What kind of heat do you pack?

why are some pistols expensive? limited production run? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
I'd like to know that myself. One of the times i was in a store (while security guard, looking to see how much it would cost me to upgrade to an armed guard posting), i saw some larger 3.57s or even .44 cals, which were CHEEPER than some of the snub .38s or 9mms...
And i saw some model of 9mms, which were 350 or so, and others that were up over 900!!!
why are some pistols expensive? limited production run? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
If you ask that then you shouldn't own a firearm.
Desert Eagle 50AE. Go big or go home...

Among others. Originally Posted by gfejunkie
I like that. Those are very nice.

Jim

Many factors go into the price of a gun.

Mostly name brand or where it was made. You can buy identical knock offs for half the price.

Certain manufacturers do have better quality in their machinery. The guns lightness, reliability, rarity, etc go into a guns value
40 cal is the happy medium. I prefer 45 cal. I've seen too many situations on livelinks and bestgore.com where it takes 5 to 7 point blank 9 mm pellets to take down a perp/gorilla. 45 cal does it in one or two.

However, it's all about accuracy. Accuracy is all about the trigger!! The H-9 has about the best "out of the box" trigger I've ever pulled. Of course your gonna pay about $1200 for that privileged. Originally Posted by Muscleup
great info muscle
Certain manufacturers do have better quality in their machinery. The guns lightness, reliability, rarity, etc go into a guns value Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
That reminds me of an EO signed by Monica's squeeze right after he had set up shop in his predator's lair at the People's House by which a Russian pistol manufacturer (former sewing machine company) was able to ship 100's of 1,000's of polymer pistols to the U.S.

Fantastic for getting through metal detectors.
Keep Soringfield Armory 9mm with extra clips in all my vehicles. I looked at the single stack Soringfield & tried a Ruger LC9 with laser grip for CC but the double action trigger pull really effected my accuracy. I upgraded to a Kimber Solo Carry 9mn with laser grips (a red dot on your chest is pretty persuasive without firing a shot), small but not too small, all edges are rounded & smooth, very comfortable too carry inside wasteband in small of back (CrossBreed holster).
What you carry depends on the situation. For day to day carry I have a Beretta PX4 compact in .40 S&W.

Its small, relatively lightweight and I carry 10 and an extra magazine.

In my bag (textbooks, notepads, other essentials) I have a Ruger 9RE in 9 mm.

It is larger with a higher magazine capacity. I carry 14 in the magazine plus a spare.

In the summer time when you have to think small because of how you dress I carry a Taurus TCP in an ankle holster with .380.

I carry six.
with all the gun carriers, how come we never hear about these mass shooting, crimes, being stopped? Dont tell me the media, they jump all over these stories
If you ask that then you shouldn't own a firearm. Originally Posted by bamscram
Why shouldn't he own a firearm cause he merely questions why some of the same caliber, are different prices??
well most schools dont let the kids carry guns, let it happen at a shoping center with a bass pro near bye and see how much fire the shoooter will have to deal with , it reminds meof a time in dallasclose to the range i shoot at and some asshole tried to rob a qt with a small hand gun he got the suprise of his life that evening
with all the gun carriers, how come we never hear about these mass shooting, crimes, being stopped? Dont tell me the media, they jump all over these stories Originally Posted by themystic
Because they are in gun free zones. The church shooting in Texas stopped by a civilian NRA instructor with an AR15.

The media covered some of this, themystified.
Why shouldn't he own a firearm cause he merely questions why some of the same caliber, are different prices?? Originally Posted by garhkal
Basic lack of knowledge.
If i cant kill with 9mm i carry then i need a rifle which i always have in my car fuck i have ar 15 with a folding stock tht i can carry in my golf bag
with all the gun carriers, how come we never hear about these mass shooting, crimes, being stopped? Dont tell me the media, they jump all over these stories Originally Posted by themystic
Because 98% occur in gun free zones.