want to display one personally, so be it. It will make the racists easier to spot when the revolution breaks out...
I don't think any of the posters are saying their needs to be more laws, rather they are simply stating that the FBI background check did not work properly in this case. Now had it worked properly he may not have killed those people in the church with that gun. Would that stop a person hellbent on causing harm no, and no law can, he most likely would have found a method to hurt someone. This whole discussion is retarded, did the ball get dropped on this gun purchase, yes, did that cause the idiot to commit the crime, no. Did the flag cause the idiot to commit the crime no, is the flag representative of hate, in some cases yes. Should it be flying at any government facility no, should it be banned from personal purchase no. Has the hysteria gone to far, yes. Originally Posted by dirty dog
+1

As has been pointed out numerous times, this flag is not the national flag of anything or has been. This is the flag of the Army of Northern Virginia. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
+1

No, I said I could ignore the intent because it was our national flag. Not the flag of an Illegitimate breakaway nation. The confederate flag does not enjoy the same distinctions as our national flag. If you can't understand that, you're an idiot. Originally Posted by WombRaider
You're the idiotic jackass that claimed one flag should be denigrated because it had been co-opted while hypocritically ignoring how the other flag has been similarly co-opted, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas.

Clipping shit out of context is something a child would do. You are getting dumber by the minute. Originally Posted by slingblade
Nothing was taken out of context, gayblade, and you were the one childishly calling for more laws and regulations while ignoring that the FBI had admitted that it failed to enforce the laws and regulations that are already in place, gayblade.

I never said it was. Don't come in here late and try to understand what's going on. IB is contending that because KKK marched holding the US flag, that it's no better than the confederate flag, even though the confederate flag was never our national flag, as I stated above. Someone co-opting our national flag is their business. Co-opting a flag that represents the losing side in an illegal insurrection is different and it doesn't belong on any govt buildings. If your taste is bad enough to want to display one personally, so be it. It will make the racists easier to spot when the revolution breaks out... Originally Posted by WombRaider
You'd be the lying jackass with cognitive dissonance, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, because it's been your position that a flag caused the shooting in SC and that that flag is bad because it's been co-opted by the KKK, you "#Grubered", freelance faggot, Odumbo Minion from Arkansas, while you ignore how the Stars and Stripes was similarly co-opted by the KKK.
  • shanm
  • 07-16-2015, 09:59 PM
IBIdiot has been in full meltdown mode ever since his flag got yanked away.

Dance, chicken dick, dance!
IBIdiot has been in full meltdown mode ever since his flag got yanked away.

Dance, chicken dick, dance!
Originally Posted by shanm
You lib-retarded minions are the ignorant, "#Grubered" jackasses having your strings pulled, shamman, but you're too damn stupid to realize you're dancing to the tune played by your masters.
  • Old-T
  • 07-16-2015, 10:08 PM
It was neither a gun nor a flag, those are inanimate objects. It was the mindset and actions of the individual that were criminal. Laws define and discourage criminal acts, but they will never prevent the criminal acts of those few who are determined to be criminals. Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No, that is wrong. Mindset without the means to execute is neither a criminal act in most cases, nor (more importantly) as deadly. Legislating mindset--how someone thinks--is a seriously dangerous step. That is why I think "hate crime" designations are worse than useless--they are harmful.

But the gun allowed more mayhem to be committed that a knife or tire chain, and the flag is one means of spreading the mindset of hate to others. The mindset is more important, but the gun and flag are both contributing factors.
Your two favorite subjects, IBIdiot. Negroes and dead Negroes.

The killer also could have perpetrated the crime by poisoning the water supply, arson or long-term economic sanctions. Or even by putting out an eye with a BB gun.

Fuxking imbecile.

wheeeee doggies!
It was neither a gun nor a flag, those are inanimate objects. It was the mindset and actions of the individual that were criminal. Laws define and discourage criminal acts, but they will never prevent the criminal acts of those few who are determined to be criminals.
Originally Posted by I B Hankering
No, that is wrong. Mindset without the means to execute is neither a criminal act in most cases, nor (more importantly) as deadly. Legislating mindset--how someone thinks--is a seriously dangerous step. That is why I think "hate crime" designations are worse than useless--they are harmful.

But the gun allowed more mayhem to be committed that a knife or tire chain, and the flag is one means of spreading the mindset of hate to others. The mindset is more important, but the gun and flag are both contributing factors
Originally Posted by Old-T
You must be reading the posts through the bottom of your empty bottle again, Old-THUMPER, your cognitive myopia is very apparent: a gun is a "tool"; not a "contributor".

BTW, Old-THUMPER, the shooter could just as easily have used a machete to perpetrate his crime:

Beginning on April 6, 1994, and for the next hundred days, up to 800,000 Tutsis were killed by Hutu militia using clubs and machetes, with as many as 10,000 killed each day.

So, go screw your supercilious self, Old-THUMPER:

Your two favorite subjects, IBIdiot. Negroes and dead Negroes.

wheeeee doggies!
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You're the fagnit who can't stop talking about Gay Broadway shows and butt-slamming fun in the old South...

Wheeeee doggies!