the TSA.. Thoughts and Opinions?

• oeb11
  • 08-04-2019, 10:34 AM
SR - Agreed.
9-11 changed our lives and travel patterns irrevocably.

Laws against "Profiling" mean that Grandma's get intensively searched, while young people in radical Islamic garb get passed on.
yes, it is an inconvenience to go throught - but better that than what the Radical islamists would love to do to our transportation system and citizens.

Freedom is not free, and requires observant commitment to safety and freedom.
SR - Agreed.
9-11 changed our lives and travel patterns irrevocably.

Laws against "Profiling" mean that Grandma's get intensively searched, while young people in radical Islamic garb get passed on.
yes, it is an inconvenience to go throught - but better that than what the Radical islamists would love to do to our transportation system and citizens.

Freedom is not free, and requires observant commitment to safety and freedom. Originally Posted by oeb11
Apparently you never fly.

I get intensively searched every time, TSA-pre or not. And it isn’t because I wear radical Islamic garb

Don’t know what “radical Islamic garb” would be, but I have seen an increased amount of people (non-white) getting extra attention, especially on international flights since the beginning of 2017.

Not too many Grandma’s (sic) though.
  • oeb11
  • 08-04-2019, 03:44 PM
do not feed trolls
the question is inherently political, ...

I do not fly often, .... Originally Posted by Chung Tran
It's not "political" at all.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry

You'll have to pass a background check and become a part of the "data base," but it will help you come and go particularly if you request "precheck" status so that you can enter through the fast lane ... and you can just put all your loose shit in your carry bag and leave your belt and shoes on MOST OF THE TIME.

Often they won't even scan them so they won't see your strapons.
It's not "political" at all.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-t...s/global-entry

You'll have to pass a background check and become a part of the "data base," but it will help you come and go particularly if you request "precheck" status so that you can enter through the fast lane ... and you can just put all your loose shit in your carry bag and leave your belt and shoes on MOST OF THE TIME.

Often they won't even scan them so they won't see your strapons. Originally Posted by LexusLover
it is political that the pre-check even exists. so I pass a background check.. so what? the El Paso mass murderer had a clean record. you are clean today, but can be dirty as Hell tomorrow.. the 9-11 Airflight "Students" all passed screenings to fuck up America. the fee for pre-check is high, which shuts out many people who would qualify but can't pay the fee. and you think it's not political???
Yeah ,school tax , SS on and on , The point is the PONZI system at work in the guberment bubble will crash sooner or later ( some get it some don't ) Originally Posted by rexdutchman
+1
Those time estimates to arrive at the airport are ridiculous. I arrive at the airport a maximum of 2 hours before my flight. Depends on the flight time. There are peak times of travel at airports and the lines will be much longer than off-peak times so adjust accordingly.

I can't remember what the security procedures were prior to 9/11 but they certainly were no where close to the procedures being followed now. At Austin-Bergstrom airport, 93 guns were found at checkpoints and in carry-on luggage in 2018, 4,238 nationwide. There was in all likelihood no ill intent on the part of those people, but still, you never know.

Again, I have absolutely no problem with the actions of the TSA. I have been pulled aside for a more intensive check 2 or 3 times. Yes, a pain in the butt but I would never say "unnecessary". Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Yeah, Guns can be transported but a traveler has to make special arrangements because they do have a firearms protocol apparently some people don't go through the proper channels. Going through O'Hara a few years ago I had full size tube of toothpaste in my carry on brand new never used still in the original box. They gave me a choice to go and put it with my checked luggage or throw it away, lol. I told the TSA Agent, I don't have time to check it and I hate to throw it away so why don't you give it to your kids. He sort of laughed and told me to go catch my plane. I don't know what he did with it but I needed to get to my gate.
these lovely people are at it again..

https://nypost.com/2019/08/16/you-ug...ndom-traveler/
  • oeb11
  • 08-17-2019, 09:11 AM
I am unwilling to tar all TSA employees with this - it is the isolated act of one employee
Who was justifiably fired - DPST's can now scream 'Racism" and defend this employee
When the Feds pay peanut wages for TSA employees - they are not going to get the cream of the crop of employees.
Remember what caused the TSA to be created - usama bin laden
I am unwilling to tar all TSA employees with this - it is the isolated act of one employee
Who was justifiably fired - DPST's can now scream 'Racism" and defend this employee
When the Feds pay peanut wages for TSA employees - they are not going to get the cream of the crop of employees.
Remember what caused the TSA to be created - usama bin laden Originally Posted by oeb11
of course they are not ALL bad. any large organization like TSA will have bad apples. but TSA has a large number, this particular incident is one of legions of examples of TSA misconduct. I disagree that Osama CAUSED the creation of TSA.. his action led to that, but I think better avenues for safety should have been instituted. TSA is a bloated, travel-stifling mess, that does little to keep the public safe. how many examples of secret tests has TSA failed? way too many.
do not feed trolls Originally Posted by oeb11
You will starve to death little man. Btw I bought you a new MAGA hat to replace the one that got slapped off your head
Remember what caused the TSA to be created - usama bin laden Originally Posted by oeb11
TSA are racist. Why are you saying this black TSA worker was getting fed peanuts? What were you implying? More Nazi Racist dialogue. Not very constructive or cogent
  • oeb11
  • 08-17-2019, 09:53 AM
Cannot disagree that there are multiple reports of failure to detect weapons by TSA.

And it is an inconvenience to boarding flights.

how effective is the TSA in preventing terrorist or destructive acts on flights - I do not know if that information exists.

It is likely a trade-off - how much intrusion into travel screening, v the risk of the horrible, but rare terrorism on a plane.

If you want security - El Al airline has very intensive screening, and effective security. For a good reason - they are a target of Radical Islamic terrorists and must screen passengers intensively for their survival as a carrier.

We have become inured by the lack of incidents in US carriers, and as a result, look at the TSA as only an inconvenience.

I wish info on how effective the TSA is was available.

Suggestion - CT - write your congressman and Senator letters of the issues - No One else has clout to change matters.
Why are you saying this black TSA worker was getting fed peanuts? What were you implying? Originally Posted by themystic
if he was implying she looks like she belongs in the Elephant cage at the local Zoo, I completely agree
  • oeb11
  • 08-17-2019, 09:56 AM
TM :You will starve to death little man. Btw I bought you a new MAGA hat to replace the one that got slapped off your head

TSA are racist. Why are you saying this black TSA worker was getting fed peanuts? What were you implying? More Nazi Racist dialogue. Not very constructive or cogent

Thank You VP - the Comedy corner is a better place for your personal posts.

The RTM button is your friend. use it.