How many providers barter or have bartered

Ginger - OBSG is correct. Any decent guy will buy and install it for $100 tops off a session. Don't let someone take advantage of you just because you don't know about lighting.
There are different types of ballasts for various types of lamps.
I dedicate myself to the remodeling of houses and apartments.
I just wanted to help her for nothing.
But thanks anyway....
T here are different types of ballasts for various types of lamps.
I dedicate myself to the remodeling of houses and apartments.
I just wanted to help her for nothing.
But thanks anyway.... Originally Posted by Andede011;10598 7s35
So help her. Nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone. No one was implying you specifically would try to rip her off
Just for her to be careful to not "overpay" for what should be a simple job
I can see the merit of protecting someone from a low cost barter, i.e. job cost 50 bucks or so to do whatever, but what about when it's the other way around? Guys doing $1500 jobs for example...what's THAT worth on the pussy scale?

I have no idea what it is, or looks like or where it goes. I thought it was a thingamajig on a ship! The person who changed my lights out said the reason they still wouldn't work was because of a faulty "ballast". Right over my head. Originally Posted by GingerKatt
Many can be easily replaced, if you're a little confident with basic electrical work. I had to replace one on my kitchen lighting last year.

Home Depot sells lots of them. For ease of repair, I recommend taking the old one with you so you can make sure you get the correct replacement.
Barter has risks. Better damn sure be very comfortable that the other side will deliver enough to compensate fairly. Typically,
the few times I have bartered, I do cash for cash. I give her my rates for the work required. If she owes me less than her session rate, I offer to pay her the difference,. If she owes me more than her session rate, she can pay me the balance in cash. If I know her real well, or she is exceptionally solid on the board, I may take a future session but it has to be for as soon as possible. As time passes, the appreciation for the value received seems to drop as does the likelihood of getting that additional session(s). Waiting more than a few days to get the balance is a sure way to never get it.
I can see the merit of protecting someone from a low cost barter, i.e. job cost 50 bucks or so to do whatever, but what about when it's the other way around? Guys doing $1500 jobs for example...what's THAT worth on the pussy scale?

Originally Posted by Randall Creed
  • BLM69
  • 08-21-2017, 08:55 AM
So help her. Nothing wrong with doing something nice for someone. No one was implying you specifically would try to rip her off
Just for her to be careful to not "overpay" for what should be a simple job Originally Posted by oldbutstillgoing
If its a "simple job" take time out, go remove the ballast, head to the home depot, purchase it, re-install and take care of it?

Below is your AD posted in this thread, Your services offered sound pretty simple to me and can be found on YouTube but I didn't want to rain on your parade until I noticed you were devaluing another members offer of services, The computer tech/help desk were killed by the internet, kids figure this type of tech work out today with the web.

"Any gal needing any kind of computer work, data recovery, virus removal, replacement of failed hard drive, transferring everything to a new computer, complete webcam packages and set up, AV work, tablet or phone repair, let me know. I will be happy to give you a quote"
+1

Just wanted to introduce myself. Im a 37yo former US Marine and construction accountant. I also have a small Mobil handyman business specializing in home, lawn, and automotive maintenance services. I have a few gals that I barter with so if you ever need any of my services whether accounting or maintenance related, just shoot me a message. I'm super easy to work with and have references upon request.

Remember, I cum to you! So with my services you dont have to miss out on making money, u get to see other clients while repairs are made, and save money you would have spent on repairs at the same time!

Thanks and have a great day!
I’ve had luck a few times bartering video games and systems and have also bartered for some things I won’t mention. I buy and resell games, toys and other geeky collectibles. It was a great time.
just pay me I'll go get what I want or need ...
someone will lose out every time and my not be able to
keep up to their part of the deal in the end !