Church's and Violence Tomorrow?

Enjoy representing yourself! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Anyone who represents himself in court has a fool for a lawyer. Anyone who gets his legal advice from some legal wannabe know it all on a fucking hooker board still has a fool for a lawyer.
  • oeb11
  • 04-14-2020, 06:13 PM
LL- I have no desire to be in a fight with U.

State medical boards cover physicians, PA'a, and other ancillary medically related fields such as acupupuncture. not hard to look up the functions.

Same as law - as i put it - "the physician who treats himself has an idiot for a patient' - There is a similar idiom for lawyers representing themselves.

U are entitled to ur opinion.
Anyone who represents himself in court has a fool for a lawyer. Originally Posted by Lapdog
The 1st time I heard that was when I was a kid. I can't remember the guys full name but if I remember correctly, his last name was Ferguson. He killed people one day on a Subway in NYC in the early 90's.

Anyway, I remember watching some of the trial on the news and it was the weirdest shit. He was representing himself and the people who took the stand during his trial who survived were still rightfully pissed off at him. He kept asking the people on the stand to point out who shot them. They pretty much all yelled out "YOU DID" while pointing at him. One of the guys was so pissed when he asked that same question, I thought he was going to jump over the stand and beat the shit out of Ferguson's stupid and crazy murdering ass.
  • Tiny
  • 04-14-2020, 06:23 PM
The only "circle" is the circle jerk in which you've entangled yourself. ..... when you started bashing lawyers for sticking money in their pocket you were admitting defeat ... unwittingly.

Your tangent of quelling the practice of others' religion is going to go nowhere .... and putting some hair-brain "health care" standard of suspending people's Inalienable Rights is a dead end.

And it reveals my statement is correct in so far as you are concerned .... your personal experience in defending others' basic essential RIGHTS expressed in the Bill of Rights ... amounts to a pimple on a gnats ass .... or you wouldn't even suggest such foolishness.

Just for grins: Do you have any experience with any state "Medical Board" with respect to "monitoring physicians"? http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/page/medical-board-bios Originally Posted by LexusLover
Man, where did that come from. Oeb never bashed lawyers for putting money in their pockets. He said the opposite, that CEO's make a lot more than lawyers. He also said doctors regulate doctors, and laws protect the people from government agencies. That implies you need lawyers to keep the doctors and government agencies from screwing people.

If you want to come after someone for denigrating the legal profession, come after me. Like I posted before in this thread, our government is of the lawyers, by the lawyers and for the lawyers. So yeah, common sense and science play second fiddle to the lawyers when it comes to spreading disease in churches. If we had more scientists and engineers and fewer attorneys the country would be better off.
  • Tiny
  • 04-14-2020, 06:24 PM
Anyone who represents himself in court has a fool for a lawyer. Anyone who gets his legal advice from some legal wannabe know it all on a fucking hooker board still has a fool for a lawyer. Originally Posted by Lapdog
You realize Oeb did neither of those. Basically LL thinks anyone who's not an attorney shouldn't be reading and writing about constitutional issues as they relate to the way we're governed.
It's obvious that the reds on here have one finger on their guns and 9 fingers on the keyboard. They can only think w one finger
  • Tiny
  • 04-14-2020, 06:49 PM
It's obvious that the reds on here have one finger on their guns and 9 fingers on the keyboard. They can only think w one finger Originally Posted by Tsmokies
That's complete bull shit -- I only think with my dick. But I'm a mixed race bastard, three red grandparents and a blue grandmother. Who worshipped the ground Jimmy Carter walked on, may she rest in peace.

If you want to come after someone for denigrating the legal profession, come after me. Like I posted before in this thread, our government is of the lawyers, by the lawyers and for the lawyers. So yeah, common sense and science play second fiddle to the lawyers when it comes to spreading disease in churches. If we had more scientists and engineers and fewer attorneys the country would be better off. Originally Posted by Tiny
I'm not "coming after" anyone. Were you the one who said being a lawyer is not difficult .... just read statutes and cases?

Originally Posted by oeb11:
One can read the statutes and cases - it is not hard - and understand what our legislatures have inflicted upon us as citizens.
There is a very excellent reason why so many of those who make laws and enforce them are lawyers. This country is a country of "laws" as it has been said frequently.

Please identify ONE LAW (by statute #) passed by Congress that was passed by Congress "FOR THE LAWYERS"! Rather than discuss the merits of tossing the Bill of Rights based on a "health care" exception the "argument" becomes one of attacking and/or marginalizing lawyers.

The "oeb" goes on to spew ......

and understand what our legislatures have inflicted upon us as citizens.
So, it's much simpler to have a mayor "order" church goers to be arrested WITHOUT any of that pesky "LEGISLATURE" stuff, right?

What kind of fucking idiot advocates a mayor ordering people to be arrested in the process of exercising one of their most cherished rights in the Bill of Rights ....

.. because they MIGHT be infected with a virus???????

I hope none of you geniuses go for a rub this week!!!! She MIGHT be INFECTED! Go to Jail!

There is space .... since the same fucking major let loose the convicted criminals so they wouldn't infect others or be infected .......... !!!!! Some one needs to reread Alice in Wonderland!
  • Tiny
  • 04-15-2020, 08:59 AM
Please identify ONE LAW (by statute #) passed by Congress that was passed by Congress "FOR THE LAWYERS"! Rather than discuss the merits of tossing the Bill of Rights based on a "health care" exception the "argument" becomes one of attacking and/or marginalizing lawyers.

The "oeb" goes on to spew ......

So, it's much simpler to have a mayor "order" church goers to be arrested WITHOUT any of that pesky "LEGISLATURE" stuff, right?

What kind of fucking idiot advocates a mayor ordering people to be arrested in the process of exercising one of their most cherished rights in the Bill of Rights ....

.. because they MIGHT be infected with a virus??????? Originally Posted by LexusLover
You're the one who originally brought up attacking lawyers. But since you did...

A city recently fined parishioners $500 a piece for attending a service in a parking lot where people stayed in their cars.
Fining them and preventing them from holding the service was absolutely unjustifiable. If a church holds a service as Sienna said with reasonable social distancing, people seated 6 feet apart and either outside or not too many in the building, the service shouldn't be shut down. But then you've got the nut case described in Oeb's post who was telling his parishioners to come together, shake hands, etc., not only in violation of local laws or practices applicable to non-religious businesses and institutions, but against reason and common sense. He shouldn't be able to hide behind the cloak of religious freedom.

I'm sure many lawyers will be happy to defend his RIGHT to promote disease if he's a paying customer. Lawyers are always finding how someone's RIGHTS were violated to sue. Then they charge 35% or 40% of whatever they take from the other side. The other side's lawyers take another 10% or 15%.

My uncle, a wise mine, sued a neighbor over an adverse possession case. When they were walking into the courtroom, he told him, "I think I know who's going to win this case." His neighbor indignantly said, "I think I know who's going to win too." My uncle said, "The Lawyers". He was right. He alone paid about $7000 to maintain possession of land worth about $5000. The winners are the lawyers. The reasonable people who would normally do the right thing are the ones who get fucked.

Why are insurance costs so high? Because lawyers are always looking to defend someone's RIGHTS, often for overstated or unjustified reasons.

Why are medical costs so high in the USA? Well, a small but significant part of the reason why is the lawyers. An obstetrician or gynecologist pays $85,000 to $200,000 for insurance.

I hope none of you geniuses go for a rub this week!!!! She MIGHT be INFECTED! Go to Jail!

There is space .... since the same fucking major let loose the convicted criminals so they wouldn't infect others or be infected .......... !!!!! Some one needs to reread Alice in Wonderland! Originally Posted by LexusLover
They sure as hell ought to let older prisoners who are most likely to die from coronavirus and who are unlikely risks to society out for the duration. Prisons are potential breeding grounds for this, especially when people aren't being tested or wearing masks.

A larger question, why is it illegal to get a rub and tug? Why are so many more people incarcerated in America than other countries? Why are there so many young black men in jail? Why are businessmen thrown in jail for violating stupid laws? There are three people who were thrown in U.S. jails for terms up to 8 years for inadvertently importing some pregnant lobsters from Honduras, in plastic cases, in violation of Honduran laws that were later rescinded. Well, it's because our government is of the lawyers, by the lawyers and for the lawyers. More people in the criminal justice system represents more business for lawyers.
Enjoy representing yourself! Originally Posted by LexusLover

I may have family and friends that are Doctors and/or Lawyers. From those relationships I have learned two golden rules:
  1. When you are sick, you want a Good Doctor
  2. When you are in legal trouble, you want a Great Lawyer
  • oeb11
  • 04-15-2020, 09:11 AM
Tiny - thanks - i appreciate your points.

I have no interest ini being in a fight with LL - I posted my opinion - and it is different than LL's.

I posted nothing to denigrate LL or his opinion on a personal basis.

I wonder if folks are getting cabin fever and losing a sense of "logic and proportion"!
i bet at least one poster can identify the partial lyric from the 60's! ? WYID???
  • Tiny
  • 04-15-2020, 10:06 AM
I have no interest ini being in a fight with LL - I posted my opinion - and it is different than LL's.

I posted nothing to denigrate LL or his opinion on a personal basis.

I wonder if folks are getting cabin fever and losing a sense of "logic and proportion"!
i bet at least one poster can identify the partial lyric from the 60's! ? WYID??? Originally Posted by oeb11
I don't know why he went after you. Unlike me you went overboard to be courteous.

Grace Slick / Jefferson Starship? And yeah maybe I'm guilty of that.
...I wonder if folks are getting cabin fever and losing a sense of "logic and proportion"!
i bet at least one poster can identify the partial lyric from the 60's! ? WYID??? Originally Posted by oeb11

Do I remember What the Dooman Said? WYID, Jefferson Airplane, but I saw them in the 70's as Jefferson Starship, sitting middle of the second row. Pappa John Creech was sporting a cast at the time, as I recall. Great show.

Gonna have to crank some of that out on the system today. Feed your head...
  • oeb11
  • 04-15-2020, 01:19 PM
From Surrealistic Pillow - 1967 - second album - I still have it in vinyl! Congrats to Tiny and WYID!!

Grace Slick wrote the lyric for "White rabbit" - part of their eponymous album with "Somebody to Love"
Taken from :
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland is an 1865 novel written by English author Charles Lutwidge Dodgson under the pseudonym Lewis Carroll.

One pill makes you larger, and one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall
And if you go chasing rabbits, and you know you're going to fall
Tell 'em a hookah-smoking caterpillar has given you the call
And call Alice, when she was just small
When the men on the chessboard get up and tell you where to go
And you've just had some kind of mushroom, and your mind is moving low
Go ask Alice, I think she'll know
When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead
And the white knight is talking backwards
And the red queen's off with her head
Remember what the dormouse said
Feed your head, feed your head
From Surrealistic Pillow - 1967 - second album - I still have it in vinyl! Congrats to Tiny and WYID!!... Originally Posted by oeb11

Nice. Where do I collect my participation ribbon?

I'm also a long time fan of the Architectural Abdabs.
You seem like someone born under a bad sign. Me? I was coming from the place they call The Spanish Moon. Maybe you heard about this place. There were a lot of eccie members filling up the room at the time.