Ask Spanky

Why did the flu shot not work very well this year and why should you still get one?
Can God create a rock He can't pick up?
Can God create a rock He can't pick up? Originally Posted by twobullhunglow
Yes. But on alternate days he/she can pick it up, nicely sidestepping the paradox. Except when he/she misses a few days picking up the rock and has to work out harder to be able to do it again.

Never skip rock day is the lesson here, if you're a supreme being.
If you had to pick a provider to represent each meal of the day, who would they be?
Why did the flu shot not work very well this year and why should you still get one? Originally Posted by Rockydoc
I'm no medical expert, but to my understanding, certain strains of influenza virus are targeted in the flu vaccine each year and those are the only ones it's effective against. So I'd guess that means that there was a mutated virus this year that the vaccine for the targeted viruses offers no protection from.

As for why you should still get one - I'd say because the influenza virus strains that were targeted in the vaccine are still out there making people sick, so it can still reduce the chance of getting those.
If you had to pick a provider to represent each meal of the day, who would they be? Originally Posted by Rollypolly
Sorry, I don't support cannibalism. Just not my thing.

(Jokes aside, this is the kind of question I prefer not to answer because it will inevitably piss someone off, either because of the reason I'd chosen them or why they weren't chosen for the ones that weren't. Self preservation is the first order of business.)
I'm no medical expert, but to my understanding, certain strains of influenza virus are targeted in the flu vaccine each year and those are the only ones it's effective against. So I'd guess that means that there was a mutated virus this year that the vaccine for the targeted viruses offers no protection from.

As for why you should still get one - I'd say because the influenza virus strains that were targeted in the vaccine are still out there making people sick, so it can still reduce the chance of getting those. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Not bad. The flu forecast this year guessed the wrong strain but it is still about 30% effective and shortens duration or the flu up to 40%.
So how did it feel exacting revenge on Shae and your daddy?

(Jokes aside, this is the kind of question I prefer not to answer because it will inevitably piss someone off, either because of the reason I'd chosen them or why they weren't chosen for the ones that weren't. Self preservation is the first order of business.) Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Hahaha I was wondering if there would be a cannibalism joke but great answer
What is the difference between Bleeding and Hemorrhaging?
What is the difference between Bleeding and Hemorrhaging? Originally Posted by biomed1
Hmm. Med school?
So how did it feel exacting revenge on Shae and your daddy? Originally Posted by Rockydoc
Dad felt great. Mixed feelings about Shae. Maybe I should have cut her some slack.

(Jokes aside, this is the kind of question I prefer not to answer because it will inevitably piss someone off, either because of the reason I'd chosen them or why they weren't chosen for the ones that weren't. Self preservation is the first order of business.) Originally Posted by SpankyJ
Wise words of a man who definitely knows things, drinks or no drinks! Lol!!

But if you decide to commit hobby suicide by publicly picking & choosing… Please leave me off the breakfast menu. I am not a morning person.
Dad felt great. Mixed feelings about Shae. Maybe I should have cut her some slack. Originally Posted by SpankyJ
That got dark fast.
So who's going to take the Iron Throne? I'm betting on Sansa and Gendry.