Did Texas "Re-open" too Soon?

I’m not sure if that’s right. They very well may count a person with antibodies a confirmed case since it shows that they had the virus at some point.
I’m not sure if that’s right. They very well may count a person with antibodies a confirmed case since it shows that they had the virus at some point. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I think that's what it is. which is misleading, because the numbers suggest a new case is possibly a danger, transmittable to me.. someone with antibodies suggests that person is healed, and will not be harmful in my presence. we can debate that the full impact of the virus is still unknown, but I would rather have transparent numbers, than bundling 2 groups into one number.
Hmmm.. so I heard this morning that Texas is counting new confirmed Corona cases as those who test positive and those who ARE DISCOVERED TO HAVE THE ANTIBODIES.. huh?

if you have the antibody, that should reduce, take away from the total, not ADD to it!

what Libtard is doing the counting? Originally Posted by Chung Tran
I’m not sure if that’s right. They very well may count a person with antibodies a confirmed case since it shows that they had the virus at some point. Originally Posted by Jacuzzme
I think that's what it is. which is misleading, because the numbers suggest a new case is possibly a danger, transmittable to me.. someone with antibodies suggests that person is healed, and will not be harmful in my presence. we can debate that the full impact of the virus is still unknown, but I would rather have transparent numbers, than bundling 2 groups into one number. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
The number is the number based on testing. Positive antibody testing shows that the person had it and exhibited either low enough symptoms as to not an active test or was totally asymptomatic. That you fear the number means you are not understanding the number.

At this point giving that number is being transparent in determining the overall impact of the spread.
The number is the number based on testing. Positive antibody testing shows that the person had it and exhibited either low enough symptoms as to not an active test or was totally asymptomatic. That you fear the number means you are not understanding the number.
Originally Posted by eccielover
I think I got it.. yeah, I didn't understand.. partly because the guy I heard on TV, who said it, was blowing off the increased confirmations as a bullshit kind of number. I was piggybacking his consternation, LOL
I believe that is substantially correct though mask offer wearer some protection as well.

Now, if you have tested negative it is a defense to not wearing a mask.

If you tested positive, lived, and recovered - you should have immunity via antibodies and no need to wear a mask - party on! Originally Posted by friendly fred
We don't live in a sterile environment. As humans we will come in contact with pathogens everyday whether it is a viral antigen or a bacteria ect. So you can posses a viral antigen and not display symptoms it doesn't necessarily mean you have the disease or the virus has replicated to the point you are contagious. Besides that the test given for Covid 19 is very inaccurate. I personally have no symptoms and I am feeling. I could take the test and it could show up positive and I would be counted as a new case of Covid-19 or I could display some minor symptoms and show a negative. There is no Gold Standard to compare test samples to. They just want to keep the public in limbo until they roll out their fucking vaccine and only God knows what poisons it will contain.
Gold's Gyms now open operating at 25% capacity. I got there about 3 and had no problem getting in. Staff wore masks and gloves. There was between 30-40 people working out with a few wearing masks and a few wearing gloves, some of which were weightlifting gloves and some not. Social distancing was practiced for the most part and some machines were closed down. Locker rooms and showers shut down.

Today Gov. Abbott announced that just about all establishments not yet open would open immediately or on Friday at latest. Restrictions will apply.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/he...f-010a7b410965
Gold's Gyms now open operating at 25% capacity. I got there about 3 and had no problem getting in. Staff wore masks and gloves. There was between 30-40 people working out with a few wearing masks and a few wearing gloves, some of which were weightlifting gloves and some not. Social distancing was practiced for the most part and some machines were closed down. Locker rooms and showers shut down.

Today Gov. Abbott announced that just about all establishments not yet open would open immediately or on Friday at latest. Restrictions will apply.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/he...f-010a7b410965 Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
It looks like the rules actually require gloves at the gym.
It looks like the rules actually require gloves at the gym. Originally Posted by friendly fred
I had read that too but it seems like they are optional. BTW, the Golds I go to closes from 1-2 in the afternoon for cleaning.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/he...f-010a7b410965 Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Lifetime emailed rules that said nothing about clients wearing gloves. I asked for clarification and they said any glove. Another gym said "closed finger gloves." I will go to Lifetime tomorrow. My understanding is no lockerrooms, showers and waterfountains but the restrooms will be open.
I think that's what it is. which is misleading, because the numbers suggest a new case is possibly a danger, transmittable to me.. someone with antibodies suggests that person is healed, and will not be harmful in my presence. we can debate that the full impact of the virus is still unknown, but I would rather have transparent numbers, than bundling 2 groups into one number. Originally Posted by Chung Tran
If I comprehend your conclusions regarding "anti-bodies" your speculation is based on stats as opposed to science. Stats are incomplete numbers derived from a designated "sample" of the population, which has not been tested AND their physical condition monitored in a lab setting. A lot of the shit floating around the internet is just that .... "shit."

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a close nurse friend back when AIDS was the hysteria and "pandemic" was beginning:

She was an operating room nurse and was telling me that AIDS was only transmitted by sexual activity. She told me they were tested weekly for AIDS and had to wear shields and additional protective wear during surgery to make sure they didn't get infected! When I asked her if they were fucking in the operating room it got quiet. Apparently the publicity wasn't consistent with reality.
Lifetime emailed rules that said nothing about clients wearing gloves. I asked for clarification and they said any glove. Another gym said "closed finger gloves." I will go to Lifetime tomorrow. My understanding is no lockerrooms, showers and waterfountains but the restrooms will be open. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Yes, water fountains were shut off which was probably the most difficult part of the workout.
If I comprehend your conclusions regarding "anti-bodies" your speculation is based on stats as opposed to science. Stats are incomplete numbers derived from a designated "sample" of the population, which has not been tested AND their physical condition monitored in a lab setting. A lot of the shit floating around the internet is just that .... "shit."

I am reminded of a conversation I had with a close nurse friend back when AIDS was the hysteria and "pandemic" was beginning:

She was an operating room nurse and was telling me that AIDS was only transmitted by sexual activity. She told me they were tested weekly for AIDS and had to wear shields and additional protective wear during surgery to make sure they didn't get infected! When I asked her if they were fucking in the operating room it got quiet. Apparently the publicity wasn't consistent with reality. Originally Posted by LexusLover
The protocols for infection control in the operating room protect them from many things - but that was a good, pointed question!

Nurses tend to have sex with many people for free and that is why many end up here - why not get paid?
Just back from the gym...

About half the people were wearing gloves. Almost all the gloves were "open fingered."

Pool and steamroom open. Hottub not.

Estimate more employees than people working out.

Their laser thermometer is a joke. My temp 95 degrees. Sign says you can't work out if temp was 100.4 degrees or higher. You'd be dead first if their equipment registered that.
[QUOTE=gnadfly;1062063956]Just back from the gym...

About half the people were wearing gloves. Almost all the gloves were "open fingered."

Their laser thermometer is a joke. My temp 95 degrees. Sign says you can't work out if temp was 100.4 degrees or higher. You'd be dead first if their equipment registered that. [/QUOTE]
Not really, normal body temperature is 98.6 some people are a little lower. So 100.4 is low grade fever. 104 to 106 is convulsive and knocking on deaths door.
Just back from the gym...

Their laser thermometer is a joke. My temp 95 degrees. Sign says you can't work out if temp was 100.4 degrees or higher. You'd be dead first if their equipment registered that. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Went for a haircut yesterday and my temp was taken. Not at the gym though.