@JaD

What is a Houston mod doing in National giving out rules advice. You shitting in someone else's bed? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Lol! I guess someone's gotta be a mod around here. We need a rentamod since the mods don't do their jobs.
EA is from Houston. So, there's a big show of supprt for EA understandably.

Perception on this speaks volumes. I've seen posts/reviews closed by Mods that violate the rules. Perception is that Mods do as they like. May not be the case, but the perception is NOT good. Especially when rules are quoted but in the other cases, no rule applies. Mod did it because he could and NO one is going to challenge a Mod. Respect is given automatically, but once it's lost, it almost never is regained.

Perception on this speaks volumes. I've seen posts/reviews closed by Mods that violate the rules. Perception is that Mods do as they like. May not be the case, but the perception is NOT good. Especially when rules are quoted but in the other cases, no rule applies. Mod did it because he could and NO one is going to challenge a Mod. Respect is given automatically, but once it's lost, it almost never is regained. Originally Posted by mijo(BFE)
EA is from Houston. So, there's a big show of supprt for EA understandably.

Perception on this speaks volumes. I've seen posts/reviews closed by Mods that violate the rules. Perception is that Mods do as they like. May not be the case, but the perception is NOT good. Especially when rules are quoted but in the other cases, no rule applies. Mod did it because he could and NO one is going to challenge a Mod. Respect is given automatically, but once it's lost, it almost never is regained. Originally Posted by mijo(BFE)
I think this is an accurate representation of a de facto situation. Mods do what the hell they please with impunity. Theoretically, one could appeal a mod's action to St. Chris but I've never seen any such action take place.

The only thing I've seen that approaches a reversal of a mod's action was the recent erroneous action taken against SL. Although no explanation was ever given, it appears SL's status was restored and the mod in that case was dealt with.
Anyone care to post a guideline that warrants this thread being closed?
@JaD

What is a Houston mod doing in National giving out rules advice. You shitting in someone else's bed? Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Well...... since you have asked...... I am a Houston Member first and foremost.... so being in National is not really that big of a deal..... also, as stated before, Chica is no longer around.... and since his retirement, it has been asked (and has always been appreciated by others) to come in and lend a hand during the transition....... The Staff as a whole likes one another and is all about helping out when we can, or when someone needs it..... Help was asked for, so I was happy to oblige...... I would never, and have never shat in anyone's bed..... any action that I have (or will) take from a Moderation standpoint will be appropriately noted for the Mods in this forum and they are always free to go with what they feel is right over what I do...... Afterall, this is their area....... Hope that helps....

EA is from Houston. So, there's a big show of suport.

Well.... EA is also a NEW Mod and as stated above, when help is needed.... we all pitch in to help and guide.... since we know him, and like him, we are happy to help him......

I love the 2nd part of this post.... and it could not be more spot on! Signing and noting WHY a thread is closed and by who is such an important part of what should have always been done..... not knowing reasons only leads to speculations which is almost always a bad thing.... Not so sure about respect being automatically given, but 100% is almost never regained.....

Damn!! Did I just agree w/Mijo?!? Either he has gone mad, or I have!!

JaD
I think this is an accurate representation of a de facto situation. Mods do what the hell they please with impunity. Theoretically, one could appeal a mod's action to St. Chris but I've never seen any such action take place.

The only thing I've seen that approaches a reversal of a mod's action was the recent erroneous action taken against SL. Although no explanation was ever given, it appears SL's status was restored and the mod in that case was dealt with. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
They're just there pretty much.
Just reading this is making my blood pressure rise and I haven't the slightest clue what's even going on...Damn I must be getting old
Just reading this is making my blood pressure rise and I haven't the slightest clue what's even going on...Damn I must be getting old Originally Posted by Valerie
Time move faster across the pond?

JaD

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
Quite possibly! But then again it is 02:00 right now...

The only thing I've seen that approaches a reversal of a mod's action was the recent erroneous action taken against SL. Although no explanation was ever given, it appears SL's status was restored and the mod in that case was dealt with. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
I could not disagree more....... while SOME explanation was not given, if you were paying attention, much was...... and if you feel a certain mod does do certain things that are contrary to the guidelines posted by ownership, then I can GUARANTEE that owners will take note of it, and move when applicable...... its bad business to sit and do nothing when that happens..... and if you think this is about something other than that at the bottom line, then you would be wrong..... Everyone on the staff has accountability..... these are facts.....

They're just there pretty much. Originally Posted by ZarahAdams
That is funny you say that...... because in my opinion..... the less you see of a Mod's action the better...... keeps from impeding the flow of information..... I have said this before, and I'll say it again.... I believe that a good mod is one who knows his place is at the front of the boat with the long pole keeping the boat from running aground..... the less you notice he's there (i.e. you look to see why the hell the boat is bouncing) the better job he's doing..... he/she should not be the motor that pushes the boat, nor the anchor that stops it.... but one to help try and keep it in the middle of the river....

JaD

JaD Originally Posted by Jusanotherdude
Quite possibly! But then again it is 02:00 right now... Originally Posted by Valerie
Damn JDude, you're not kidding....it's already tomorrow over there!! Val, come back to the states, you'll get younger!!
Damn JDude, you're not kidding....it's already tomorrow over there!! Val, come back to the states, you'll get younger!! Originally Posted by Ed Highlight
Seems like sound logic to me.......

JaD